1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa press event live blog

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by C3PO, Sep 27, 2014.

1. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I've got something against people who are complete rejects and can't be happy with something that will be implemented no matter how hard it is to create such thing.
    Think about this: Why would they even implement Carbon body work that shatters on impact. it makes no sense.
    First of all: People will not go race to just crash;
    Second: it's damn hard to make a part of a car shatter and keep other parts on the car. Be glad that there is quite a nice damage model coming to AC instead of wanting more more more more more... srsly.
    People just can't be happy with something that looks good these days, they simply want more and more and more no matter how hard or impossible it is to create.

And yeah, AC is a simulator, but I think you forgot what kind of simulator it is.
    It's a effin' RACING (read: DRIVING) Simulator, not a ****** Crashing simulator.

Excuse me for my language but I'm simply fed up with people who don't get it...

2. So is PhenOm the new me? LOL

3. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Oh god, I've turned to the Dark side :D
    No seriously though, it's just frustrating to see people wanting more and more and more and more when stuff isn't easy to implement.
    Getting a 100% accurate damage model simply isn't something which they should strive to. I'd like to see amazing physics, ffb, content, ... rather than some damage which might happen during a race. You're too focused on driving to even notice such stuff.
    I actually feel sorry for the developers that they have to deal with that every single day. Must be driving them mad..

mangal, nivadepi, McNappa and 7 others like this.
  4. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Agree. I don't think people quite appreciate that this is supposed to be *realistic*. I still think its ridiculous that if you crash heavily in a race, you can just exit out and restart the race. Frankly, the car should be taken out of your garage and if you want it back, you have to rebuy the game.

5. Pingus

Pingus Simracer

Hardcore mode : crash your car, get your cd key revoked.

Gnaal, BRACHIFER and poet like this.
  6. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Great, I can't wait to try public servers online @ Monza :D:D:D

7. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Nah, some people just want to have simulated everything = new DLC for The Sims combined with other simulators.
    How did you get on track? Did you or someone delivered your car on the track in the first place? Where do you store them while not driving them? Are they safe there? Do you have a racing driver license and/or FIA Super License?
    Casual mode: crash your car 5 times in a row, get your AC key switched for a Next Car Game or BeamNG key.

8. kro

kro Simracer

So with all this awesomeness spreading like wildfire has anyone herd of any updates to the net code for v1.0? I feel what we have now is pretty close but still needs some fine tuneing , the door to door stuff is still jumpy ... was ther any talk of MP at the press realese besides the news on pit stops ? Witch is great news !

9. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Wouldn't it be too heavy to have real world crashing physics at the same time we have real world driving physics? So maybe for now they need to choose priorities and go for common-sense crashing physics, in a way stage what would happen if a certain part of the car touches the world in a certain way. We can't forget they also created mechanical damage which connects to the way we drive the cars.

10. GhettoRice

GhettoRice Racer

Just wondering what update rate you have been running for servers then, with 5 of my friends and me in a server at 100hz update door to door is as smooth as single player with AI, although I haven't done much testing with larger field so that might suffer more depending on your connection.

And I didn't hear much related to mp aside from the pit stop news.

11. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

No worries! You are not the only one swearing at these beautiful and awesome images!
    :)

rzr1 likes this.
  12. I wish I could use language like that (because I am that excited too) but if I did my 'fan club' would hit the report button so quick and so often Luca's phone would explode!

Fear, softgrip, nivadepi and 4 others like this.
  13. kro

kro Simracer

Ok thx for the reply , I see it on every server , we have been using HZ@10 and also @15 it all seems smooth for the most part with either setting but when 2 to 3 cars get together for close racing it has that update skipping thing going on , these are league races with 12+ drivers on a large bandwidth server , we host lots of other platforms over at race2play and the servers are top notch ... In comparison to the other sims AC is the one with the not so good update issues .. I don't want to derail this thread any farther so maybe start a new thread in the MP room ! Loving AC and want to see it succeed in our league but I feel it needs a few tweaks in the MP department to get to that sweet spot !

14. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

I've whined in the past, but I've changed too, I'm just waiting now and happy. So many changes coming it will make my head spin. I'm just waiting until v1.0, and if at that stage there is something I consider huge missing for example; flags then I'll say something only then if there is no timetable for implementation. In fact I don't need visual damage or animated pit-stops, massive icing on the cake there will be. Fracturing carbon fiber? Not a priority here!

They already know what we want. Tire graining, blistering, flat-spotting and punctures with already implemented engine damage gives me enough information that things are seriously going to satisfy my need for real.

Still I don't see the point is slamming others who are asking for features. Most people are not programmers and have no clue how easy or difficult something is to implement, and surely this kind of nonsense it just bread and butter for game developers.

15. From what I hear flags will be implemented some time AFTER v1.0........Hopefully I am wrong but I would suggest to be happy with what we have, look forward to what we know we are getting, and know that the devs want the same things we do but for whatever reason some things take alot more time to implement than others.

16. kro

kro Simracer

Well if we are getting pit stops and damage you would think we will be getting some yellow flags as well ? .. Not going to hold my breath but I'm hopeful! :rolleyes:

17. Tophercheese

Tophercheese Simracer

Personally the biggest thing I can't wait for is the new tyre physics, with Flatspotting, blistering, graining and punctures, it's going to change the racing dramatically.

Oh and Spa :D

I don't think I'm allowed to say, all I can say is just trust in Kunos that the content coming for 1.0 and beyond is FANTASTIC.
    #WettingMyself

18. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

^ Yup.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  19. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

So, the remarks made by you two guys make me think that there will be a lot more coming (with and after 1.0) than we expected? :p

20. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Well then, this is the longest weekend of all. At least for the upcoming week news, because then we get a better idea when RC could come, hopefully we will know.