1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Button Preset Request!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by PRO Stream BG, May 1, 2017.

1. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Hi Everyone i open this thread , because what i see is the only way to make this visible for everyone and not posting it in other similar threads! After the "news" around the Button Mapping and the lack of this feture i put a suggestion at least for NEW PRESET 4 (for exemple) who in my opinion works better for Trustmaster Wheels (in my situation T300RS) also this setup gone a fix some "bad" button mixes who dont work correct or not exist in the curent presets after patch 1.9!
    Please check the pictures and tell me if you agree with that Preset (sorry for the low editing quality. But i made it in the phone) picture 1 is current preset 1 and picture 2 is my view of good preset request!
    (I know BM must solve all differend issuses and wheels,but if they not make it at least this new preset gone a work better in my opinion) DSC_1412.JPG PicsArt_05-01-06.17.42.jpg

the-D-, @P73, moniker_a and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Can not click on GUI buttons of Apps Tuesday at 4:22 PM
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Button "onClick" not working: solved Mar 20, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Update the button layout options for controllers. Mar 3, 2024
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Button Assignments Dec 23, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Invisible steering wheel/driver and greyed out button Jul 23, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Can't set button for mid race save replay... May 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Button box Mar 5, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game won't start after pushing "play" button from steam Jan 28, 2023
    ACC User Interface Mapping buttons on the PC keyboard (key number "2") Dec 28, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds The game thinks my PXN V9's pedals are buttons not an axis, is there a fix? Nov 21, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec wheel buttons sending mouse clicks to game Oct 18, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions wheel buttons locked to look left and right, and no option to save car setups. Sep 30, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC 1.8: Manual gears using square and x buttons? Sep 29, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G920 buttons always on Sep 9, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Stream Deck as a Button Box - Ideas Aug 29, 2022

3. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

you got handbrake, drs and kers on same button ?

4. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Yes cars with DRS or Kers dont have Handbrake by deffaut and cars with DRS dont have Kers or viceverse :)
    The only duplicate funcion button is left arrow who mix Horn with Lights (but is not a problem to me i dont use any of this, but i put the horn there to fit it after the comoleate lack of it) personally i not need Horn in the racing games but is the best position to not disturb more important keys functions

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  5. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

f1 car you need kers and drs

Donnced2 likes this.
  6. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

F1 car use KERS ,not DRS and Kers and i think they not have handbrake :)

PS: You are right in some games they use both..but i think in AC dont... I must test it but if is true the KERS can be set it to Lights and Horn F1 dont have lights and horn and not disturb cars with light and horn because they dont have KERS

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  7. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Indeed!
    That's one of the reasons why they should make personalised button mapping.
    Otherwise they should have to make a lot of presets more to try to fit every type of car.
    Let's see what the dev team decides tomorrow morning in the meeting from Stefano... Hopefuly it turns out to make personalised button mapping, so everyone would be happy to map every feature on the button he wants a that moment.

ppbucko and the-D- like this.
  8. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Both F1 Ferrari cars uses ERS and DRS mate.

On straight line you open the wing an use some kers if you want to

PRO Stream BG likes this.
  9. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

No is not , if in AC f1 cars use both DRS amd Kers i must change KERS to HORN/LIGHTS left arrow and done...this not desturb cars with horns and lights...and f1 dont have horn and lights.. I go change it later...thx for this info...

Donnced2 likes this.
  10. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

I gone a set it to left arrow is my bad i dont drive f1 cars in AC....and i make a error but is easy to move in left arrow...

11. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I think you ps boys got 4 more buttons to play with than us on xbox.

Donnced2 likes this.
  12. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

@Lord Kunos
    Preset 4 v2 (covering road/race and f1 cars) PicsArt_05-01-08.31.38.jpg

This solve my error of drs and kers in same button also gives a left hand kers right hand drs in a perfect line and position to reach it

LeDude83 and ppbucko like this.
  13. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

The tmx wheel hasn't the same amount of buttons than a T150 /T300 wheel??
    If it's so...realy one strong reason more to implement personal Button mapping feature than

ppbucko likes this.
  14. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Unfortunatly you are right...this preset gone a solve t150 and t300rs and t500

15. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

The other posibility is if Kunos set 3 new presets who covers one for road cars (removing kers/drs brake biass) one for race cars (removing horn and handbrake ,Kers) and one for f1 cars (removing horn,lights,handbrake) but on all of them implement on L2 R2 look left and right (less work gone a be full BM code than presets but is another better idea of the defaut presets)

16. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

another way of getting more buttons is using, a quick press for options you use all the time, and hold down button for a few seconds for options not used a lot. Like shooters hold b down to lie down.

17. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Yes also is good idea Hold some arrow and pres something...to combine ...is good actualy if they make a Imput button who triger combinatuon when is holded!!! Really nice idea

18. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

Donnced2 likes this.
  19. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well you have Road cars as the "holly trinity" (p1, 918spyder,la Ferrari) that have kers drs and horn,lights, hybrid systems,TC, ABS .....

That makes quite some different preset layouts if you want to cover different cars...
    It would be crazy.... Or they make a new hud like F1 2016 or gt sport (don't like it because its very distracting and not fast)
    Or make keyboard compatibility or personal Button mapping feature, which would be needed anyway if they make keyboard compatibility...

So i think it would be easier code a BM than a new hud

20. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

So if this is discussed before i cant understand why KUNOS , not asign few people who can work on BM feture and solve all this issues with differend weels , accesorys and personal feel for better position of buttons and functions! (Why i still playing Pcars and other sim games, due of the fetures but for me the top one behind FFB and Physx who AC have at amazing level is a button mapping who is in Pcars at good level , the game dont have good ffb and physx but give us a choice to use our buttons and accesory and is enjoyble...and AC makes so dificult development behind Physx and FFB but the lack of Wheel/Pedal calibration and Button mapping , dont give us the best experiance...what AC needs is only BM feature and everybody gone a be happy to play it daily if can use their "toys" ! Personaly for me and some friend is the reason to stop playng it, and is sad because offers good feel in driving game...I cant belive Kunos canot make BM code...they make much harder parts who evolutionate the racing games...than a "simple" button code.. (ask Sony/Microsoft for support in the development of it) is a joke i know they can do it , but cant understand why they not want! (is one of the most requested stuff from the beggining)

21. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

I agree is much more "easy" and gone a solve all problems to make a BM , and cant belive they not see the need of this...when almost everyone request it everywhere not only in forums!
    PS: when i say easy is comparing button mapping code to other development process who they do really good