1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa v1.5 Dev Diary - Part 3/3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zaratul, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Sounds will probably break for mods that use Kunos files. For other stuff it's just going to be missing whatever new features. Which is why "tire model v7" is sorta misleading - all cars are using essentially the same tire model, but ones with v7 have access to parameters that v4/5/6 cars can't change. If the default value works then the update would consist of changing the version= line and calling it a day.

2. [LYN] Cheesenium

[LYN] Cheesenium Hardcore Simmer

Sounds are alright, as it is possible to DIY it myself with the new sound bank and existing car sounds.

I am more concern about the new v3 aero files that might make the current mod files incompatible with the new version and crash the game loading a mod car.

Still, it is definitely nice to see the aero files improvements.

3. More modern formula cars, please

Swam-e and Arbuzzz like this.
  4. Stereo

Stereo Alien

It's certainly possible (eg. if a mod has the wrong version number, although really that should have made it not work in AC 1.4 so maybe not) but the point of making it v3 files is to make it backward compatible. Other than the few mentioned cars the stock content's going to be on v2.

In the past, incompatibility has never happened because of version updates. It only happens when they change the specs of the existing version - for example, when they made v2 aero get checked more strictly, mods that had unused data became incompatible.

It's a lot more common for audio to be a problem cause of how FMOD works, just goes to show that most of AC is designed for modding but that one third party library is not.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    ears1991 and [LYN] Cheesenium like this.
  5. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

Transmission sounds can be turned up is very nice.
    Great changelog. Don't know what half of it means but still great.:D

6. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

That's IF there's an AC 2.0...honestly, it is a little more than insulting, no matter how amiable Stefano's being, to bring up anything related to 2.0 when we're getting a massive update in a matter of hours.

7. SkaM

SkaM Rookie

RX7??? Seriously??? I LOVE YOU!!!!

esox71 and Quffy like this.
  8. Mods will be fine. Maybe the crappy mods whose version of a 'sound fix' is reverting back to 1.2 sounds or whatever, those might need work....but legit mods should be okay.

9. Naondave

Naondave Racer

This sounds great. Thank you Kunos.

I'm a single player guy so I need the ability to create championships. Please make it happen! So many options then.

Swam-e likes this.
  10. esox71

esox71 Alien

No no no no........Changed PC case n it won't post......no no no no!!
    Not today!! Haf X

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

longshot but you didnt forget the motherboard spacers? (i dont really know the english word for these).

F430_458_F12 and esox71 like this.
  12. esox71

esox71 Alien

Good shot though, It might be shorting, I will get to the bottom of it, sorry for the OT.:)
    Spacers=Stand offs.

13. Looking very promising, especially the physics/tyre updates.

Looking forward to seeing if I can keep decent temperatures in street cars when driving at normal temps (usually 15 degs).

rafikens1000 and esox71 like this.
  14. esox71

esox71 Alien

Yeah, air or track?
    Wonder how it's gonna work this time?

15. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Well let's wait and see.
    You are not the only 1!

saxohare likes this.
  16. I usually drive with 15 degrees air, as here that's considered hot :p In AC that equates to 21 degrees track temp I think.

esox71 likes this.
  17. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Do yourself a favor and use the delta-app instead, if your goal is to improve laptimes.

OT: @garyjpaterson , where´s that full changelog?

Edit: d'oh, nevermind :)

Quffy likes this.
  18. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

so, boefore turning on steam and updating assetto corsa, we should delete/move our ac folder from documents (with all saves etc) to get the best experience of new assetto corsa performance/update?

19. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I´ve never done that other than once (on my old rig): because something went wrong.

20. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

so it doesnt matter? just update the game?