1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa TO DO suggested list

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aleserx, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Horus

Horus Alien

Until AC 2.0? :D

LeDude83 likes this.
  2. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I think the physics engine will just be scaled and slightly improved in little steps all the time. It was tailored for current systems afaik and there are certainly lots of dials to be turned to 11 before something scratch-made makes sense the next time ;-)
    So AC 2 will likely be based on the same engine IMO.

3. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

As long as it has day/night and full weather, it can be on the Quake engine for all I care :)

Horus likes this.
  4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

^^yep that would be the next logical step IMO while sticking with the great phsx engine.

Horus likes this.
  5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Really? That game exists, you know which ;-)

6. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I would guess that AC2 is probably already in the early planning stages. I would again guess that we might see a sequel in 2018 or 2019. It wouldn't make any sense to do it sooner as AC1 isn't even out yet on consoles.

Horus likes this.
  7. Horus

Horus Alien

Let the guys have a holiday before starting the next intrepid enterprise! Stop with all the horse whipping already, and what's wrong with starting 2017! LOL :p

Seria17hri11er and LeDude83 like this.
  8. Kunos will definitely surprise us with some new features/apps (imo) they need time, I bet their features list/to do list is bigger than OP.
    Some will never be in AC 1.x (they are tired to say so)

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

No no. A fanboy is something stupid and nothing you want to call yourself. Most fanboys doesnt even realize that they actually are fanboys. Someone who is dedicated to a game and like it is a good thing.
    There is only a couple of real fanboys here on the forum but there is a lot of people that 'only' like the game and are enjoying it a lot but still can see how some things could improve it even further. A fanboy doesnt have that insight.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  10. Protoduct

Protoduct Hardcore Simmer

Rain, night, realistic pit stops and online spectators won't happen for sure.

I am sorry but I can't believe that the engine is the limiting factor for not having:
    - a pit limiter button
    - false starts
    - rolling starts

Not that I complain about it (I have access to other sims), but this seems a weird excuse.

Aleserx likes this.
  11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Those three have to do with developing penalty systems and guidelines. Is not creating just those features, but a whole system for situations that may happen with drivers not respecting the procedures, etc. Even that maybe is not that difficult, but it comes down to a game design choice where, in my opinion, they don't want to bother or clutter the users with difficulties.
    But doesn't mean those features couldn't be made for servers or private leagues who want to run those race options.
    So I guess if there's something more important for the devs to do, they'll prioritize it over those. I don't know what's the situation now, but that answer comes from last year dev's youtube streams. Currently they are working a lot on console-pc update. I suppose they'll have more free time after some time passed since the console launch.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  12. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Racer

ok
    but what kunos will add from the list on the top, to the game?

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

As many times as people notice that the game lacks features that competing simulators have and wish for features any simulators had, above all their favourite simulator Assetto Corsa. It's just the nature of the beast. Also, the search function isn't perfect, not with this forum software, not with any other.

I think the thread wasn't all that bad though a fair bit aggressive, which really isn't needed. At the same time people acting like fanboys and bashing people asking for these things should just stop and let Kunos handle this themselves, I'm fairly certain they are perfectly capable of doing that. We can all act like adults and have a normal conversation without sarcastic snarky remarks and all that negativity, that applies to both sides. Both sides have good arguments and both sides fail to act appropriately with Kunos having to intervene and close thread after thread instead of the community here being welcoming, explaining things and just have a constructive discussion.

Just keep in mind that people who voice critique likely care about the game as much as you do.

14. Horus

Horus Alien

15. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

"Send... more... paramedics..."

Horus likes this.