1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Crew Chief Beta

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Thx1137, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Jim Britton

Jim Britton Hardcore Simmer

thanks for the data, but it's a bit limited with a single participant. It appears that the shared memory's completedLaps variable is always 0, and probably some other stuff isn't working so I suspect the CC issue with online races is down to something being broken in the data sent by the game, but it's hard to be sure

After_Midnight likes this.
  2. My plan was to provide two online sessions.
    One as a single participant and one of a full server. For unknown reason the second one was not recorded.
    I'll provide the second one ASAP.

Thank You :)

Jim Britton likes this.
  3. Turbo_Dad

Turbo_Dad Racer

Hi, tested while repro traces running, in single player race and multiplayer races with opponents. Messages from CC during single player , but no messages in multiplay.
    Logs link below. Recorded a video as well if any help.
    Never used CC before so not sure what to expect, but single player seems to give a nice selection of messages.
    Thought that having some guy in your ear during the race would be off putting, far from it, very impressed with the immersion, and adds a whole other dimension to racing . Good job mate 10/10, but more swearing required :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rh5F7qA52fG51cq0l0kBqLXK__1P69tZ

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Romneyb and After_Midnight like this.
  4. Jim Britton

so is this log from a single or multiplayer race?

[edit]

i see now, 2 single and 1 multiplayer race :)

5. Turbo_Dad

Turbo_Dad Racer

It was single player quali then race, then joined a couple of different multiplayer servers, 1st missed race start so joined another server, did quali, then started from pits.

6. Jim Britton

looks like the UDP (broadcast) data has a different number of cars in it compared to the shared memory data, so the app always thinks it needs to update its participant data. As far as I can see, the UDP data is correct and the shared memory data is incorrect. However, we use the shared memory data to sanity check the UDP data - if the shared memory data disagrees with the last UDP data we received, we assume our view of the participants is out of data and request it again via the UDP API before allowing the app to continue. But because shared memory is incorrect for online sessions the 2 data sources never agree and CC doesn't work.

So this isn't fixable for online races, it's just broken data.

Thanks for the trace Turbo_Dad

XettMan and After_Midnight like this.
  7. Turbo_Dad

Turbo_Dad Racer

All is not lost! Just on a cp server and it's working I think,some data but not as much will upload trace after race

8. Turbo_Dad

Turbo_Dad Racer

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GG0R-GsVhqKggqFOG5eFK6ZyyUO1ZNx9

Joined a competition multiplayer server, ran quali then the race. Was getting sector time deltas from CC.
    Started the race and got a few messages before unfortunately I span out, stopped, got collected by another car and got sent in to orbit and didn't come back down.
    Couldn't return to the pits as the car continued to fly and would not come to stop. Escape key did nothing. Never had this before in ACC

And no, thank you for trying to sort this out without the data you really need!
    Can test any specific circumstances you want tonight , just shout dude

9. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Welcome to BugFest 2019! Someone will come along shortly to yell at you for not posting logs.

10. Like promised I tried to record a new multiplayer session but again no files were created after the stop&save button :(

That would be a shame for multiplayer only like me :(

11. Jim Britton

guys, i think i'm going to take a step back from this for a bit and see what Kunos come up with - the data in 1.06 are making it an uphill struggle. Thanks for the debug traces and the support, we'll get there in the end, just not with the currently available data

swigaffu, Turbo_Dad, bgil66 and 2 others like this.
  12. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Thank you for your hard work. Hope Kunos will keep supporting you and together you can iron out the issues.

Romneyb and After_Midnight like this.
  13. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Welcome to "Uphill Struggle 2019"! Throw another log on the fire!

14. ^^ This :cool:
    ???

Romneyb likes this.
  15. toold

toold Gamer

works great so far, much better than the other pre-released or called released programs (ACC) :).
    only i miss my Clair at the moment :)

XettMan likes this.
  16. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Clair's the best.:)

17. Jim Britton

What it lads, that's my missus :p

Romneyb, Hobi, Tiger Feet and 2 others like this.
  18. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Does it mean your wife?

19. Jim Britton

I meant "watch it". Of course she's my wife :)

20. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

I can't say anything more apart from it's a must have app for me in ACC now.

Thanks Jim and the best of luck with the development of Crew Chief.