1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Not sure where else to post this. I had originally posted in the "fall of players" thread (that has subsequently been locked) that I felt there was something wrong with the FFB and that Gamer Muscle had a point about that. Turns out that somehow the settings on my wheel got subtly, but catastrophically, changed and that was the issue. Sorry for such a rookie error and for causing @Lord Kunos and team to have heart palpitations! FFB is the same as it was before, and it was just me. Apologies for that - the sim is getting better every day and it's great to see more and more people understanding that.

Micii1, Keithb23, Dookie and 6 others like this.
  2. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Cool mate thanks

Coanda likes this.
  3. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

There nothing wrong. The event starts at the "start of the thunderstorm". The asphalt is almost
    dry at the very start and obviously because of the very heavy rain it gets worse and worse until practically completely soaked by the 2nd lap. So all your reference points have to change radically from 1st to 2nd lap. It's the beauty of variable weather :p

AurusCE, JanR, Ischemica and 6 others like this.
  4. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

There are lots of threads and post about Monza Slidshows and crashes, didn´t want to discuss it here, just had the hope this is a fix, as well for the non active look left/right buttons since final 1.0.7, in combination with tracking software but no, no success.

5. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

It is reported, but unfortunately so far none of our QA or beta testers or devs have been able to reproduce it, and the logs only show a renderer error (UE4 native code). I know it must be annoying and we apologize for the inconvenience but as long as we can't recreate the issue and observe it in a debug environment, we can't do much about it. :(

Andrex, jaxx_za and sps_for_race like this.
  6. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Wondering, it worked before 1.0.6 and before triples got the big FOV / Zoom in the menues and Track Trailer videos. But thanks for a reply at least.

7. Aristotelis

I've got you covered! We found out what's going on with the look left/right buttons.
    If you have the AC1 mod RealHeadMotion installed, (or any trackIR old installation), then Unreal will find it and enable it. At that point the left/right doesn't work anymore. 2 workarounds until a permanent fix comes with 1.0.8 or earlier.

1. Find the RealHeadMotion plugin folder and rename it or rename the files NPClient.dll and NPClient64.dll (you can also search your whole PC for them).

2. Or search into your registry (with regedit) for NATURAL POINT and delete the entries.

8. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Thank you very much!
    Will try, don´t have the AC1 RHM installed.

Aristotelis likes this.
  9. Balles

Balles Gamer

I did the Silverstone event and there is no problem to drive in the storm. I bet you have not enought TC. On the Aston Martin, I found that below 9 you spin easily even in the straight. With 9 or 10 you're good to go.

10. Aristotelis

Then most probably you have natural point trackIR files installed somewhere or something similar. Search for those .dll's or the registry

sps_for_race likes this.
  11. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Sure, I have opentrack installed (to use the analog Joystick on the Fanatec Rim) and in 1.0.7 beta we could use both, the Joystick and the Buttons, since 1.0.7 only the Joystick works.
    But this is not a big thing now, don´t want to bother you with this little issue.
    Thanks again!

Aristotelis likes this.
  12. Great to hear about a possible solution :)
    RHM is installed on my system and I'll try your workarounds ASAP.
    Also I'll report back :)

Thank You.

13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Maybe thats why it's still ok for me on the GPAD because AC & ACC are on different HD..

Epistolarius likes this.
  14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Wait, ACC/UE4 finds and loads dlls from a completely different folder (AC)?
    That sounds horribly wrong. Or did I misunderstand this?

15. Same here but it doesn't work.

It seems UE4 is a little b*tch o_O

Coanda likes this.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Side comment. RHM stopped working for me when I upgraded to windows 10. I posted in the official thread a while back however no response by the developer. Anyway I am 100% on ACC thesedays.

After_Midnight likes this.
  17. ...and again: same here :p

Coanda likes this.
  18. Aristotelis

Nope. UE4 searches the registry to check if trackIR is installed (like all programs do). Now in the registry, trackIR or any other program that uses the same .dll's have created entries, they do so with the dedicated path to those dll's.
    So UE4 starts, looks at the registry, takes the path, finds the .dll's, loads aaaaand... you can't look left/right anymore :D
    We'll fix it :)

19. 72,3 MB for just an icon? Of course ;)

I've tried your workaround #1 aaaaand... I can look left/right. Also LWW is back :) It just works. Thank you very much :)

20. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I have RHM installed, where is the plugin folder likely to be?