1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Comparing the nordschleife. ac vs iracing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Dec 5, 2015.

1. If you watch his streams you'll see that the FFB is clipping all the time. I think the FFB is not very important to him.

I'm just talking about my experiences with sim softwares during my way from entry level hardware for high-end hardware and that is what I've learned. Believe it or not. It might be total bullsheit but there might also be some thruth in it. You have to make the choice. :)

2. Sorry, maybe the reason you keep repeating this over and over is to justify your high dollar wheel, not sure, but it sure as hell isn't true. Good for you that you are in a position to spend a couple grand on a wheel, I would spend it too if I had it; but quit posting over and over how you need that wheel in order to appreciate AC because it simply isn't true.

Robin_NL, Fear, esox71 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Good. I can also stay quiet and stop correcting that FFB in AC is not that bad people think. The reason why I've said is that I've been lucky enough to have a chance to experiment with entry, mid-range and ridiculously overkill hardware and therefore have some perspective how different hardware works. It just is the strenght and a weakness in AC. But as you wish.. :)

I'll promise you, I'll stay quiet in the future.. :)

Edit: Experimenting with Steer_assist (FFB linearity/gamma) value in car physics may be an eye opener. I hope this comes user adjustable in the future as this value has a big impact how cars will feel with different hardware.

SvenUilhoorn likes this.
  4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Oil William, oil:p

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Just in case someone missed it, mods interfered:

guys, last warning, DO NOT OPEN OFFICIAL CONTENT. From now it will be instaban, don't even ask why.

so talking about Nords is fine, but giving encrypted information away will be penalized by forum death. Nobody wants this for shure.
    Stay clean.

ears1991 likes this.
  6. Caleb Mils

Caleb Mils Gamer

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  7. esox71

esox71 Alien

Steering assist?
    Have know clue what file is or why your changing it, but maybe when picking your profile for wheel in settings this changes?

8. Game breaker.

Charges $15

Everybody knew that they purchased the cloud data for this track, and for the rest of the tracks yes, they have more quality and accuracy due to their scanning technique, which is also more expensive.

Not sure what's the point of calling others fanboys when your post is a brilliant example of fanboyism.

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  9. Skybird

Skybird Alien

2 x $15 ;)
    One for Nürburgring GP, one for Nordschleife.

10. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Is not a ludicrous thing. They are two separate tracks with two different types of racing. Is not Nordschleife divided in two, but are quite different tracks.

yusupov likes this.
  11. Stereo

Stereo Alien

It's a car.ini setting, it is meant to help compensate for cars with larger dynamic range of forces (eg. high-downforce cars), where making it linear would mean there's 0 ffb feeling on consumer wheels before 150km/h since downforce is proportional to speed squared, so if you have maximum FFB at 300km/h then you have 1/4 of that at half the speed (and less than 1/4 in practice if you've got it tuned to not clip) and basically nothing at all under 50km/h (1/10th of max, like turning FFB down from 80 to 8 in a non-downforce car).

12. Different tracks.

13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Some events use both tracks and use them as one, as you certainly know.

However, iR is an expensive party, imo. The general pricing leaves even Raceroom behind.

14. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I haven't played iR for about 1,5 years, so this problem still applies?
    I searched for iR RUF rwd street car drift video, and there was this one hilarious comment from iR fanboy >

"iRacing made the sliding/oversteering harder to control, too make the simulation more serious. iRacing is hard to master, because iRacing wants the sim racer to have a competitive simulation. so the sim racers can compete their racing skills to each other. And because its hard to master, people drive in it for years or even for ever and dont want any other racing simulation. Realistic physics ? Yes and No. Lets say the Physics are insanely well made, compared to real life physics. In realife you have much more time to correct a slide and your car has much more grip. sometimes its funny how easy it is in iRacing to spin out. But in the last update they added a new tire physics model. now you have a little bit more grip but its still not the same as in real life. All in all is iRacing the best racing simulator because its interesting and never bores you out."

15. The RUF RWD is really easy to drift, unless you weight transfer too hard, cause rear engine.

16. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Can you do this in iR? i am sure some iR freaks can, but every other random simracer?

I can drift easily in LFS, AC, rF2
    but in iR it's a frustration fest

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  17. That video is terrible, so many pointless point of views... But yeah, easily. I remember this one hosted at Zandvoort, I was drifting the entire track several laps in a row.

18. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

You are a freak William:)
    I have tired drifting RUF on a skid pad with super fast unrealistic steering rack, and it's still doesn't help, like @dauntless said "But god forbid if the rear steps out and the car just wants to spin so bad. It just wants to spin. It's not just dedicated, it's commited! And countersteering doesn't seem to work in iracing at all. Instead you need to saw your wheel left to right like madman just to have a hope in hell of saving the tiny meaningless slide you have gotten yourself into..."

Empty Box has even a term for that - "death wiggle"

So if you say drifting iR's RUF is easy
    then drifting AC's RUF is absolute arcade child play?

yusupov likes this.
  19. Clearly I'm gonna get EAC BAND for hacking.

so sed

20. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Show me a vid of drifting iR's rwd RUF @ Swedencreutz:p even Stefan Roser didn't have balls for taht

victor86 and esox71 like this.