1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Booooom here all the news, and they are many, and it is almost

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Felice Pugliese, Oct 10, 2014.

1. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Already budgeting for my second ASUS DirectCU II GTX780 Ti. The price is almost right. Since the 900's hit the streets my card has dropped from almost $700 to $409 (today) after rebate and promo code at newegg.com :)

F430_458_F12 and TheBestBeast like this.
  2. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Mr. Stefano clarified the myth of manufacturers prohibiting game devs from implementing visual damage to their cars. There is nothing about that in their contract, apart from not representing blood. However I'm much more interested in the way Kunos developed mechanical damage. Visual damage is also somehow important, because it gives you visual feedback for certain things, but sound feedback plays a role there too. If very realistic damage model physics takes away pc resources from other more important things, than I'm with them on limiting what you see opposed to what can happen the way you drive the car.

William Sebastian and Slavc like this.
  3. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Good luck&wish you fast budgeting ;)

cooknn likes this.
  4. Epocx

Epocx Alien

There will be clutch damage in the 1.0 and visual damage for the chassis, not sure wether there will be more. But in the current Alpha i sometimes break my wheel axis even though damage is turned off :D :D :D

5. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Nothing is being sucked anywhere. The direction of air and forces is always from higher pressure towards lower pressure. When a car drives on race track a pressure difference between the front and and the rear exists. At rear you have less pressure and at front you have higher pressure. At the rear the pressure of the area surrounding the low pressure area is higher which means all air and material around that low pressure is being pushed towards it from higher pressure surrounding them.

When cars are drafting the car behind is pushed toward the lower pressure zone + the car coming behind also gets to drive in lower pressure air and as this happens an effect called slipstream occurs. Slipstream is effectively reduced drag for both cars. This same phenomena also helps the car in front because the lower pressure zone behind the car is "smaller".

6. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

I believe there is less air resistance behind the first car which allows the second to run faster.

I don't believe that the second car is being pushed forward by the high pressure air in to the low pressure zone.

7. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Yes there is less air resistance like I tried to explain in too complex way. :)

However the effect of the 2nd car being pushed by higher air pressure around it towards the smaller pressure behind the leading car is really really small. But that force still exists. When you create an area with lower air pressure the higher air pressure air around it will be pushed towards it. Not sucked into it. This same air pressure difference also effects on the car going towards that low pressure area.

But the big effect is the reduced drag of course for the following car.

8. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

The pressure differential is coming from all directions though, thats what gives a balloon it's basic even shape so it's not trying to be equalise the pressure differential from only the rear of the second car, its coming from all around. So when you say a really, really small effect, it's even less because it's trying to come from the front too.

In the end, what I was trying to say is when you write When cars are drafting the car behind is pushed toward the lower pressure zone as the first part of your sentence it sounds like the is the predominate factor when in fact it probably won't account for any speed.

9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

This has been happening in flightsim land for some years. Talented modders are either contracted by the dev team to make content (IL2, ROF) or branch out on their own and become 3rd party payware content providers (DCS) Mostly the core dev teams are too small to support the donkey work of producing new content in a reasonable timeframe. New content production gets contracted out while the dev's work on new core features.

10. dauntless

dauntless Alien

It does for a really really really small amount :).

I should have really written all that stuff better and I focused too much on the whole sucking/pushing thing. The pushing/sucking thing is good to mention though because that is the part which gives the car in front a slight boost too which is something most sims don't model at all.

11. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

Yes, that was nice to hear, but I was curious about damage like totally destroyed car visually, if manufactures would allow that. Because Kunos visual damage is nothing horrible for manufactures.

12. Quffy

Quffy Alien

After hearing Stef :) saying that manufactures allow games to design body damage, but disallow blood or human related damage, made me think if that's the reason GTA games don't have real licensed and modeled cars, but just closed modeling and fake names. Is not like Rockstar wouldn't have money to buy license to specific car models.. so it must be the blood/violence that manufactures don't want associated with their cars.

razmatazz likes this.
  13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

That does surprise me tbh. Microsoft always insisted that manufacturer pressure stopped them adding visual damage to their flight sims, irc the a Euro truck sim dev's have used the same reason for not implementing visual damage. Maybe that's just a convenient excuse for not implementing the feature though.

Really for AC I think realistic mechanical damage is way more important than visual. Just stopping people using exploits like using the rev limiter as a brake instead of braking properly adds to realism.

14. razmatazz

razmatazz Racer

I am glad that he was honest and clarified this. I knew that if there would be visual damage, it would be only on texture/surface side, since i think the models are not divided in different parts. Letting exterior fall apart, you had to model this piece and the structures underneath. I guess most models would have to be redone/updated. I totally understand that this is too much work, for just an effect that is visual, when you cant drive the car anymore. Furthermore, bodyparts on the track must somehow damage tyres that hit them.
    Though he didn't denied that it may be realized in the future, i dont think it will be worked on and this is fine. But i hope that breakable materials like carbon will get cracks instead of dents/bulges.
    And i hope they will sometime work on engine/oil temperature and cooling system, and maybe the damage to that e.g. oil lacks and maybe oil stains on track.

15. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

It might be safe to say that we've all learned our lessons from those early updates when forum threads would explode into 100s of posts in a matter of hours over new content :D

16. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

This is by far the best and most informative Kunos interview/video I have seen. There are details in here that are really cool. We all knew they had their office at Vallelunga, but I hadn't made the connection beyond "cool, real petrol heads", when he explained how easy this made it to for instance get the weight of a suspension arm for a particular car.

His excitement on seeing his AI working on modded tracks was cool to see.

We're in such safe hands with these guys for the next 5 years.

17. Fivizzz

Fivizzz Simracer

Maybe it is actually contract related. Kunos are not limited, but it is possible that manufacturers do impose such conditions over some other games.

And also, if only a few manufacturers refuse, then you're done, you've got to keep it coherent.

TheBestBeast likes this.
  18. This waiting is driving me crazy! o_O

Damn you Kunos! ;)

19. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Look to Wednesday if we're lucky. Kunos has a relationship with Fridays for some reason :D

20. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Me too, but I bet they also can't wait to release it to us. It will be a very excited moment for both sides :)

Radom and Nahkamarakatti like this.