1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Can someone help me understand the duration of the tires?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by R3V3NG3 BR, Jun 1, 2016.

1. R3V3NG3 BR

R3V3NG3 BR Racer

So.. I have a bit of trouble understanding how the tires work, like, an average on how many km/laps a supersoft/soft/medium/etc.. tire will last, how do the percentages work (I read on a similiar thread that the percentages are the grip avaliable). I'm trying to understand but it gets kinda hard doing it alone, thanks in advance for all imputs!
    Sorry for my bad english!

Whitestar likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room I don't understand tyres grip value @someone Sep 5, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Someone please help!! Jul 15, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes - Could someone please help interpret log? Jul 15, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer someone please help with entry list? Feb 28, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Someone is using speed hacking? Jan 30, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Someone is using speed hacking? Jan 29, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Hi can someone can help? When i wanna click on "Assetto Corsa" then i got an error of "Asseto Corsa" Dec 20, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Can you report someone for wrecking and corner cutting Nov 7, 2020
    ACC Physics Would someone be willing to share a Motec file? Oct 26, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Could someone send me my missing car data files? Sep 5, 2020
    General modding discussion Someone to make a custom track Jul 9, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Can someone help is there anyway to get my Thrustmaster led bt dash to work on the PS4 version Jun 28, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Crash after driving for one hour, then doing a driver swap and watching someone else drive May 7, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Someone spawn into my car Apr 29, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Session count down doesnt start until someone enters the server Jan 6, 2020

3. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Depends on how clean you drive and how good the tyres stay in their optimum working frame and which car ^^ They work as long as they are faster than the harder one (regarding the choice for a race).

Or very simplified: when the app shows 98% is still good to go, 97% needs noticeable changes to the driving.

R3V3NG3 BR likes this.
  4. R3V3NG3 BR

R3V3NG3 BR Racer

Hm... thanks! So its interesting to pit when the tires go around 97%? (depending on the strategy)

5. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

There is no fixed rule. For pit strategy you need to compare your lap times in each option and see if it is worth the time lost in pits.

Normally 97% is still a lot of grip.

Jaye and stefanoCasillo like this.
  6. Jaye

Jaye Alien

It was a very very simplified rule ;) But yeah that's the time where I look deeper at my strategy for the race (I usually do long stint practices before a league event and then comparing times and calculating the pit time into it). But really depends on car, setup, track and so on. For example Huracan GT3 with 97% tyres at Mugello is hell, at Monza not really a problem.

7. FlandreNien

FlandreNien Hardcore Simmer

The app percentage indicates the maximum available grip, depending on tyre wear, provided the tyres are at optimal pressure and temperature. Temperature is the most noticeable variable with actual grip, as a slightly hot tyre will have less grip than an optimum temp tyre. They wear at a rate related to how clean your driving is, as well as how fast your going through turns. You can put in clean laps (e.g. no sliding) but still wear your tyres faster than if you take ever corner just a touch slower.

8. twizzR

twizzR Racer

GT3 cars get real hairy below 95% Would not recommend below 95% for many laps. You can also not be a hooligan like I am and take care of them though.

There is a bunch of multipliers. The reported tyre grip(what tire apps show) and then there is a temperature multiplier according to the optimum temp range. When in the range you get 100% of your .. say 98% worn tire. You could also end up getting, with low temps out of a pit stop, something like 60% grip on a not warmed up tire yet, which percentage may start at 99.5%. Hence why it is understeer city on cold tires :)

When to pit? Depends on race length and the tyre you're on, what track, how much fuel. Say 1 hour races and you'd look at pitting within a standard 25-35min window. 2-3h race? Hard tires can go for a lot longer, so test them for each track and calculate your strategy. For shorter races, say 45min or even 1 hour softs *could* work if you nurse them. Not all cars can use them, but if you can it might pay off.

9. Topuz

Topuz Hardcore Simmer

This is pretty much all we need to know:

GLENNYBOY1 and Quffy like this.
  10. R3V3NG3 BR

R3V3NG3 BR Racer

Thanks guys! This thread really helped me!

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Each car and compound is quite different and the main thing you really need to look out for is when the grip really starts to drop off aka tyres fall off the cliff. In many cars the softer compound at 96% may still be quicker then the next harder compound at 99% but then you also need to look at temps so if your overheating its likely also blistering the tyres losing more grip. If they are too cold they will start graining and again lose some overall grip you also need to keep an eye on pressure making sure they dont rise or drop too much on any tyre over a race distance.

Pressures for a race will likely be different for qualy as you want to get them to where they stabilize over the longer stint as close to optimum as you can where in qualy you just want them up for your hotlap and the same pressure over a longer stint likely wont work even on the same compound.

Best way to test is simply run some longer runs and try to be as consistent as you can, see how many laps the softs are faster then the mediums. How much do they drop off then see over how many laps is it still faster using the softer compound, do the same with the next compound up. I normally do this just running smooth consistent laps and then at the end of my stint try and push as much as possible to see what is still possible on worn tyres.

If your calculating in a pit stop too then work out how many laps you can run on a certain compound and how much total time is lost in a stop vs a harder compound if your not forced to stop for fuel. The other thing to consider is car balance as your tyres wear or get too hot or cold. If your rears are wearing much faster the car will get much looser and same with if front or rear is hotter or colder then the other side this too will effect balance so you want to choose a compound that stays more consistant in both wear and temps across all tyres to make the car more driveable.

There are still times where it may be quicker to run worn tyres at the end of a stint and deal with changing balance but this makes driving much trickier and best to avoid it if you can unless its clearly the fastest option.

BenniS likes this.
  12. BenniS

BenniS Racer

Much very useful information in here. Thanks for the explanations :)

Whitestar likes this.