1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa press event live blog

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by C3PO, Sep 27, 2014.

1. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

That's because you know nothing about the needs of REAL Sim Racers.
    Heck you even play with a "wheel". You can't truly play any sims until you switch to a Gamepad, and you're only really playing if it has rumble.
    It's part-time arcadey fanboy types like you who don't appreciate how vital splintering carbon is to the sim-racing experience who are turning this into some kind of simcade title with comments like that.

[sorry, couldn't resist ]

Backmarker, PhenOm, TCLF and 2 others like this.
  2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Backmarker likes this.
  3. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I'd like to see faces of those people who care so much about the most real sim, if Kunos would make a statement that 1.0 is postponed until "some time" in 2015 because they see they need to redo a lot of things and there will be no updates until then, so they can focus on delivering it.

4. Felice Pugliese

Felice Pugliese Hardcore Simmer

many are well aware here that I have never spared the criticism when I felt that something essential is missing in the game, now I've heard of carbon fiber that will not shatter, the speech is very simple, create grinds in 3d and render them to the tabs video involves a huge expenditure of performance, as already mentioned by Aris in a previous post if you have to make a compromise between graphics and speed will be always preferred the latter. We're talking about a change that only affects the aesthetic side and does not give anything extra to the simulation, such as the pit stop or flag instead, so I really think that now you're exaggerating. Many complain about the framerate, and then you want to fragmentation effects? Definitely would then ozinali and most of the players at the end would keep them off, let's talk about serious things please.

5. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

No no no! The truly hardcore drive with their keyboard, you see it's just cheating playing with a wheel or gamepad. Keep it real dude!

Backmarker likes this.
  6. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

I'd imagine they'd have to ship the game with a fire extinguisher for truly realistic carbon fibre damage , nevermind "CPU usage 95%" . Games that tend to do such things usually counteract that by cutting corners in other areas like a lot of motion blur (YUCK) or even slow motion etc . As for flags we can re-name every first turn "Black Friday" for now . Most accidents i see usually happen in the first corner under braking anyway so i'd imagine a flag for that would be of little help .

7. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

IMO no damage in fiberglass/carbonfiber body is better than if it becomes metal. Everyone can google how crashed Elise should look like.

Take a deep breath PhenOm. Your aggressive defense turns these conversations into something like virtualr comments. :D

8. Felice Pugliese

Felice Pugliese Hardcore Simmer

blue flags are the most important, even in the short races, because if a players remains stationary for a reason and then starts again and the lead group reaches it really creates confusion and you never get the safety of those you have in front of you or behind you, the yellow ones are also important because they warn you first if there is an accident ahead, and in that case it is forbidden to overtake, in fact, many are taking advantage of these situations to go forward at all, generlmente still creating new incidents and so on loop ...

9. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Agreed, many people only think about the first corner and they stop the thinking there, saying flags system (or even possibly penalty system) are not needed because the first corner is always gonna be crash test dummy.
    In fact, the more people will be exposed to a flag system, the more chances are people will respect them. Right now they only have a scarce idea of what to do. The more people will be exposed to a more realistic flag and penalty system, more racing educated drivers we can meet online. Don't forget it helps in organized races, AC multiplayer is not only open servers.

Luigi Gianni Vollaro likes this.
  10. Champion Hero

Champion Hero Simracer

Definitely!1 Although I usually end up in the barrier! Excellent recovery to be fair!

11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I think that the video of la ferrari at spa was under valuing for the content, specially the music not appropriate for the video movement. So I edited a video with better quality and a nicer song, in sync with the replay of the la ferrari. (the song may be blocked in some countries, uploading to vimeo is still in process, but takes too long compared to youtube).

12. rycil

rycil Simracer

Are the shadows better in the v1?

13. Champion Hero

Champion Hero Simracer

I really hope they add in some ambient occlusion and some tessellation, and the damage could look stunning!

The tracks would certainly benefit from those two features too...

14. Angelo

Angelo Racer

Regarding pits, does someone know if will it be possible to change, as well as repair car damages, some setup parameters like tyre type/pressure, aerodynamics and so on?

15. Bailey

Bailey Alien

According to the video clip we do know that we will be able to change all 4 tires at once :p
    ~Bailey

16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

In real life most damage repairs are beyond the scope of an in race repair.

Joao Alves likes this.
  17. murderous972

murderous972 Racer

Hi guys,

A video of the F458 GT2 :

Backmarker and Joao Alves like this.
  18. KingPin

KingPin Racer

There is a blue flag app out now...

tabis likes this.
  19. Talpa

Talpa Simracer

does anybody know if with the new tire model, we will get the dynamic rubber lines on the track?
    you know what i mean, i don't remember the exact english name right now xD

20. plaid

plaid Alien

As far as I remember the position of the rubber remains the same and builds up with time/amount of cars (?).
    While maybe in the future they will be dynamic, while not soon. Who knows.