1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Community Update: Private Lobbies

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Mar 16, 2017.

1. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

why were on the discussion of tyres, any one got any ideas on how to get the tyres up to temp on the gt3 cars in multiplayer. I was using the default setup and min pressure on all 4 tyres. also tried increasing the pressure, had less grip but tyres remained blue all race.

2. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I think toe angle and camber will do it! Changing only the tire lressse will not increase the temperature for sure. It depend on the track, you've to set the camber/toe to achieve high temp in the tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ppbucko likes this.
  3. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

That's good news on the tyre warmers issue.

Toe angle can affect tyre temps, as iwanchek said. If you're on the lowest pressure and can't get tyres to heat up, you can check tyre compound. Softer tyres heat up faster.

4. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Tyre warmers are on, had a couple of hours on multiplayer tonight, no real big first corner crashes or cars spinning out when lights go out.

bradleyland likes this.
  5. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Whaaaat we can play in online with warm tyres!? Its true!? Because i didnt play the game from patch 1.9... If this is true i must test it , gone a be a huge difference in the first few corners! Awesome

6. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

It's a recent change (less than 1 day ago). All servers will have tyre warmers on now. See Lord Kunos' post below :)

PRO Stream BG likes this.
  7. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Thank you for that info and for the change from Kunos...this was one of the problems in Multiplayer! I gone a test it..thanks again

bradleyland likes this.
  8. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Can confirm tyres are warm from the start :)

PRO Stream BG likes this.
  9. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

That's your update lads.
    Tyre warmers switched on.
    There will be another one in three months.

10. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

LOL...;)

11. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Dont be sarcastic, is a nice change for the Public Servers its obvious we get a Custom Lobbys update "soon" and until then at least we can make a first few corners a bit more clean due of the tyre temp...

12. I actually don't want the tire warmers on. The idiots will remain idiots, and making things more idiot friendly only encourages the idiots more to be idiots. I actually liked the fact you have to put temps in the tires yourself, a little extra challenge. In my opinion, this just gives bad drivers a little extra time before they crash, but they will. I suppose the change has been made though, it doesn't seem like it'll go back.

SlimCharles likes this.
  13. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I agree tyre warners probably is not going to improve much, if it does something. Could be even worse, giving the idiots more chances to crash other people.

The best way to improve online racing IMO is to get right the kicking system. Because rating system like GT Sport or Iracing is too ambitious, at least for AC1 (and Stefano already said that wont come into AC1). Maybe AC2, who knows.

14. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

When the custom lobbies drop, hopefully were be able to set this option our selfs. I was online last night in gt3 races and there weren't any first corner crashes. Warm tyres won't stop the idiots, but it will stop some of the accidental crashes in public lobbies.

Kaaarp, bradleyland and PRO Stream BG like this.
  15. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Is a bit non sense keepimg talking about Kick Sysetem and tyre warmers, the destruction derby players are same with tyre temp on or off... But dont forget if you play a clean racers is important to start with warm tyres...this improve the race quality and make it a bit more enjoyble also all this gone a chame when custom lobby update is released...so in my opinion i dont see why your unhappy with that small change with a huge impact for clean racing (on start) If you plaing with a people who wreck you so its your problem...you can make a patry with your friends and ocuppy compleatly any empty server and enjoy the game a bit better with the tyres on good temp..and is way better for servers with few laps , because if you race 5 laps and you need 2 to get a good temp of the tyres and is a bit strange...but now you can enjoy from start to end of pure race without the error factor from your cold tyres at first laps...

ppbucko likes this.
  16. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

How many actual race series start with stone cold tyres. If blankets aren't allowed at least the cars do 1 or 2 warm up laps before the lights go out to get some heat into the tyres.

17. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Dont waste your time to explain this to people who dont understand the race rules and how important is to start with warm up tyres, also they cant understand about the Wrekless drivers factor is everywhere and Kunos soon gone a give us a Custom Lobbys but now we have option to do it by ourselfs...is easy to form up a race with friends who drive clean and occupy any empty server and make really good races without problem, but they still complaining about bad drivers..Kunos cant release a game for clean racers only so we must team up with this kind of players...in every game exist people who try to ruin the overall experiance...for this is good to be part of any community and meet people who like clean racing and stop complaining about that...the game have other issues and i hope soon we get the update who add and fix some stuff...until then ENJOY the Racing with the warm tyres and remember "Dont Drink And Drive" :)

18. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

I'm sure most of the (1st corner) crashes happen accidentally. There may be hundreds of reasons why these things happen. Many people also misjudge situations, brake too late/early etc. I'm convinced that the griefers and intentional crashers are a small minority. I haven't seen one so far.
    The problem with cold tyres was that without front grip the car didn't want to brake causing even more carnage.

bradleyland and PRO Stream BG like this.
  19. Gysepy

Gysepy Gamer

Most of the first corner incidents are down to two things, people intentionally doing it or people who go for the gap so to speak, hoping that the other / others notice they are there and leave room. Warmer tires can only help the latter, i'm under the impression with SIM racing that unless the guy ahead of you gets a bad start or out breaks himself then hold position there is a long race ahead. If you get taken out in the first corner, no real way of knowing why at the time so just suck it up and finish your race.

Unfortunately a lot of people who grew up with the likes or Forza , GT on console are of the mind set of win at any cost, others are just simply not prepared for the Physics and what works in said mentioned titles does not work in AC. You just need to drive the GT3 RSR in Forza and it AC to know what i mean. It is completely UN-drivable stock in Forza and steps out at every squeeze of the throttle so people adapt to this .

Private lobbies cannot come soon enough, i have had awesome races online bumper to bumper with people but they are few and far between, have a full grid of this will take it to another level and bring back the people who have already left the series i'm sure of it.

Waiting patiently and giving the devs the time they need to get it right.

TheMiz44, paul_wev and rich1e I like this.
  20. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

You forgot the third:

People who just finished several laps of qualifying on warm tires, and have their normal braking points in mind.

Honestly, I don't really have cold tire braking points in my memory bank. I just try to be conservative. Depending upon the car/track combo, I'm sometimes not conservative enough. T1 at Nurburgring Endurance (without arena) is a great example. That switchback is a cruel mistress. T1 at Monza is a disaster on cold tires as well. You have to brake at 300 ft... Except, no one does!

I'm thrilled with the decision to turn on tire warmers. I think there's a lot of cynicism when it comes to online racing. I'm a little more optimistic. I believe that many of the T1 incidents are not intentional, and with the cars all bunched up, minor incidents quickly become major. Just look at the Blancpain GT Monza incident on restart.

You could not be blamed for believing this was a sim race hahaha :) The race was red-flagged by the way, which brings up an interesting idea. It's too bad that online sim races can't be red flagged for major incidents. It is often difficult to get a wrecker kicked, because people just don't seem to care. If races were red flagged because of bad driving, maybe everyone would figure out how to vote-kick the bad drivers.