1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa press event live blog

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by C3PO, Sep 27, 2014.

1. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

I thought there are just two ways of a career. Why does it have to be one?

Edit: overread the word "weighing"

2. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

On the other hand it might be a good solution to go with two career routes, easier and harder. So serious simracers and less serious can choose which route they want to follow. Just like it is with AC in general, you want to have some good simracing experience - turn all assists off, you like AC but don't fell confident enough - go with assists.

3. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

Now there's an idea.

4. 3igen

3igen Gamer

Could be that they have both options implemented and are testing them out with the beta testers?

Personally, release will get here when it gets here, I have plenty of tracks and cars to play around with as-is.

Horus and Cote Dazur like this.
  5. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Given that there are instructions on the board on how to make your own Special Events, I'm pretty sure whatever career mode they come up with will get modded too.

The way some take this all so seriously, I wouldn't be surprised to see some 1337 career Mod with all the AI set to mega-Alien and you have to win 1000 races at Magione with the Abarth just to afford the Step1 upgrade.

Someone will do it. (and half of you would play it too! :eek: )

Gnaal, Fear, ZioYuri78 and 2 others like this.
  6. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

I agree. It doesn't feel right when you're driving with a wheel and all assists off against people that use aids and gamepad. Nothing against anyone who uses aids or a pad, it's just that I'm also of the opinion these should be separated in career mode.

7. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

This possibility had completely escaped me. A modded career has infinitely awesome possibilities. What a good idea to leave the game so open for mods, no doubt that will help support it for the 5 year plan. Eventually kunos may not be producing content,but implementing more features for the community to play with resulting in some really fantastic racing experiences. Skyrim hasn't had official content in a while and its still a top played game daily on steam. Mods=longevity. Love it.

OzWookiee likes this.
  8. plaid

plaid Alien

Yeah. In Forza you had a career-tree with fixed orders of races, but you could pick specific events. Was pretty handy to skip things you don't like and replay your favorite events, while the options for a singleplayer-event were non-existent in this game.
    I usually skipped every race on Tsukuba and some other tracks. In AC Magione comes to my mind. :d

I didn't saw much potential in a career-mod, cause the rather small of amount of content, especially track and racecarwise (GT's aside) and not additional motivators like buy and tune cars, like in Forza/GT.
    But if modders can expand the career and include future DLC's cars and tracks and the modded content, the potential could be multiplied.
    That could make the game a better alternative for singleplayer-only-players.

nate likes this.
  9. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

It looks like you have a problem with simracers wanting to be competitive on a racing simulator. If that's the case, maybe you should go back to your Playstation or Nintendo, or just accept that fact that there are people wanting to compete in the most realistic way possible. To me that is one of the main reasons why someone would choose a simulator above an arcade game.

Felice Pugliese likes this.
  10. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

The end of an amazing day. Full write up tomorrow / Wednesday.

DSC_0905.JPG DSC_0898.JPG

rzr1, Nao, DaleManija and 14 others like this.
  11. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

And yours truly in the middle with the great Thomas from Fanatec and the top AC physics guru Aris.

DSC_0908.JPG

nivadepi, vladjak, rzr1 and 12 others like this.
  12. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

"Full" writeup? I wonder when the embargo will be lifted

13. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

He said wednesday, so either the embargo will still be there and some information about the game won't be writen, instead just a history of the event as a whole, or no embargo, full game info and prolly even an update release or DLC to pre purchase

14. demerzel

demerzel Racer

But what's the point of holding back the infos from a press event? :D
    I don't understand. What they want to achieve with this?
    (note: If they have to hold back infos tomorrow.)

15. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

No embargoed information will be revealed of course. Plenty to say and enjoy though still!

GTHQ_koop and A.r.e.s. like this.
  16. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Now I'm really curious on what you can't tell xd Dangit!!!
    Oh I simply hate you now because you know stuff we aren't allowed to know yet. :D
    Oh well, can't wait to read how everything went. :)

17. goldtop

goldtop Racer

Standard procedure with any product launch imo. Get the press in so they can write their columns but keeping it under wraps until a pre determined time/date to create maximum impact. My guess is announcement within 48 hours. And tomorrow is my birthday :)

18. demerzel

demerzel Racer

If you say so... :D

19. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

Kunos like Fridays best , that's the day i'm looking forward to :)

20. demerzel

demerzel Racer

I hope the dlc will be no more than 19.99(insert your currency here). :/