1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Oh really? Assetto corsa vs real life - alfa romeo 4c

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Jan 19, 2016.

1. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

This is Great. Looking forward to more from you guys.
    This vid got me to jump into the 4C and trough it around a bit, I forgot how fun this car was to drive and now that I have 3 screens it is just so much better.
    By the way the dash instruments of the 4C are not looking good (in my AC), a bit over exposed and when you turn the lights on it is way over exposed. (Maybe I should open a thread in an appropriate place for this! I will look into it tonight at home)

2. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Edit : bad reading

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  3. eXo

eXo Racer

Wow great comparison Aris.... Wheel movements in AC are impressive close to the real counterpart. :eek:

@ Rigel and A. Granata. Thank you guys for your fantistic job with Modena track: one of my favourite race circuit in AC and IRL.
    Grazie ragazzi avete fatto un lavoro superbo. Bravissimi! :)

@ server owners, please add some public lobby with Modena circuit

Rigel likes this.
  4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Nah, I´m into trackmodelling while learning, it´s great so far :)

Just awesome seing some actual mods being used and displayed officially, not used and realeased as official content.

5. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Yep i realize it afterwards and edit my post... Sorry, good luck with your tracks :)

Tberg likes this.
  6. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Very nice video... Am I the only one who loaded up the same car and track in Assetto Corsa after watching this video? :D

7. It would be nice to think that videos like this will encourage server admins to start experimenting with the full range of cars in AC, rather than sticking to GT2/GT3 and the Toyota GT86.

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Nice video, great production.

I'm sure this took a fair ammount of time and effort to set up but it's marketing gold imo. More :cool:

Boris Lozac likes this.
  9. kikie

kikie Simracer

Reported! :D

I had the opportunity to test drive the 4C for a whole hour almost two years ago. This little car (blasfemie >>), although I personally don't think it is the best looking car, it was one of the most impressive cars I test drove, two years ago. I really, really, really, really, really liked this little Alfa. Really!

10. ouvert

ouvert Alien

hmm so I set modena-standard do green, street tyres, default setup, 15 degrees and my try (well three tries till I learned track) with similar lap time (1.22) wouldn`t be good for comparison :) it looked nothing like real life video ... no fighting with car, car is basicaly driving it self, coming from oversteer without need to countersteer at all, steered with throtle.. well different driving style makes a lot I guess :)
    One of few cars I still enjoy in AC though (something must happend after xmass brake), fun little car .. pissed me in Italy few times :)

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Can you be a bit more specific on what repels you with the current version of AC? I had you on the "AC is good at what it does" list, so I'm just curious ;)

12. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

There's plenty of videos of real life driving/racing where things look slow as well. A lot simply depends on the camera placement and FoV. Wider angle shots make things look a *lot* faster because the peripheral objects tend to kind of 'accelerate' as they approach, making things seem quicker. And of course some tracks simply have less visual frames of reference. The closer objects are to the side of the track, the faster things will look. Games like Driveclub use a combination of all these and crank them to the max and come out with a game that has an insane(and totally exaggerated) sense of speed.

With sims, depending on your seating position and FoV settings and everything, things are likely to not feel nearly as quick. I use a fairly low FoV as I've got a 27" monitor I sit about 18 inches away from, which kills the sense of speed, but is necessary for accurate judgement and a more realistic portrayal of things(apart from sense of speed, of course).

It is definitely a limitation of having a single screen, though. You can try using a super wide monitor, or use triple monitors. Or of course, a VR headset soon enough. ;)

Seria17hri11er and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  13. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I don`t know, nothing is wrong, I just cant enjoy most of cars, yet some provide me one of best experience across all sims. I played AC after DP3, drove out all asphalt on Brands I could, then spent more time in different sims, then was a xmass brake for me, than one week working ouside of my country, then I had good amount of hours in GSC and after that AC can`t provide without any apparel reason .. dull, boring, sick of those terrible sounds .. sad panda ;(
    I still stand behind "AC is good at what it does" but at this mmt it doesn`t do what it should - entertain :(
    But hey .. I still can enjoy most of stick driven cars .. if I can stand the sound they do in some cases :) hopefully it is just phase ...

David Dominguez and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  14. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Simracer

Excellent work @Aristotelis, really nice to see this kind of thing coming from the devs.

Besides the obvious parallels between virtual and real car behaviour one other thing strikes me about the video. I'm fairly new to pc sims but I've read a lot of people making comparisons between games, games and real life etc. and there's this constant debate about whether real cars are more or less difficult to drive than we find them to be in the game. AC sort of has the reputation of being more user friendly and on the more forgiving side but it seems in the video that the real car is much more stable and somewhat less correction than the virtual car does. In this one particular case at least, real car seems even more forgiving than the supposedly "forgiving" physics of AC. Kind of tells me that AC is on the right track and sims that feel like you are driving on iCE or are extremely difficult to control when in oversteer are maybe just being difficult for the sake of being difficult.

15. The F40 is fun... lol

Probably because he's purposely overdriving on the sim side, them wild steering and pedal inputs tho. Corner speeds aren't high either, 60-80kph in any sims it isn't hard to slide, especially on street tyres. Most of the people I hear complain about other sims being hard to slide, they just throw their race car in a turn at 120+ all out of shape and expect things to go smoothly having random pedal and steering inputs... Doesn't work like that.

16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Good point! The movmenents are very close but there's a little more hectic during the AC test run. I bet you a sixpack this is the well-known g-factor! When the rears shuffle sideways only a little I'm sure you can feel that in a RL through your senses and therefore correct just a tad sooner and smoother as you could in a sim.

Seria17hri11er and Johnnypenso like this.
  17. Browsing a great blog called "you suck at racing" (it's really good), I found this gem. Here's what high speed oversteer is like:

18. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

my neck felt that one.

19. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

lol, in a car competing in a series where cars must be valued at less than $500 https://www.chumpcar.com/rules.php not the best example, dont think we have banger racing in ac

Johnnypenso and Glaurung like this.
  20. I fail to see how it makes it different, it has tyres and the suspension isn't broken. On AC, unless you overheat the tyres you never really get that moment where it just lets go. If you have really bad car control you might keep spinning really far, but the tyres never just go "NOPE".