1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

BMW 1M, M3, M4 suspension, weight transfer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ouvert, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Hopefully Aris has better things to do then respond to every thread where people think something is wrong with the physics simply based on their feelings.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  2. Oh please..

3. How many times have Kunos said that if you think something is wrong, show data that backs up your claim and they will investigate it. Pretty sure Aris has stated repeatedly that claims based on 'I feel' is simply a waste of his time.

4. The BMW 1M is one of my favourite cars in Assetto Corsa, despite the somewhat unstable handling. I hope it never changes ;)

Mogster, Dookie and Schnipp like this.
  5. ouvert

ouvert Alien

dont wanna bother him with this .. M3 seems to be common enough that I would expect somebody in this community with track experience in that car .. and as Michael said .. I don`t have any data to back it up .. just comparison with other cars on the same track (IRL and game) .. not enough even for me ;) that why, as I said in opening, didn`t post it in physics bug section

6. @Aristotelis used to own a M3, just FYI

tkaczorek69, LeiF, martcerv and 6 others like this.
  7. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

I feel like most cars in AC nowadays need more front and rear toe settings towards or at positive values instead of negative than in the past to have midturn grip and stability on the straights (Z4 E89 feels very sensitive to that IMO for instance). I'm far from a setup connoiseur though, I wonder if other people have the same experience. Also feel that having the tyre pressure 1 or 2 psi too low can make the car feel very sluggish and unstable on straights, just as too much camber now can give the car very inconsistant grip levels midturn. All things I feel that were different in the past on AC and more logic. Could all be placebo tricks playing with my head, try it out or enlighten me.

8. ouvert

ouvert Alien

camber for sure ... before new TM you could use minimun or maximum camber without really affecting temps or even laptimes (only tested in Tatuus) ... now it is different story ... that is a good thing though

donShere likes this.
  9. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Guys, what's the issue?
    IRL Having had a 1M for >3 years , an E90 M3 for 2 years and now driving an M2 for >1 year I'd like to chime in:)

EDIT: I tracked/drifted them all for a fair amount as well.

Cheers
    Robin

10. ouvert

ouvert Alien

@Robin_NL
    and you would say stock suspension is handeling body roll in similiar fashion as in game ? boaty, like shocks are soft, not really effective but it is easy to catch and correct .. transfering a lot of that behaviour into the steering? not necessary on power .. in general ...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  11. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Yep sort of(1M/E90 M3) . Lift/power oversteer sometimes feels a bit too easy ingame on a dry track on those PS2 tyres. IRL it's more a on/off (grip/slip) situation. But the feel is alright. 1M ingame is more playable and catachable ingame than IRL on stock Pilot Sport 2 tyres
    On drifttyres the real car comes closer to 1M S3 version. IMHO.

Only thing Kunos did do 'wrong' are the brakes:
    After 2 or 3 laps M3/1M stock brakes are almost gone IRL:)

Cheers
    Robin

Kristaps likes this.
  12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

brakes, I suspect are game design decision :) ... going over 200 to Cimini turn I had to adjust braking point basicaly every lap ... with limited feel you wouldn`t wanna do it in game I think.

anyway Im not really talking about grip, for what I`m curious you don`t need to be close on edge .. more about amount and how it is dealing with body roll, how much is it transfered to steering in that car and how much you need to correct before it waves back to other side and upsets itself .. but I don`t wanna bother you it seems like it feels similiar to you .. thanks I adjust my expectations for this one :)

And knowing Aris has direct comparion for this one too I`ll choose to believe .. thanks all for keeping it civilized ;)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  13. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

OK:)
    IRL 1M on dry there is way more grip/traction(PS@ tyres stock) than many carjournos suggest, and 'no understeer ' almost (M2 too: 'no understeer' ingeneral)
    in the wet it's another story(M2 way more planted) but that's logical:)

So ingame I feel:
    -more understeer
    -easily oversteerable
    -easier catchable
    -less grippy

than in real life, but the whole feel is very very good.

IMHO.

Cheers
    Robin

LeDude83, paul_wev and ouvert like this.
  14. Considering half this sh*t is black magic and numbers being interpreted by an engine... Feel can sometimes not be too far off reality :p

donShere and Robin_NL like this.
  15. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Real life 1M on drifttryres on a wet track is like Gran Turismo on the Playstation, not kidding.

Cheers
    Robin

paul_wev likes this.
  16. ouvert

ouvert Alien

and dont forget .. numbers lie :)

17. No idea what's a drift tyre :p

18. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

A not so grippy tyre on wet/dry surfaces.

Like those Chinese cheapo Sh1t brands ;-)
    Or a wintertyre in the rain/dry.

Cheers
    Robin

19. Or premium tyres that are nearing 20 years old... those were more lethal than any budget tyre I've used :p

20. Meanwhile in real drifting they use super understeery setups and semi-slicks, lel.