1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa TO DO suggested list

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aleserx, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Aleserx

Aleserx Rookie

Alright, we all know what is coming in the next AC update: improved tracks. Seriously? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's fine. Kunos is working very hard in the game and we can appreciate that. However, here's the problem.

I thought this was a sim, right? They said console development wouldn't affect PC version... ffs are you for real.
    HOW, listen Kunos, how can you focus on remaping tracks when you can enter the pits without consequences. How can you waste your time by making the doors open when you get into the car while you can't jump the start of a race. How can you implement glowing brakes while it's not possible to do a race by length of time.
    Yes Kunos, all those things like glowing brakes or remaps give a nice touch to the game. BUT you can't do that when there is some BASIC stuff needed. I mean, even in Project Craps you can jump the start!!! You can easily find iRacing people laughing when they see Assetto streamings of organized championships because if we want to do a rolling start the safety car has to pass all the cars on the start to do the warm up lap (just an example).
    And they just said that console development wouldn't affect PC one? Really. Kunos, we just want to race. While you are racing you can't see glowing brakes or a beautiful scenarios, you just look at the track. It (seems?) you are making the game look better so more people will buy te game on console. And what about us?

I've done a To Do list. I'd appreciate that you take these suggestions as something that can help to improve the game. Most things are probably easy to do, and they are extremely necessary. (Really, they are).
    • Pit lane speed limiter button
    • Pit lane speed penalties
    • Practice/qualy pit stops (offline as well)
    • App to set the pit stop
    • Jumped starts (also be able to start on 1st gear)
    • Be able to do a favourite server list
    • Stroke length by time
    • Rolling starts
    • Steam workshop
    You can see I'm not asking for things like dynamic tracks or online system, as I said just basic stuff. (I've read something about offline pits in the next update).

Once all these things are made, here's another list. This may be a bit more complicated to do, but still necessary:
    • Improve general penalties (example: Spa, slow down to 35kmh in the last chicane when you have cut Eau Rouge. Something is wrong there).
    • Driver change in endurance races
    • Voice chat
    • Realistic damage
    • Replays in-game (online)
    • Improved tools for broadcast (change between drivers/cameras more easily)
    • Configure a server with different cars but without car slots, so everybody can pick the same car
    I think I'm not only talking about myself, but I'd prefer half the things above to be in the next update that best looking tracks.
    And finally, when all these stuff is done (but we need last things done before):
    • Online system
    • Glowing lights
    • Dirty windscreen
    • Dynamic track
    • Day/Night cycle (at least night time)
    • Rain
    (Online system is a basic thing as well but since Kunos didn't say anything about it -here- I consider two first lists more possible to be made).
    If you have more suggestions I'll edit the post.
    And once again. Assetto is a great sim, Kunos is doing a very good job. But I can't understand why they focus on some things while there's such a list of essential features that need to be done. Hope this post is helpful for developers.

Thanks for reading.

ac.png

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024

3. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Nice and innovative. I bet they aren't aware of what we would like to see.

4. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I don't want to bash or oppose to your thread, but I'm just going to focus one thing I think you're mistaken. The person who creates and designs the tracks isn't the person who programs the game software or creates cars. So is not correct for you to bash on AC's track maker when his job is to create content (in this case for v1.5, track graphics upgrades) and has no business with gameplay or game features.

5. Horus

Horus Alien

Have I missed something, these ideas are amazing! Why has nobody ever thought about them before... oh! wait they have many many times before. Seriously, how many times will these threads be created, is the search feature broken. I think Kunos know how to make a game and what features are needed and will be used. Your ideas are fine, but please do you really think you know more about making a racing game in comparison to those that have made several over the past two decades.

Anyhooo, good luck with your requests.

liakjim, LeDude83 and Seria17hri11er like this.
  6. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

We will think on most of those things for the next game; currently it's not possible cause the limits of engines and the tiny number of workers (currently we're still working more than 60 hours each week).

Once and for all: Kunos WANT to implement most of those features, but actually we CAN'T.

7. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

I can suggest you give jobs to some of the great modders here. I`m betting some would be willing to help part-time for free or not very much. There`s probably some politics I`m not aware of (or interested in, to be honest), but worth a shot ;)

NightEye likes this.
  8. Aleserx

Aleserx Rookie

@Horus The developers of PCars also knew how to do a game. They said that they were going to do the best sim ever made. There you have.

I've no words. So you can't implement speed limiter because of the engine but when you get into the car the door opens.
    Also you say you are working a lot of hours (which I believe is true) but "console development doesn't affect PC one". Alright.
    PD: can't believe you are actually thinking in a new game.

You can close this post now. Nothing to do here, sadly.

Kalamede likes this.
  9. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Well already some of them are doing some work for KS. Pankykapus, the_meco, URD.
    Great misinterpretation. I think you can send your application to that sim drama news site.

10. 6S.Manu

Sorry but you don't know what you're talking about. Really you don't.

"Console development doesn't affect PC one", yeah you're right: in fact we're improving a lot of stuff also on PC just because we want it fully working on console.
    And yes, Quffy is right: the graphic artists are working on new stuff for PC (and Console). There is nothing they can do to improve the game's features.

You don't believe we can do another game? If you want rain and day/night we have to completely change engines: this means that practically it's a "new game". No idea if it will be an update of AC or simply an AC 2.0. I'm not the one who plan stuff like that.

Anyway: thanks for the ToDo list. As said before, we're going to keep it in mind. ;)

11. 6S.Manu

@V8_KB is right. There're many good modders out there. Still we have no issues on content.

Modders can't do anything for the stuff listed in our's friend's post.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  12. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

[​IMG]

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  13. Tberg

Tberg Alien

14. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

They either love you or they hate you. Nothing in between. :confused:

Kalamede likes this.
  15. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

Great ideas, but it's a shame that some posters don't take it seriously and speak like bribed fanboys, it's good that people realises how much serious players need this

coret3x likes this.
  16. Red Time

Red Time Rookie

Big fan of AC since early access, think you guys are doing a great job and, no doubt, a lot of the ideas offered would already be on your list of things to do - if possible.
    But rather than spend time on little fish I think the big one that needs some love is FFB. RFactor 2 has AC covered in this regard. IMHO it is the one factor that prevents AC from being clearly the number one road racing car racing sim at the moment.

17. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Assetto Corsa:
    Owners: 303,354 ± 12,782
    Players in the last 2 weeks: 50,323 ± 5,208
    Players total: 292,752 ± 12,557

rFactor 2:
    Owners: 13,146 ± 2,662
    Players in the last 2 weeks: 3,110 ± 1,294
    Players total: 11,733 ± 2,515

Just facts, which one is clearly the number one? If you rather play rF2, go ahead.
    I respect the people that praise and find joy in rF2, I indeed tried, but failed. Something in AC was right, and for many of us that was among others the ffb, and for the same many of us AC is the #1 sim. Call us fanboys, sure we are ;)

I find it odd that some still hasn´t/can´t accept what KS has stated about features and possibilities with the current engine.

18. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

I doubt a lot of rF2 players have added the game to Steam. If you had the retail version you have to request a steam key and then lose access to the retail version. It seemed like too much of a hassle to reinstall everything including mods so I've just stuck with retail for now. AC still probably has a lot more players, but there are definitely a lot of things that rF2 does better than AC and vice versa.

19. rofl

Win.

20. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Actually I believe Stefano said that some of what is in the first post could be achieved with server plugins. Obviously that would only work for online play etc.

21. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Won't even bother commenting on the quality of this thread :D

I just know that if Kunos found a way to have someone implement these things I'd be happy to pay a full title's price for it.

It's gonna happen some day...the player base has become huge (just display password and booking servers to get an idea), MR is a great success and the physics/ffb is the best out there currently.

Seria17hri11er, Powderking and Horus like this.