1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Default cars

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Heath82, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Heath82

Heath82 Gamer

hey guys, i’m looking for people that want to race without setting up cars. I’m kinda tired to see everyone faster than me even though i try to keep a good driving line, just because I sucks at setting up. I’d want to have a race where driving skills make the difference and realize what hotlaps people get with a totally default car. If someone is interested about, please add me on ps4. My nickname is carmine_alessia

THERAYaka and paul_wev like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Default Cockpit view settings for GT4 cars with excessive pitch Jul 18, 2020
    General modding discussion Add step-versions to default cars Sep 4, 2015
    Chit Chat Room What was the default cars and tracks installed Mar 2, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Setup question. AI cars always use default setup? May 27, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Is there any way to know what cars use TC/ABS by default? Nov 12, 2013
    XBox One Discussions Restore AC restore car default setup Dec 16, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Which setup does the AI use in ACC? Is it the default setup or a different one? Nov 24, 2022
    ACC User Interface Default keyboard shortcuts not working Nov 19, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Can you change default car setups using Content Manager? Nov 3, 2022
    ACC Gameplay [1.8.11] Starting on wet tires causes tire change to be unchecked by default in pit menu Mar 11, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No default controls presets on clean install Jan 6, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DEFAULT FOV? Dec 26, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Previous Special Events Set to Default Dec 20, 2021
    ACC Physics Tyre sets and telemetry laps in M4 GT3 default setups Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Wrong value in "defaultGridPosition" in the entrylist generate from server Aug 30, 2021

3. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

you might get really disappointed as aliens can be quicker 2 , 3 seconds that you even with baseline setup

4. Heath82

Heath82 Gamer

Yeah aliens definitely are gonna be faster than me, but at least everyone is gonna have the same possibilities during the race. It’s frustrating getting overcome on straight just because people that are good at tuning, tweak gears and wings. I’m curious to see how they drive a default car.

5. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Those people might also be better at accelerating on corner exit and overtake you anyways, just as a warning. But a level playing field (default setup) is a good start to compare skills.

6. Heath82

Heath82 Gamer

Maybe my post sounded like a challenge, but it wasn’t!! I don’t wanna look confident but it’s clear that some hotlaps in my race comes out from tuned cars! Sometimes i go to the pit and watch the fastest guys, their cars behave totally different. On my last race in laguna seca i got 1:27. I’m aware that i still have a lot to learn but i’m pretty sure that even an alien can barely get 1:25 using default cars. I can accept +2 sec. But in my last race i got on 10th place, the fastest got 1:19!! And in race the same people could easily overtaken and disappear and I couldn’t even get slipstream because they were clearly faster on straight since their tuning. My post wasn’t a challenge, i’d just want to race with people using default cars to see what happens

7. As a personal opinion, I would like more a fixed setup than a default one. Provided that Aris' setups are usually very good, the problem is that they are simmetric, whilst in many tracks you need to have varied tyres' pressures to cope with the track's turns (eg: at Imola you want left side with more pressure, especially front axle, because of counterclockwise track layout, at Monza instead you want the right side with more pressure). Not a matter of personal taste, it wouldn't be that important, but having a car correctly set-up for a given track gives the chance of learning new things and a better driving experience. I hate when 2 tyres stay cold and 2 goes too hot :D The same could be applied to camber; Gear ratio, wings, suspensions would be important too. But I think a good tyres pressure could be a decent starting point.
    How to do that? A fixed setup can be set in the server configuration by the server host, so that everyone is driving the very same car, but at least all can drive something reasonably correct for the track.
    Edit: opssss, so sorry. Thought it was about AC Pc version, no idea if the same applies to PS4, my bad.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018