1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Creating your own career - step by step

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Sguby, Oct 23, 2014.

1. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

; not sure what is expected here
    REQUIRES=

check out some of the stock content series, like t3, this should solve that for you.

; not sure of what is it
    [DYNAMIC_TRACK]
    PRESET=4
    SESSION_START=98
    RANDOMNESS=2
    LAP_GAIN=20
    SESSION_TRANSFER=98

This is dusty, fast, green, etc. Good luck on the values and some of their meanings.

; not sure of this
    [GROOVE]
    VIRTUAL_LAPS=10
    MAX_LAPS=30
    STARTING_LAPS=0

This would be the rate at which the rubber is laid down on the tarmac throughout the race. once again, good luck with the values.

and I BELIEVE you are incorrect about the AI level in the specific Opponent parameters.

[opponent_01]
    AI_LEVEL = 95

I believe this is 95% of the difficulty set in the [RACE] section.
    I think this is so you have some variance when "standardizing" the difficulty.
    I may be wrong.

Hope this can help you make this resource even better!

Deleted member 18758 and Sguby like this.
  2. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

One way to find out values like this is go into an quick race set the track to green/dusty - load it and close it and then look in the log what values it uses!
    That is how I found some settings for the sun/time!:)

3. Sguby

Sguby Gamer

Thanks!!!
    I got the value for the PRESET :
    Track surface : 0 = Dusty | 1 = Old | 2 = Slow | 3 = Green | 4 = Fast | 5 = Optimum
    For the rest it is another story because they are behind the scene values, I need Kunos helps on those ones I think..
    For the AI levels I'm not satisfied either, and it needs some more tests on what is touch and what is not, all this parameters are getting me mad!!!

EDIT : I've updated the files in the 1st post with track values

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    A.r.e.s. likes this.
  4. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

This is how I understand it roughly;)

SESSION_START=98
    The Grip at session start
    RANDOMNESS=2
    Randomness:)
    LAP_GAIN=20
    The Grip gained per lap
    SESSION_TRANSFER=98
    If session is restarted

But this can`t be in % or can it?

EDIT: The "REQUIRES=" is for when an new series are unlocked I think?
    Look in Series9 in the "series.ini" and you find "REQUIRES=series7" ;)

A.r.e.s. likes this.
  5. Sguby

Sguby Gamer

I must say that I don't have a clue on this :p but it looks weird if it is because i f you start with optimum surface with a SESSION_START at 100 (% ?) what is the point of having a lap gain !! Could the grip be better than 100%
    :eek:
    But, if you are on dusty, it's making sense... Quite tricky!!

6. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

I edited my post when you replied. but here it is again.....

The "REQUIRES=" is for when an new series are unlocked I think?
    Look in Series9 in the "series.ini" and you find "REQUIRES=series7" ;)

About track grip (I read that info somewhere) it,s hard to even think how they do this, as you also have to think that you have different Tire grip to add to it all!

Sguby likes this.
  7. Sguby

Sguby Gamer

Good point!!! I'll update the first post with it, thanks :)

8. AquaF1

AquaF1 Gamer

One thing I've found when messing with the dynamic track is that it seems to not function correctly. In fact from my testing only lap gain actually works.

For example, I was testing having the session start at 90% track grip but it would never follow this and often I would get 94% or around there. Perhaps its because I had set the preset to a green track which overwrote, I dunno. Session transfer doesn't work even at a value of 100, the grip always gets reset back to around whatever the preset is. However, this could be because I use the skip session button. More testing is required I think. :)

Sguby likes this.
  9. Sguby

Sguby Gamer

I've updated the files in 1st post with new victory conditions, pretty obvious but missed them :
    [CONDITION_X]
    ; TIME / POINTS / POSITION / AI

10. Sguby

Sguby Gamer

Another update in the files for the time of day, half hours were missing :
    -80 = 08:00 | -72 = 08:30 | -64 = 09:00 | -56 = 09:30 | -48 = 10:00 | -40 = 10:30 | -32 = 11:00 | -24 = 11:30 | -16 = 12:00 | -8 = 12:30 | 0 = 13:00 | 8 = 13:30 | 16 = 14:00 | 24 = 14:30 | 32 = 15:00 | 40 = 15:30 | 48 = 16:00 | 56 = 16:30 | 64 = 17:00 | 72 = 17:30 | 80 = 18:00

Bailey likes this.
  11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

They already said the final career in official 1.0 will get more laps per race because by then they'll have pit stops for AI. Right now without fuel off, AI can only do 10 laps in average.

12. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Gamer

Tha
    Thanks an awful lot. This is truly exciting. I LOVE to create custom championships... this is just great. Now let the AI fight more for track position and everything is set.

You can also fill all 24 Pits or is there a limit?

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Racer

Yup, that solved it, thanks. Pit stops would be cool, but TBH until Kunos has pit stop presets & you can change the options on the fly, they are a little useless- esp. against AI. While I am hurrying to get to my mouse and choose what I want done the clock is ticking and those seconds will lose the race. The AI probably won't have that issue. But 14-25 laps with no pit stop is a nice length on most tracks for a race.

14. Jebus

Jebus Alien

That sounds awesome! I think I have start doing some stalking of you so I won't miss it if/when you come up with this.

15. Sguby

Sguby Gamer

Haven't tried, but I guess that it depends on the number of pits in the track. I'm not sure that every track has 24 pits, have they ?

16. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Gamer

Uhh, I really don't know. I always try to fill the grid to the max and afaik I could never have more than 24 cars. Will look after it when I have time next week.

17. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

It`s a GUI bug, if it`s scripted to do 30, then its still 30 if done right.

Don't forget to refuel between sessions ;) ;)

18. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

Is there an option to set a setup in career events? When I did my Endurance Pack Special Events Series a long way back now, I created new setups for the AI with full tanks of gas, which allowed for 30-40 lap races.

If there is such an option, you can create a default setup for the track, then add fuel. Save it in systems/setups/[car] and set the name of your file in any SETUP= parameter, if there is one.

19. Sguby

Sguby Gamer

Hi, there is a setup option in the event.ini files (check first post the attached zip contains a default one) :

[CAR_0]
    SETUP=
    MODEL=-
    SKIN=orange_grey
    DRIVER_NAME=Manuel Darin
    NATIONALITY=Italy

The thing is I haven't tried yet to use it to check wether you can put your setting or not :D

20. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Racer

I changed the RD gt3 career to include the gt3 porsche and the gt3 Camaro as well as the TUSC DP. The races are set up to be about 1 hour long. I set fuel consumption to off fir now but I'm wondering how my PC will handle a 26 car grid with so many models.

Kunos will fix the AI pitting thing then with fixed setups i can force pit stops too which will be cool.

Sguby likes this.