1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yeah got it. I'll refrain from posting anything that isn't 100% on topic apparently to avoid blowing this thread up, whatever. Tumbleweed it is, for now.

2. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Yes it is rising indeed. However, lack of VR support till mid-October makes me wonder if I will be able to confront the hype

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  3. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

But they said AC is all about physics?!

4. myimac

myimac Alien

Just for the record... with ACC supporting multiple light sources all this talk about the speed of light is still on topic.

Now the real question.

If all the lights are off and you crash on spa does it mean you really crashed if nobody saw it?

Pulley, gandlers and liakjim like this.
  5. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Get over it people, VR is just a fad and will soon be forgotten. My ViVE is collecting dust and I'm not about to plug it in again. An ultra wide or triple-screen monitor setup is the way to go.

esox71 and chksix like this.
  6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Here fishy fishy fishy...

Full_Ninja, fbiehne, Echo_ and 5 others like this.
  7. cpcdem

cpcdem Rookie

As I am sure you already know, you have both crashed and haven't! Or, according to another train of thought, you have crashed in one universe and haven't in another. Not to mention other ones with cases in between, where you have just lost the wing, or only damaged your windshield (btw, to be back on topic, will ACC display such damage? In all universes that it's played on?) etc etc :)

myimac and mms like this.
  8. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

Or,
    would you also have crashed if somebody had been watching??

Rudski likes this.
  9. Schrödingers GT3 :confused:

10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

made my day :p:):cool:

After_Midnight likes this.
  11. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I'll say 5pm EST is when it will drop, what do you guys think?:p

D.Jankovic likes this.
  12. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

You realise you are contradicting yourself (in another universe).

Oh and ACC is already out and I have the world record on all tracks with all cars. Just thought I'd mention it :)

cpcdem likes this.
  13. cpcdem

cpcdem Rookie

I like to believe I have a WR myself as well in another one! But I'm sure I love hot lapping in all universes, so I am very glad ACC has built-in leaderboards, from what I read at least. Ah, sorry for the small shameless offtopic plug :)

14. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Funny, mine is collecting dust too... and frankly is a bit of a deterrent to playing because it's the only thing hooked up on my rig atm and it's just frustrating to deal with (and I'm lazy). But I do also have triplets I just absorbed into my work station, and its way too much a hassle to change back... But I don't believe for a second VR is going to die. It just needs a few more revisions and the hardware to power it. We're almost there but costs are harder to overcome for the consumers.

But I do find myself every couple of days looking at Ultra Wide panels and do want one... I miss how nice sims can look, VR teleports me back to the late 90's... probably because I used VR back then too... when it was 420x420 screens in the lenses... and it just doesn't have the "wow" factor others who've never used VR before get.

NOTE: Just came across my desk this AM. Sony has sold more than 3 million headsets... Crazy! https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08/16/celebrating-3-million-ps-vr-systems-sold/

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    LeDude83 and Patrik like this.
  15. esox71

esox71 Alien

Half of they headsets are on gumtree :D

16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I still use my Rift for Sim-racing almost daily and I started out early with a DK2. It's still the most immersive way to play imo, especially when you add tactile and/or motion to the mix but, I still use triples for titles that don't have VR-support. I tend to use a single monitor for tuning / testing (use other displays for apps) but, I still like VR for racing. Of course, I hope new VR developments are just around the corner too but, I'll keep using it either way.

17. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

For myself the challenge is not the image quality, but rather the discomfort of wearing the VR headset for long periods. I've had the CV1 for a year now, and am generally ok with the 5 or 7 lap races on open servers, as I take a breaks in between.

But I recently joined a local sim racing league where all races are of 90mins duration. Started practicing for the longer races, but I find myself tiring out after about 45 to 60 mins.

I love the immersion of VR, though I never had triples, and don't want to consider a monitor again. But the fatigue factor is starting to influence the types of events I can participate in.

Really hoping the next gen also addresses the comfort factor.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Do you not think it’s because the immersion makes you work harder and brings the experience closer to reality? Do you think you could do a 45-60 minute race in real life? Fatigue is a factor for me in longer races but it has nothing to do with any discomfort from the rift, actually forget it’s there after a while

luxxx797 likes this.
  19. Rudski

Rudski Alien

The only problem with my CV1 is heat build, during long races I find it easier to use a fan and aim it at the rift to cool the thing down.
    Apart from that it just comes down to physical fitness.

20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Fatigue can come from various causes; eye-strain / headband too tight / heat build, etc. The CV1 is so much better than the DK2 fit comfort wise so, it's not bad so long as the head-strap isn't restricting blood flow (can cause me a headache). Other than that, a couple of hours or so is no problem at all. Still, having a "one-size fits all" approach certainly can't accommodate everyone's anatomy.

I'm probably more likely to fatigue from the steering and motion aspects than the VR-use; or being just plain tired because I race before bed-time to unwind from the day and forget about work. :)

jaxx_za likes this.