1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

asus vg248qe advice please

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by dubbsta78, May 15, 2014.

1. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

thinking of getting an asus tn vg248qe tomorrow. i keep hearing mixed reviews, i would like to hear from an owner of one...regrets or recommend. i have an e19t5w tft 8ms pretty small is it worth the upgrade.
    i hear about light boost and downloading profiles make the vg248qe better..but need to hear the bottom line.
    thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions HDR not working ASUS Rog Strix XG43VQ Jul 8, 2020
    Screens & Videos My setup Bezel kit Asus for 32" Feb 21, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game won't start win 10 (solved: Asus Sonic Suite conflict) May 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Is asus GL552 (GTX 960M 2G) supporting good gaming experience in AC? Jan 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Monitors philips vs asus Dec 21, 2015
    Audio Bugs & Issues Realtek audio drivers for asus z97-a Oct 3, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Life tip (and frustration) about long video card and asus Sep 9, 2015
    Audio Bugs & Issues Asus xonar dgx weird sounds Apr 5, 2015
    Liveries Fictional z4 gt3 skin: asus racing team Feb 25, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Start engine causes black screen and acs.exe failure, please help (solved: asus gamerosd issue) Oct 16, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Asus r9 270 - core 2 duo - performance/upgrade path decision Oct 2, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Thoughts of the asus vx239h for surround Sep 25, 2014
    Liveries Tatuus - Adidas/Asus livery Feb 28, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Asus vg278 3D problem Dec 14, 2013

3. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

Gaming screens are a compromise, you get fast response times and high refresh rates but poor viewing angles and much less accurate colours. I've got a triple screen setup and the viewing angle issue is there but I don't really notice it when I'm on track, if you're really sensitive to that sort of thing it might be an issue.

I was using a colour calibrated 27" Dell panel which was great but limited to 60hz, the car colours in Assetto Corsa looked a bit oversaturated while the circuits looked a bit washed out. Because the colours are less good on the Asus TN panel Assetto Corsa actually looks better balanced somehow, and in theory the higher frame rate will make you drive faster too.

The Asus seems to be a good screen for gaming and fine for everyday computing but I definitely wouldn't use it for professional colour work, my clients would think I've got cataracts!

dubbsta78 likes this.
  4. Tal.S

Tal.S Racer

I bought mine a month ago or so.
    The differenc between 144 and 60hz is NOTICEABLE, by far. It feels laggy when I play on 60 FPS.
    If your graphic card can handle it, go for it.
    It's reall great, it feels much smoother.
    The only thing about it is the slightly washed out colors, otherwise, it's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

dubbsta78 likes this.
  5. Yanaran

Yanaran Gamer

Best gaming upgrade I've ever made. The difference going from a 60Hz screen to 144 is like the first time you booted up windows on an SSD, you won't believe the difference at first. You will have to lower your graphics settings to get your fps up there to take full advantage though. Once you do you will be faster on track, better at saving slides and higher K/D ratio if you're into FPS games. Not "theoretically" better, but for 100% certain better.

You don't need to worry about setting up lightboost or downloading profiles, it's the best you can get right out of the box. About colours, let's just say I've never once looked over to the side of the road to check if the grass is the "right" green when I'm trying to take a flat out right hander in a GT3 car. If it wasn't so damned expensive I'd buy two more, but I can't really justify spending more on screens than I spent on my entire computer. ;) You'd probably need to spend some money on a new GPU to get the best out of it aswell.

dubbsta78 likes this.
  6. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

Thanks guys im gonna go for it ;)