1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

agreed..

2. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

And we should stop thinking about pink elephant too. :)

3. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

I would bet these cars have something happening in the aero that acts somewhat like the FIN we have in AC.

IMO it's clear the real cars are very pointy at high speed but at the same time have a much better support once you lean on them.

4. @Minolin and team.. congrats on your very successful weekend, your write up was quite enjoyable to read.

I could almost feel the moments of last minute adrenalin fuelled developer coding :) Very much looking forward to your agile release cycle. In totality - from the SRO presentation, to the queue of fans to what we see on the videos, well done.

25 year old me would have been sending my resume to Kunos right now :) Looks like an awesome place to be in right now; kick a-- engine, lots of excitement, partnership with a massive motorsport organisation, real data to work with and pushing limits.

I would suggest this would be a great feature to have in the full release. For those of us that have our friends over to get competitive on the sim rigs, beats the whiteboard in the garage.

5. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

It's strange how often I get asked about it. Ideas are ready, but sadly this would become quite complicated to do, especially when considering cheaters or at least people who want to reset their (safety) rating frequently.. You'd need a double-check with steam authetication and even then it's like an invitation. Please don't expect anything here, most probable scenario is just to turn off the online services so your profile isn't touched while somebody else is using your simulator. I do see the sense, but looking at the priority list anything except "probably not" wouldn't be a fair response.

Event/competition mode may remain something internal that we don't ever develop to a public release state.

6. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I am very happy with the release roadmap. All very well planned and looks like under control ( as usual).

Over all from my knowledge I consider AC one of the best programmed PC software, never had 1 single issue.

The connection between simracing / real Racing during the event was a never seen before, if I am not wrong.

It's going to be a 6 months no stop hip.
    I think the final product will be a revolution at the simracing scene.

Just notice the lack of information about dinamic weather / track condition at the planned monthly releases.

Congratulations to Kunos and all involved.

7. Hi,

I can't find informations about PC's Specifications (AK Informatica) used for the Spa event, someone know that ?

8. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

From the italian video, it's a I7 8086 + GTX 1080ti. If i've not jump nothing, there wasn't other info about the pc specs.

Olivier Boissel likes this.
  9. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the writeup and posting the vids and pictures from the event @Minolin.
    I love the enthusiastic approach, and how you guys are tightly connected to SRO and the real drivers, have them drive ACC, talk to them, using their feedback.
    Just amazingly impressive all around.
    Getting more and more excited for early access and most eager to get myself behind the wheel of it.

sissydriver likes this.
  10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

100% d'accord - impressing and very readable - thank you a lot!

11. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

Only the fastest single-threaded processor in the market. I hope this choice was just "AK informatica" trying to impress Kunos team and not a particular team demand.

12. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

they must show their new game to the public, which computer should they use? An i3 + amd 460?

13. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I'm pretty sure what he means is: he hopes you don't actually need a CPU with that much single core performance to run the game. It isn't that difficult to interpret.

After_Midnight likes this.
  14. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

When I worked on GTR2 development team 12 years ago, the sim was available at one of the races and drivers tried it. Henrik Roos, Simbin CEO was of course an FIA GT driver. However, I'm sure the level of feedback these days is much deeper. For one thing, I would guess these days racing drivers are much more familiar with driving in a sim, while back in 2006 that probably wasn't the case.

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You paid a full series license, and not a single team, not a single driver whom profited from it, stood to your assistance?

16. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

seriously… lol.
    Is someone really believe to this?

isn't difficult to interpret that pc specs for now are useless.

They was using I7 8086. Wow…

and so? what does it means? Exept the need of Kunos to show the best possible showcase for a worldwide presentation of a new game?

17. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Kunos used one of the fastest processors in the market to showcase their game, and the guy just said, I don't know if joking or genuinely worried, that he hopes it was overkill, rather than needing that kind of performance to actually run the game, all of which you were seemingly unable to understand. I really don't know what your point is and I honestly don't care.

esox71 likes this.
  18. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I hope one of the demos will be VR :)
    Last race is Barcelona at the end of September which could probably run the October EA VR patch.

19. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

The only one who is unable to understand that pc spec are totally useless right now are you, that are continuing to talk about something noone know.

Maybe you dont' know very well the videogame market, because to use a skyrocket pc for a preview demonstration of every new game is the rule everywhere.
    Yes. The same was for all the others videogames that have been presented at E3 2 month ago, the same will be for all other games that will be presented in the future.

It means nothing.
    It's useless talk about pc specs when even Kunos haven't declared the minimum requirements.

That said, if someone still believe that a I7 8086 will be the average to run ac... ok, continue with this.
    Ther's only the little detail that the game at the end must be sold, and perhaps not all the pc gamers out there has the last I7 inside thir case.

Bye

sissydriver likes this.
  20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

But will my future 9900K overclocked to 6Ghz run it on medium? Will it? Will it? WILL IT?