1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assettoland disappeared

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MaxStrong01, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

Hi Guys,

In the ladt month I was using the Assettoland site to download some nice mods. I did also a donation to them.
    Few days ago Assettoland disappeared completely from the web.
    Is anyone aware what happened to it? Was Assettoland irregular in some way?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions V 1.8 Thrustmaster preset disappeared Sep 30, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting tyre set selection disappeared in "Fuel&strategy" menu [Consult changelog] Dec 3, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Steering assist disappeared Aug 17, 2021
    ACC Audio Pre-Race Music disappeared Jun 30, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars "Tiremark" disappeared. Oct 17, 2018
    ACC User Interface Electronics HUD Display disappeared Sep 15, 2018
    XBox One Discussions Game saves disappeared Oct 19, 2017
    Bug reports Drift and tourist servers disappeared Sep 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Lamborghini SL disappeared Aug 18, 2017
    Bug reports Multiplayer lobbies - Disappeared? Nov 30, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds 3 cars disappeared after 1.10 Nov 25, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Apps have disappeared Nov 9, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Wheel settings disappeared Jul 16, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues lap time horizontal bar disappeared Apr 2, 2016
    Chit Chat Room What's the story with the "disappeared" car? Oct 13, 2015

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Pretty sure it was mostly ripped content, if not all. Site moved so it's harder to find by content search (figures), though not gonna write how to find it.

4. [​IMG]

Rigel, nfsw55 and MaxStrong01 like this.
  5. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

7. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

You donated to a sh!tty website with sh!tty ripped content, and now they've disappeared?

[​IMG]

Sorry, but yeah - Assettoland was irregular in many ways... :D

chksix likes this.
  8. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

Very bad. S....!!!
    Then the question: how to recognize when a site is regular and when are pirates?

9. RaceDepartment.

After_Midnight, miky and MaxStrong01 like this.
  10. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I am already registered with RD bit the nun era of car mods is a little limited

11. I believe there is a reason if the mod is not on RaceDepartment. ;)

miky and mms like this.
  12. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Pretty much what everyone is saying. RD is really the best, if not the only website for legit mods. The worst sites will ask for money, either asking you to pay for the mods or donate (a few exceptions for legit, quality pay mods include United Racing Design and Race Sim Studio, worth checking out). Generally speaking, if a mod isn't on RD, it's likely pirated and crappy quality. :p

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  13. URD took money for mods that they never delivered. RSS currently sell cars that have the fuel tanks in the drivers laps.
    If a mod isn't on RD it most likely is a rip, but it also is liable to have sounds/physics that are better than most 'legit' mods.

14. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

I'm not sure to understand what does it mean, as English is not my 1rst language .

15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

RSS, or DRM?
    I was under impression RSS is like golden standard of car mods, but I only own their GT1 pack and Formula 79.

16. Lol Michael is obsessed with those fuel tanks. Because we all know, one small mistake undoes all of the rest of the painstaking physics work.

I'd like to see the workings behind, lets say, the aero maps of those rips you talk of. Oh wait, thats right - there is none.

liakjim likes this.
  17. You would think that the 'Golden Standard' would release an update fixing junk like this, but nope, been this way for months:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If the physics guy (who is of course a guru that knows far more than Aris) is so sloppy that simple junk like this finds its way to release there is no telling what other errors are present in the files.

You mean things like this?
    [​IMG]

I have a few cars that even feature active aero; I wonder how that works with no aero maps.

Anyways, since you created (and thus profited) off a couple of the RSS cars, maybe you aren't unbiased enough to comment..... (btw, early 2018 ended back in the middle of April)

18. Judging by those pics and that mention of 'active aero' I doubt you understand what aeromaps are...

You can throw in as many Cl and Cd wing luts or wing controllers as you like, doesn't mean anything really.

19. Good thing I'm not selling mods then.

(I do know how to place fuel cells though, maybe there is a place for me on the team)

20. You should give it a go, its good fun. I'd expect absolutely zero mistakes though, given your attitude towards them.

It is funny how you pick up on these small errors from RSS but not from Kunos. Because they are there, I just haven't heard you blasting it all over the place. Its like you take some sort of pleasure from being the guy who spotted the mistake, brandishing it towards anyone who will listen at any possible moment. Pretty amusing tbh.

A fix is coming and you know it. Get your last few posts proclaiming its wrong in soon, won't be long before they are obsolete.
    It makes little sense to send out a tiny update ASAP just for that one thing. All cars are getting balanced, an update with come out which will no doubt have fuel cells in a position that pleases you more...

baboon, gandlers, Dookie and 3 others like this.
  21. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

Oh, its very easy to do. Active aero, as in moving bodywork, is totally independent from the "physics aero". If you could pack and upload that acr enzo data folder, I'd like to check which Kunos car the physics where ripped from, my guess is 599XX Evo, found its physics in everything, even a Mazda Lola LMP

2.jpg

edit: found it, and I was wrong, physics are actually a copy of the P4/5 Competizione. The car is also double the recommended tris count. LODs are non existent, but for some reason the LOD.ini calls the main kn5 twice. No low res cockpit. Soundbank has standard Taatus GUIDs from the SDK, which mean it is quasi unfit for multi car grids. One car with the same (common) oversight and its silence for both.

Should I go on?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    garyjpaterson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.