1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa || mclaren mp4-12c gt3 hotlap around nürburgring 1.55.550

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by PashalisGergis, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Seriously now? When you are 2-3 secs slower than someone else it's not the setup McStinger. I'm not trying to pretend anybody but c'mon.

I will try to help you though... The best conditions (even if I didn't use them in the vid) for hotlaps are 22c temp and 14:30 time. Try that. Also always use tire degradation to normal as fuel usage too. I heard some people (including me) having hard time getting tires up to temp with tire degradation off.

2. McStinger

McStinger Racer

no fear mate! In order to avoid any missunderstanding pls read my last post:
    "and no doubt = many thx to Pashalis to share this setup"

I was just struggeling with the indeed huge 2,7 sec difference I did, ok.

Checked all my settings as well again = always used:

Tyre wear = 1
    Fuel Consumption = On
    Time as well temp like you said 22c and 14:30
    All assists = Off

And yes, on Nürburgring especially the front tyres temps are never where I want to get them...
    and if you lower the psi till u get eg 90° on soft or 80° on med into the tyres, car/tyres becomes instabel, so no solution.

So know I see = the result seems to be: as a driver I am far below than expected :confused:
    And: guys like you are definitely much better simracer than I am, no doubt about that -
    at least I was surprised by the huge diff in time, as you mentioned it yourself, thought it would be maybe close to a second
    (which is still "a world" in terms of racing, isnt it!?)

But ok, I have to respect this, so I will try to learn and to improve my skills = to become a better sim driver :rolleyes:

Once again: thy for sharing our setup with us Pashalis!

PashalisGergis likes this.
  3. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for sharing the setup

4. Blame

Blame Alien

What really bothers me is how in the hell do you have so much grip in corners, you're doing atleast 10km/h faster in every corner and those braking lines? I would be off to the grass if I would use those :S

5. GTOfire

GTOfire Hardcore Simmer

I managed a 1:57.8 when my previous best was a 1;58.7. I don't actually remember unfortunately whether I did that with this setup (I think I did) or with the one I already had (which was from racedepartment from a post that had a time similar to yours and the setup feels very similar too).
    In either case it was in fact the video that helped me more than anything. Seeing your brake points and lines made me gain that time and with my current skill level I reckon a bit more practice would get me low 57s. Breaking into 56 isn't going to happen until I get a lot better at trail braking and balancing the car on the very edge :p

esox71 likes this.
  6. Alvin1989NG

Alvin1989NG Rookie

would u mind PM the set up please?? amazing driving!!

7. Frogpaw

Frogpaw Gamer

Stunning driving !!!
    Could you please PM me your setup please ? Many thanks.

8. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Huii, good lap, mate and a really well fitting setup for your driving, seems you have been doing this for some time at least ^^

9. Dani2070

Dani2070 Gamer

It would be very nice if you can PM me your setup? Awesome driving by the way :D