1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Crew Chief Beta

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Thx1137, Jul 21, 2019.

1. @Jim Britton
    It's useful for CC?
    Changelog 1.0.7:
    - Added all cars' locations to shared memory.
    - Added electronics channels to shared memory, in particular TC, TC Cut, ABS, fuel cons, engine map, exhaust temps, lights and wipers stages.

pons likes this.
  2. aaaape

aaaape Racer

can't tell the front from the back since I'm always spinning

3. Jeremy86

Jeremy86 Gamer

Can confirm, new update all cars are rear wheel drive!! Lmao

Heard your “fronts are spinning” maybe two times in an hour race. Hahaha

aaaape likes this.
  4. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

@Jim Britton
    Is with v1.07 spotter available or do you need more data in shared memory?

After_Midnight likes this.
  5. Jim Britton

Jim Britton Hardcore Simmer

Does anyone know if there is any documentation for the 1.07 API changes and where to find it?

6. XettMan likes this.
  7. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Thank you Jim, that you will continue integration of ACC stuff into CrewChief.

F1Aussie and After_Midnight like this.
  8. Jim Britton

Here's another beta with the spotter stuff wired up - note that this *only* works with ACC 1.07 beta.

I've not tested this online and I don't expect it to work online, but offline it appears to be OK. Note that there's no documentation (yet) for the shared memory changes so some of the assumptions in this release about how the shared data works WRT car positions and IDs might be incorrect. Use at your own risk and please provide feedback :p

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4-4.9.8.14_beta.msi

LeiF, Hobi, Luis Branco and 10 others like this.
  9. Many many thanks mate. :)
    Would it be useful if I try to record a online session?

10. Jim Britton

Not sure - last time I checked the online data had a pretty fundamental issue where the shared memory numCars disagreed with the UDP number of cars, which entirely breaks the app. But maybe 1.07 fixes this so it's probably worth a try

11. VROOM!

VROOM! Rookie

Its so good to have it working in single player. As you said, there's nothing at all in multiplayer.
    Thanks again for grafting away on this.

12. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

Clare is back.....:)

Thank you!!

Hobi, XettMan and After_Midnight like this.
  13. I'm sorry. I don't know why but I'm still unable to record an online session :(
    I think I'm doing all thing right but after hitting "Stop and Save trace" nothing happened.

14. Qu4S4R

Qu4S4R Rookie

1.07 patch yesterday and today CrewChief spotter working... So much more fun racing, unbelievable! Many thanks.

15. Jim Britton

nothing happens because the app's broken in online races. It looks at the shared mem numCars value and if this doesn't match size of the driver data list it got from the UDP data, it requests the UDP driver list again. But because the shared mem is wrong here the app just keeps requesting the UDP driver list so never actually does anything useful. So just being unable to get the app to dump a file when online means the data are still broken

16. That's what I thought :(
    But it's work great offline. Beside a "pit window open" message.
    Great job mate :) immersive

17. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Quite an odd question, what differences (ie. words / verbal output) do the ‘chief’ and ‘spotter’ have? And is it possible to have a single voice for all (obviously aside from ‘Jim’ for both). First time tried another spotter voice and its sometimes quite weird to hear 2 different voices in a session.

Thanks for this work, Jim!

18. Jim Britton

what's wrong with the pit window open message? From the data it appears to be wired up so ought to be working

the spotter and chief can be set to the same voice (Jim)

19. edcoronag

edcoronag Gamer

I tested it in practice sessions and it's working fine, mostly.

Car status seems OK, except for reporting worn tires when they are new, and also "lots" of front wheel spinning.

Making the racing experience much better. So excited to have a full and polished version of this!

Thanks for this, Jim and everyone involved!

20. In a 30min race with a 10min pit window the message came up about 5min too early.

I got the idea to join a off. Kunos server. (1.0.7 server hopefully) and I was able to record a debugLogs
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/x4ynfgt3tk13evt/debugLogs.rar/file
    So it might be related to the new server version too.

I really hope it will be useful. Otherwise we've to wait for Kunos.
    I don't think this documentation (AC) is still up to date:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/shared-memory-reference-25-05-2017.3352/

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019