1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa v1.5 Dev Diary - Part 3/3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zaratul, Mar 30, 2016.

1. That's what I do.

DaveS78 likes this.
  2. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I´m not gonna do anything other than let it update and take it from there. Has worked on my new rig every time.

LeDude83, asehauDLM, DaveS78 and 4 others like this.
  3. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Agree. Moving/removing things from their original places tends to cause chaos on my rig, I imagine on others...all I remove are mod tracks/cars.

4. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

Thanks guys. HF tonight :)

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Some peoples have needed to verify the integrity of the game or else they had insane clipping after patches (im one of them)

Its also possible that you will need to set your resolution back ingame options.

6. esox71

esox71 Alien

Yeah, thought I heard someone say AC reads air temps not track??
    There for you'de want 21 air??
    Always puzzled me that one.

7. esox71

esox71 Alien

@kofotsjanne PC is booting fine out of case dude, must be the case somehow, crap as I just bought it(second hand but mint)
    Thx.:)
    sorry ot

8. Yeah I have no idea how the temp system works in AC, so I just set what I think is a realistic Ambient temp and hope everything else works properly.

esox71 likes this.
  9. ALO458

ALO458 Racer

So today is the day, 31st of March ! Where is the update? :)

10. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

The interesting thing about ambient temps is how cold temps work in the game. The latest dev diary has a very interesting statement many might have overlooked:

"...tyres that can be very slippery when cold to very sticky once hot."

Now, I've been told by several drivers and friends that many cars set their best times in cold ambient temps...most recently, a driver for who's team I did a livery said that at SPA, they regularly set times under 2:19 when ambient temps are cold. The reason, he said, was that hotter ambient temps made the tarmac slipperier...the heat from the sun warmed the rubber layer (if the track had one) and became more viscous, unpredictable; cold tarmac was more predictable, since the lower temps did not cause the rubbered-in tarmac to turn slippery.

Kunos' statement can be taken one of two ways: the new tyre model increases the grip difference for either cold/hot tarmac or cold/hot tyres. Obviously, cold tyres on cold tarmac=one hell of a ride...what I'm looking forward to is how the new v7 tyre model behaves with warm tyres on colder tarmac, if I can set faster times than with hotter asphalt. :)

Błażej, esox71 and garyjpaterson like this.
  11. D1visor

D1visor Alien

I'm not some self proclaimed physics expert, but that makes sense. That's how I thought about it too.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  12. ALO458

ALO458 Racer

Anybody knows when will we receive the update?

13. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Neither am I, but when I was told that, it made sense. With the current tyre model, times are much slower with ambient temps at 10c+optimum grip than they are with 26c+green grip...hopefully this changes with 1.5, it's a key element of RL that makes cooler temps preferable over blistering warm days. Heck...the smart alien drivers always set the ambient temps high in AC to get added grip in the tyre model in previous builds.

14. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

Better be before 8PM GMT+1 as I have a league race tonight!

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  15. ALO458

ALO458 Racer

Since the official day is today I don't think it will go that late, will it?

16. I predict the update goes live about seven hours from now.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  17. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Nervous much? :D Kunos usually releases updates 12:00pm GMT or 6:00pm GMT.

So far, one of the only things I find frustrating in AC is how cold ambient temps+warmed tyres does not set faster times as per RL. To get similarly realistic times, one has to overdrive the tyres and crank ambient temps...hopefully, the new v7 tyre features and rumored Brembo brake partnership/input source will continue to improve the AC physics in this area.

18. Grunotti

Grunotti Gamer

Almost 12 o clock in the Netherlands still nothing.
    Even not the official announcement!

19. ALO458

ALO458 Racer

Ye, can't wait :D

20. AngeloMertel

AngeloMertel Racer

OMG, all the deleted default skins will come back again with this update....allready getting a headache just thinking of going through all cars again and delete them one by one :eek:

21. ALO458

ALO458 Racer

Why to delete them? :p No problem being there xD

F430_458_F12 likes this.