1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Doing driving lessons :s

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShimonART, Jul 8, 2015.

1. burrito

burrito Alien

Funny story about this :D

Most people don't get out of 2nd gear on their first lesson (not saying that's a bad thing by any means)

I broke the speed limit within my first hour... I'll never forget the instructor's comments afterwards :p

And yes, the G27 is nothing like a real steering wheel but honestly, although my speeding was obviously not recomended :D it did show me how much confidence I had straight out of the box because of driving on a sim. It's not the same as real life but things like observation (public servers @spa are good practice) and car control are things that a lot of new drivers lack completely. So take AC driving with a pinch of salt but it's a good tool before driving in real life :)

2. Vibe Style

Vibe Style Racer

If you want know how to drive car...don´t worry, practice in AC is good way. Choose a similar car to "your" real training/learning car, set right FFB, shifter and other things to "as much as possible to real" and practice/ no race :D but "normal" drive. Yes it´s never by as real but most important is: you must not think what to do with pedals, shifter, wheel and turn signals...you must do it automatically without thinking on it and than you can focus to traffic, rules, mirrors...So if you practice a lot you can learn it soon if not yet ;)

burrito likes this.
  3. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Well, forget (or at least try to forget) everything that a racing game/sim has taught you. Start fresh and take your time to learn. Hell, it took me quite a while until I got the whole clutch under control and knew when to downshift.
    The key thing is that the more you drive, the better you'll become. Everything in the beginning seems very hard to do and you're really focussing on every single aspect but the more you drive it'll be more of a habit and you'll start doing everything without realising it.
    Just make sure your instructor teaches you well enough and explains everything well enough. I had the luck that my instructor was very good and knew how to teach people how to drive.

Oh, and don't spend any money on another wheel. As I said above, the more you drive, the more natural everything will feel and you'll be able to transition between playing AC or any other sim and driving IRL without any problems.
    However, I do advise to not play a racing game just before you leave and drive somewhere, you might feel the need to drive really fast on the road. (Been there, done that. BAD IDEA!) :p

4. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Just for fun...
    ...when I was young and I was good at racing games (damn fps they ruined my pilot career) I didn't passed my driving exam because I was "too fast and driving like I was in a race track" for my instructor. This happened, because the night before I raced at pc. Now I turned back to simracing after years and I drive like an 90 year old man without an eye and one hand left after civil war...because I take the good habits of safe real life driving even in game...except the last time I tryed a oculus rift...don't go out with your car after a vr experience...never...lol.

Jez, AlBahner and burrito like this.
  5. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

thank you for all the comments guys :] iam on my third lesson , already did reverse parking uphill starts and what not . 25 lessons to go :(
    and the reason why i didnt do license till now because i was fine with public transport and because its really expensive to do and also cars are really really expensive here .
    getting license can get up to 1000 to 1500 $ here.

6. MrGiggly

MrGiggly Racer

Sim racing will help with your co-ordination, but it won't help with muscle memory unless your pedals, wheel and shifter have the same feel as a RL car, which unless your using high end load cell pedals, a DD wheel and a sim that models low speed well, which most don't, won't be anywhere near.

Been driving for 25 years and everytime I go karting with my mates it takes a good 5-10 mins to adjust back to my car (which I'm very familiar with) on the journey home.

Don't worry about it, it will all click into place over time. We're very good at learning from our mistakes and adapting, (well most of us).

You're instructor is there to guide you and make sure those mistakes are conducted in a safe controlled manner.

7. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

...1500$ would be the prison caution you will pay for stealing a ferrari and driving it as a fool in residential area in my country...I would try this option if I was you...one car,one driving lesson, one experience...no driving exam but meeting good people until police release me lol

Btw, don't be sad, take your time, being a good driver could be usefull and helpfull even if you prefer public trasport...

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  8. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Just a random thought.... shuffle steering is dodgy at best. Slower reaction times, and only really works on an automatic. hand over hand or one single hand will always beat it. Plus, imagine parking with that technique? It would look silly at best. Flies away :p

9. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

Drive it like you stole it. Examiners love that, especially going backwards.

youwerelucky likes this.