1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Credits after clicking exit infuriating

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by speedbee, May 9, 2015.

1. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

So, one thing I'd like you guys to address is the credits rolling after we click the exit button.

The exit button should be just that. A button that closes the game and takes you to the desktop. After I am done with assetto corsa, I don't want to watch the credits, I want the game to close so I can do other stuff.

It's pointless, senseless and really bad design. I have NO problem whatsoever you putting the credits anywhere else, at any other time, (save in the middle of driving) but for gods sake, have some mercy. Don't make me watch the credits after I have chosen to stop playing assetto.

NO other game does it, NO other application does it, and no other website does it. Android, IOS, Mac, windows... there is no single program that I know off that will make you watch credits after you have specifically told that program to shut down.

Well... Okay I'm done with my rant. It probably wont have any effect, but at least i got to tell you what I thought about that.

ohyeah2389, MrDoku, Rosko and 31 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Spam-clicking on credits screen causes it to re-brighten Dec 28, 2019
    ACC User Interface Wrong name in credits Jul 15, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds End Credits Dec 22, 2017
    Chit Chat Room kunos Credits Aug 8, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Kunos featured in the crew's credits Jan 4, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Exiting Game: credits screen takes too long to get to desktop. May 21, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game returns to main menu after clicking start engine (GPU is supported) Nov 30, 2022
    ACC General Discussions ACC isn't clicking for me Jun 8, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.0.8 MP crash clicking Drive at race start Sep 16, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Loss of controls after viewing a replay / UI remains after clicking drive Jun 3, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Fatal error: clicking Video menu with NVIDIA Mosaic enabled May 31, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Game freezes when clicking Advanced Tab Mar 14, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer (v0.6.2) multiplayer game crash when clicking on "drive" Mar 8, 2019
    ACC Audio Wiper sound when ESC and clicking continue or Restart(or in general when Jaguar spawns) Jan 17, 2019
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Display race's live timing leaderboard using a key on steering wheel, instead of clicking GUI menu? Jul 5, 2018

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I just spam the buttons on my mouse and it skips the credits. You see a little but its fast, 5 sec top.

julianpr0 and Quffy like this.
  4. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

Are you sure it's that much of an issue ?

click yes/no

I made this comment

Brought to you by my keyboard & fingers

;p

Defo takes all power out of alt/f4 & kills the fun of a good old rage quit .

snyperal likes this.
  5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Just minimise,...you don't HAVE TO WATCH anything,...

LATE4APEX

Quffy likes this.
  6. It's good to let off steam now and again. Even kettles do it.

7. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

Ever ran rFactor or LFS? :p

Some others do it too, and yes it is always annoying, even if it is just a couple of extra clicks to skip through it.

speedbee likes this.
  8. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Exactly, minimize the game and it will close by itself. How you do skip credits at the cinema? You leave the room, unless you were watching a Marvel's movie, there you want to stay a bit until the surprise appears!

Spamming with the mouse button will also close it faster, but not the Nissan part. Even though doesn't matter, just minimize the game and will close by itself quickly.

9. alex72

alex72 Alien

You know what i really hate? The multitude of games that forces you to watch crap BEFORE playing... :mad: Every single partner: nvidia, havok, physX and yata yata yata. No button to skip... GET ON WITH IT ALREADY, DAUMN!! :eek: :D Seeing that a game uses Havok physics engine wont turn me into a developer and order their package. Im just a little gamer gaddamit! :confused:

Kunos end creds i have thought of for sure while spamming my mouse, but not to the point it has made me mad - yet. :p

ohyeah2389, Fear, mistery and 9 others like this.
  10. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

One firm left click in the very center of the screen as the credits start to roll will shut it down. This has been a recurring issue in various builds of AC and after updates they have often had to patch back in the ability to dismiss the credits (or sometimes even to get out of the game). It's odd.

11. Thanks Nissan

Blamer, mrsmr2, nate and 2 others like this.
  12. Kevin Wolfe

Kevin Wolfe Racer

I find the credits somewhat annoying. it'd be better if they rolled until i clicked ONCE.

Epocx and nate like this.
  13. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Uh? I never exit Assetto Corsa.:D

Honestly I LIKE how quick it is when you LAUNCH the game (I checked the option to skip the video).
    On exit, well I click and it takes just a few seconds. What is exactly the problem with that?

I guess one area of improvement could be loading tracks/cars but well the Nords+10 different cars is a lot of stuff..

snyperal likes this.
  14. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Agreed with the OP. Not getting equally mad about it tho.

15. Dennis Neo

Dennis Neo Racer

Yep,

made similar thread some time ago.

16. Dennis Neo

Dennis Neo Racer

Yep,

made similar thread some time ago.

17. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Yep, now we have two exit screens one with credits and another with copyrights and have to click mouse twice. Does it really have to be this way?:mad:

ohyeah2389 and Ray HT like this.
  18. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Agree, it's like 10 mouse clicks to get out.. It's not first world problem, but it's these 'little' things that are getting on my nerves the most :)

19. According to Nissan, yes, sadly.

20. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

Shift credits screen to a seperate little icon in the launcher like many other games and apps have. Exit the game when the user wants to exit. All parties are happy.

ohyeah2389 likes this.
  21. Nissan: "do you want the Nismo GT in AC?"
    AC Community: "yes, please!"
    Nissan: "Right, well STFU then"

** AC Community members grumble, and wander off...... **