1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is asus GL552 (GTX 960M 2G) supporting good gaming experience in AC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by tomferraren, Jan 27, 2016.

1. tomferraren

tomferraren Rookie

Dear all:

I have limited budget and prefer portable. Is asus GL552 a good choice for playing AC? Thanks a lot!

Specifications:

NVIDIA GTX960M 2GB GDDR5

1024 GB Solid State Drive

16 GB DDR4-SDRAM

2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions HDR not working ASUS Rog Strix XG43VQ Jul 8, 2020
    Screens & Videos My setup Bezel kit Asus for 32" Feb 21, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game won't start win 10 (solved: Asus Sonic Suite conflict) May 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Monitors philips vs asus Dec 21, 2015
    Audio Bugs & Issues Realtek audio drivers for asus z97-a Oct 3, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Life tip (and frustration) about long video card and asus Sep 9, 2015
    Audio Bugs & Issues Asus xonar dgx weird sounds Apr 5, 2015
    Liveries Fictional z4 gt3 skin: asus racing team Feb 25, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Start engine causes black screen and acs.exe failure, please help (solved: asus gamerosd issue) Oct 16, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Asus r9 270 - core 2 duo - performance/upgrade path decision Oct 2, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Thoughts of the asus vx239h for surround Sep 25, 2014
    Chit Chat Room asus vg248qe advice please May 15, 2014
    Liveries Tatuus - Adidas/Asus livery Feb 28, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Asus vg278 3D problem Dec 14, 2013

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

From these specs it's absolutely sufficient! My notebook also has an i7 (4xxx) and a GTX850M (luckily the one with GDDR5) and it runs AC at steady 60 with medium graphics. The 960M should be able to run it at high details (maybe no or only moderate PP) at steady 60.

4. tomferraren

tomferraren Rookie

Thank you very much, could you give a detail about the medium graphics you are using? For example, "World detail", "Anti-A..", "Post-process", etc.. Thank you a lot!

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yeah but from the top of my head, only:

- Full HD
    - Anisotropic Filter 16x
    - AA 4x
    - World detail high or maximum
    - Shadow Detail medium
    - Smoke generation low
    - Smoke in mirrors: yes
    - Mirror resolution medium
    - Reflection rendering frequency: static
    - Post processing: off.

These settings give me 60 fps in each scenario, even on the starting grid of a 24 MP race. If I was cool with 40 - 50 FPS I could activate PP.

I suggest for you to look at benchmarks 850M and 960M and try to scale what settings you could achieve in AC. The GPU is both one performance step up and one generation younger than mine. It should really play AC very well and going to the 970M is a silly step up in terms of price. The 960M is a really good choice IMO.

6. tomferraren

tomferraren Rookie

Thank you a lot! It really gives me a good reference about the graphics gtx 960m could achieve. I think for single monitor, gtx 960m is good enough to play. I'm wondering whether it's possible to have tripple-monitor, lowering every graphics to minimum, keeping 1080p, and still get around 35 fps? Thank you.

7. 35 fps is too low. Aim for 60+ at all time, better yet, 100+.

Triples would be too much for your setup, the CPU and GPU aren't the best for that (I don't even know if that card supports triples to begin with, because laptop). So go with LeDude's settings and fine tune from there, but I would forget about triples for now.

8. tomferraren

tomferraren Rookie

OK, thanks a lot!

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I agree. Even though these cards in gaming notebooks support multiple displays (mine has a sticker on it with a triple setup, lol) I wouldn't buy a notebook for triples - you'll end up in way too high price ranges or with way too low FPS. So for the home installation I'd say a nice large Full HD screen is your friend ;-)

10. tomferraren

tomferraren Rookie

Thanks for the suggestion. I think a TrackIr will be nice to work with a large screen.

LeDude83 likes this.