1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Compact Dolby audio only receiver with no video input

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michele Papis, Jan 1, 2017.

1. I m looking for a small 5.1 system, and I ll buy the speakers later, but I cannot find this kind of product.
    I find only big a/v receiver with useless tons of inputs, but I Need at least 2 Digital audio input + RCA.
    I ll use only my Digital audio output from my Sound Blaster Z, and into that receiver at least 2 analog RCA.

Inviato dal mio HTC One M9 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Suggestions [PC] Car settings compact screen Apr 1, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Can't change ffb on a compact keyboard Oct 13, 2015
    3D car models Bmw e36 compact cup car (on hold) Jun 25, 2014
    ACC Hardware Discussions Dolby Atmos for UE4 Jun 9, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Dolby digital surround sound 5.1 Dec 13, 2013

3. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

Most products in this category even going back 10 years for slim all in one dvd/amp/speaker packages had video inputs being "Audio/Visual" components.
    Typically because Dolby Digital 5.1 came from video based formats. You can find still today slim options in AV separates but you may find today soundbars are more in fashion. Some of these offer pretty decent performance but it depends on your budget, expectations and size of room.

From my own memories, most multi-channel amplifiers without "video circuitry" or DSP features would of been analogue RCA/PHONO inputs only. Mainly as power/amps and not offering digital inputs.

The issue with some of todays soundbars may be limited inputs and in some cases the RCA could be replaced with a 3.5mm jack (not a problem) but you should find decent options with the inputs you need.

Possibilities with various prices to look into at least for ideas:

SONY HT-RT3 5.1 Sound Bar
    Q ACOUSTICS MEDIA 4 (M4)
    Yamaha MusicCast YAS-306
    Philips Fidelio B5
    Sonos Playbar

Michele Papis likes this.
  4. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

What about this, its a bit more extreme than the Porsche offering :D

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  5. My intention is to have all around sound, which means also speakers behind you and directional audio.
    My area for the listening is about 4x4 meters, Wall beyond this limit, and I can put also cable for rear speakers.
    Having a sound bar is useless because its Just Dolby emulation when in most of the case they have internal 2.1 speakers configuration, I want physical speakers. Also I ve no more space on desk to put something big like a bd player or all-in One cheap home Theatre set. So, does not exist a simple Dolby audio decoder?
    In case I put an a/v receiver I can have problem with 144hz gaming monitor or High resolution ones. Also my audio doesn t come out from PC HDMI.
    I use PC for everything, why they put optical output from 2000s if you Can t find a stand alone product for Digital audio only?

A kind of Digital Audio DAC, but then you need a 5.1 Channel analog amp which is strange and I can find It, Just stereo exist.

6. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

7. I dont want all in one solution, sorry...
    Too big and its a/v receiver, useless for me. Also want to buy speakers I want, base on impedence, and I don t Need integrated DVD player..

8. I was also looking to the classic Logitech sorround speakers set but these kind of product have fancy custom shape, sometimes not totally flat or square, and its hard to put them on the wall..

9. I ve found these speakers to have more reliability than Logitech. But dont know about wall mount or speakers cable extension possibility..

10. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

I have the Logitech Z506 or whatever 5.1 system. They do the job, but the bass range is kind of low, and I do notice there's many ranges of sound that just....don't. The surround range is minimal honestly, though they do work.
    I bought one of these a few years ago and within 5 minutes of testing their volume, the amp cut out entirely. The system I have now seems to be holding up.

And yes, they ARE diffficult to put on a wall. I had sacrificed subwoofer power over clarity with this setup which is partially described below.

I was a music writer, using FL Studio for many years and since I got these speakers, I've noticed I have to tweak my tracks a lot to get them to work for other systems too. Where my speakers would handle to sheer bass power and seperate the tracks of mid and low, it wouldn't be the case for other speaker setups. As I said the power is there, but the ranges I use normally, aren't.

I used to have a Cyber Acoustics 5.1 system that was like 45 bucks. These speakers, though the sub didn't have much direct power, the range across the board was top notch.

I've never used up to date receivers or anything, that aren't really made specifically for PC setup.

Maybe I'm not up to snuff with what's all out there....it's always seemed difficult to get an ideal PC sound setup without spending scary amounts.

Edit: Essentially you're right about buying properly impede'ed speakers. Logitech isn't a good choice for this I don't think. The problem is with lower volume, the "speaker fill" effect just isn't there. Though the ranges by numbers are good, the impedence just drops the volume of some ranges or something.

11. Why didn t you use monitor speakers for that job? It s really dangerous use a system with sub for mixing soundtracks, due to bass behaviour.
    Btw I Need a simple 5.1 system, not loud system but Dynamic at low volume . I don t want during hear the subwoofer all around the house while the speakers aren t clearly audible. D
    For dynamic also mean not have to increase volume to hear low mid dynamics.

12. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

It was because my Cyber Acoustics system was so good that I just got used to it. The low volume pickup, the bass range even at low power and general "fill" effect at any volume. I just got used to it so much that when I needed a new system I just stuck with that. Once I got tired of hearing the "logitech" sound, I went to headphones, which ended up making things worse because my headphones pickup things really well, while certain Hz didn't on regular speakers.

I will admit I'm not very disciplined in the science behind sound, I just went with what sounded right to me. Then I'd test what I created on lower end speakers and slightly adjusted to that.
    I'm by no means a sound master, but I do feel good about my music nonetheless.

IDK if I'm allowed to link my soundcloud stuff here but I could send you a PM to it, just because :) I don't advertise, it's all just for listenin'.

The old cyber's are hard to find for PC specific setups. maybe ebay...

13. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

OP, I assumed early on the requirement you had was for a racing cockpit but you have not specifically mentioned your general usage if its for sim immersion, general gaming, or mostly for movies / music? As for speakers what size, do you also want or intend to use a subwoofer or already have one?

Knowing those factors, would help to better advsise you and also, do you have a budget? It really depends what you have in mind for general usage and to spend in what could be good reommendations.

If you want something more serious in quality then seperates is the way to go.
    Pioneer and Marantz both do SLIM mid range AV Recievers but your then going into £400/£600 price points before even considering speakers.

Smallish but good alround speakers like these are popular but shop around for better deals or even smaller satelite type speaker alternatives (if thats what you need/want)?

Kef Egg are in abundance on ebay 2nd hand. (good reputation and popular choice for years for many home cinema systems)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/142227419030?

https://www.qacoustics.co.uk/speaker-ranges

14. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

15. With RCA outputs do I Need Active speakers? I also have to put some extended cable through the wall for rear speakers.

16. It is a multi purpouse usage, I put front speakers on desk and rear mounted on the wall. Measure of speakers not too big, center and front can go for 5" also, while rear i prefer small ones.
    My intention is to have good Dynamic at low volume, where I Can Hear almost everything during the night.

17. The right and Easy solution seems to be a 5.1 speakers gaming setup stile with optical and RCA inputs, but dont no about amp quality and decoding, also about possibility to extend cables. Budget? The right compromise, of course under 1000€.

18. Q Acustics speakers seems to be good, expecially 3000 series, but I Can t see ohm specs and the price .. also how can I drive them good without a Classic a/v converter?

EDIT: the 3000 set speakers only cost 1000/1100€

19. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

Okay firstly that decoder shown above is just that, it has no amplification for standard speakers. To then buy 3x sets of decent powered speaker/monitors for it is more expensive and these are designed for stereo audio usage not for buying multiple sets for an AV surround configuration. Doing that brings additional issues like balancing all speaker volumes together manually (no remote) and requires power plugs for each pair of stereo monitors as well as long RCA cables for the rear speakers.

Again you highlight your desire for quality audio.
    If you want decent quality audio, buy a recognised quality brand and a product you can obtain reviews of from searches online.

Most "home audio" speakers these days (from the last several years) will be 6ohm-8ohm rated as will the amplification. The industry seems to of moved away from 4ohm for hifi/home cinema usage. Really nowadays 4ohm is mainly used in professional based stage/studio/dj or car audio products. It still is possible to find some models with 4ohm-16ohm ratings but these are more rare.

My advice would be to seek suitable amplifer first and buy the best to your preferences you can within your budget.

Even if you have to use it with buying 2 speakers first, then buying additional speakers later if you have a limited budget now.
    The Q 3000 are good for their size and nice speakers too, these will be better for music and general audio over a sub/sat system as you will get better mid range bass from each speaker and not relying on a single subwoofer.

Take a look at Marantz NR 1504 AV units they have done several models in recent years with the latest being the NR 1606 (great spec but not cheap).
    http://www.marantz.co.uk/uk/product...etheatre&subcatid=avreceiver&productid=nr1606

This replaced the NR 1506 model like the NR 1504 you may find at well reduced prices or on ebay. Superb amps with great specs and quality all crammed into a small package.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=marantz nr1506 av receiver&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=164978703828&hvpos=1t2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1509955666783824769&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045180&hvtargid=kwd-155888632346&ref=pd_sl_78arkbwc94_b

Example of multi award winning system within your budget.

http://exceptional-av.co.uk/marantz...p6W_ociMeDIgy6e-sFfV96MnKJ7-ac32MhhoC0IHw_wcB

Wall bracket mounts
    http://exceptional-av.co.uk/q-acoustics-3000wb-wall-bracket.html