1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa press event live blog

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by C3PO, Sep 27, 2014.

1. g4b1bb097

g4b1bb097 Hardcore Simmer

So as far as I saw from the liveblog I am really looking forward to the next version, right now the game is really enjoyable but with all that additions the game will look completely different :D

Nasos Charalampou likes this.
  2. Nope. As you have seen previously from these forums, the progress of the development has been painfully slow, Kunos has nothing ready, 1.0 comes september 2018, it has no pitstops, netcode is terrible, it has only road cars, etc...

There is absolutely no reason to wait for the next update.

Ofcourse I was kidding...

Auranapse, Deatroy, yusupov and 2 others like this.
  3. plaid

plaid Alien

If you complain long enough you get pit stops. :D

Seriously, while maybe not for 1.0, they were planed them anyway, if not the detailed tiredamage would probably not have been developed either. Seems logical for me, at least.
    Anyway, Im happy about that, while even more so about new sound. RRRE made me kinda jelaous regarding that and for many sound is important to getting really immersed/excited.

Yupp. Was mentioned multilpe times and there was no info about a discount for updates/DLC's with the purchase of the early access.

I hope for improvements of sounds especially in the car. So I got a few questions, if you like and can answer them:
    -Is there reverb in the cockpit, so a better impression, that the sounds from the car come from their usual place and there is resonance in the cockpit?
    -do the sounds/samples got a clearer sound?
    -are the lower frequencies maybe a bit meatier?
    -is the dynamic range of the sound improved?

4. Turk

Turk Alien

I was expecting some form of pitstop but not animated.

Someone said they still hadn't nailed down what the single player game would be, that had me thinking the release is still some time off. Embargos could be in place for a long time.

5. Snjper

Snjper Hardcore Simmer

Regarding the sounds.... once the new engine is added / released (FMOD) - It doesn't matter what Kunos does.. we can make our own, unlike R3E..
    I'm sure KS will release much better samples though so I wouldn't worry..

6. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Patience is a virtue.

7. plaid

plaid Alien

Yes, sure, thanks for the reminder, while I trust that the standard sounds probably will be good.
    Primary things is the impression of being in an environment, where the sounds come from a distance and are influenced by things between them and me and this slight reverb in the cockpit (talking about racingcars here, in streetcars that usually will be avoided). Thief 1+2 are pretty old, but the sound still convince me of being in a real environment + the soundtracks.

Anyway, Im really excited. With pits and good sound and Spa and Nords, AC will be a full package for me, without much else to desire.

8. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

Indeed, I mention that earlier as well. Embargo is usually just before release. Kunos may be doing something different. It would seem as tho they have two paths decided upon for career, maybe we should all start a voting thread to help :rolleyes:

Who knows if these career directions are built or not.

TheBestBeast likes this.
  9. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

I believe they will do that :) Let's wait and see ;)

A.r.e.s. likes this.
  10. Turk

Turk Alien

..You won't find in here..:p

Maybe the component parts are there it's just how do they arrange them into a single player game.. Very excited for release now, hoping it's sooner rather than later.

Joao Alves, poet and A.r.e.s. like this.
  11. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

AC only goes to 630pm in game so the driving will be over soon perhaps. Maybe more news incoming, has been a great morning so far, quite a bit of info dropped, even if gtr may not be laserscanned. Pits in MP should make for some really fun long races.

And patience is definitely a virtue I lack. MOAR INFO!!:p

Good to see the team confident in their product, especially after reworking some things and implementing new features.

CKraegel and TheBestBeast like this.
  12. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Great to hear about pit stops, so close to supporting full endurance racing!

Thanks for pictures and coverage.

Exciting times ahead I guess release is just around the corner.

TheBestBeast likes this.
  13. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

The bigger the bandwith, the more impatient one becomes :D

14. Tberg

Tberg Alien

You must be the luckiest A-hole on the planet, not even semi-jealous...

Snjper likes this.
  15. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

Fantastic news, at last :D !

16. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Is this event solely for press people and insiders??

Wish there was a chance for a simple soul like me to win a 'ticket' for such an event. Not that I'd ever win it, but just the thought alone would have felt a bit satisfied.

17. demerzel

demerzel Racer

So the event is over? And we don't have any idea when we going to get the release version of the game. Also we have no idea if we get any update before 1.0. :/

18. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

There's a party suggested after the event. We'll likely hear something either from someone there or kunos soon. Magazines and websites attending suggests they may have a date or estimate in mind. Its not concrete yet, but I'm sure release is close.

19. demerzel

demerzel Racer

I also thought that the release is close. But they still don't know how to do the career mode. If i understand correctly they have two possible solution for the career mode...

20. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

Close is a relative term. And you are correct from the info we have. It could very well be an attempt to garner community opinions about "grinding" in the career. I wouldn't mind unlocking cars or faster racing tiers, but I don't want to grind forever for one car in career.

CKraegel likes this.