1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

EDtracker and Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Sleeper Service, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Nao

Nao Alien

How does the head tracking work in AC, is it connected to RxRyRz of the car, or is the pitch (and maybe roll too) connected to world's rotation axis? Ie: if i keep my head perfectly still will it be like driving with "lock to horizon" on ? It's hard to judge that definitely from videos...
    Thinking about trying this thing, but I'm a bit scared it will be too tiring for me as, as my eyes tire quite a bit in the "normal" car-connected cams when driving stiff racecars that pitch a lot over bumps.

sherpa25 likes this.
  2. Torcano

Torcano Alien

I hate lock to horizon too Nao, ED Tracker's head is connected to car so if you keep your head still it will be perfectly still and won't move with the world. I have a weak head too so I get easily dizzy like a proper scrub but I didn't have any such issues with this one so far. Although I wouldn't take my 1st Vette video seriously, that thing was an uncalibrated mess where I took the EDTracker out for a test for the very first time to see if it even works at all... so the movements are quite a bit stiff and springy. But my 2nd vid with the 458 GT2 is perfectly calibrated, so that would be the one I'd say is a proper use case scenario. :p

All the pitch yaw and roll curves are completely customizble so you can have it configured as a constant tracker like I got it going or use it as a look left/right button by simply setting a big deadzone for the early part of the yaw curve, so it will only activate if you move your head a lot. All in your hands how you want to use it pretty much. ^-^

Nao likes this.
  3. Nao

Nao Alien

@Torcano Hehe, you misunderstood me there, i actually like the "lock to horizon thingy" because it makes the world (stuff eyes are concentrating on) stable, producing less strain :p - It might be less realistic but we don't have g-forces acting on inner ear that helps with eye stabilization IRL and lock to horizon kind of works in place of that...
    But regardless, if you have a weak head and do well with ED then even thou i might have different type of weak head it might ok here too. Also great to hear about good customization, so thanks a lot for the input! :)

4. Torcano

Torcano Alien

@Nao Hehe sorry for my mixup. But yeah, for some reason I always got a bit queezy when running with lock to horizon for some reason... something about that gentle bobbing that just does my head in. I personally run with all in car movements at zero for my strain free driving experience. And tbh, I find EDTracker to be more useful for flight sims because most of the time you are rolling and flying on your sides so following the monitor while making vertical head movements is far easier compared to how we have to scan horizontally in car sims.

But I'll go try and test it with lock to horizon and see if it works with it and report back. xD

5. Nao

Nao Alien

Yup zero g-forces are must for me too :D Interesting point on the vertical-horizontal head movement difference. It definitely feels a bit more problematic to follow the screen while rotating head horizontally.
    I don't think i'd want to do a serious race with head tracking but just for messing around on Nordschleife or some drift sessions where i have to crank FOV to 60° (on standard 16:9 screen) to see where i'm supposed to go which is very much suboptimal haha. This would be where EDtracker would shine regardless of aforementioned difficulties I guess :D

Did you run some kind of deadzone with the second video footage (GT2)? Becasue unlike some footage from the VR, yours have this kind of start-stop kind of movements. If that's the case, isn't it hard on your inner ear/eyes to run this kind of filtering (deadzones, gammas etc)?

As for flight sims, i'm a bit off the loop on that, but definitely gonna try this with Condor if i get it. Keeping positional awareness while centering thermals will probably be a breeze with this :)

EDIT: ohhhh forgot about ETS2 that would be amazing with ED xD too, gotta dust off that gem sometimes.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  6. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Totally, I don't use EDTracker for races. Just for cruising around pretty much, and it's more useless for me in AC since I already run triples. The main driving sim I use it for is ETS2/ATS since I find it to be a ton more useful in that case. :p

And yeah, I do run a teeny tiny deadzone just so that when I want to look straight and not goof around, the game doesn't dart around with my every small head movement and break the concentration. So in a sense I have to be a little bit deliberate on my initial movement but after the first small deadzone everything is 1:1. Can remove the deadzone completely but that would only work when I'm running a head mounted display and the screen is moving with my head. :D

Nao likes this.
  7. Hi

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I cannot get my EDTracker working with AC. The tracker is the pre built pro version and set up and working fine in Project Cars. I installed opentrack and configured it as per this thread. When I start AC, I go into control options and it sees the the EDTracker and the bars move depending on head movement. However, if I load a race, nothing moves. Do I have to bind the tracker? I can't seem to assign it to view controls. Also it works fine without opentrack running, still shows the EDTracker input next to the steering wheel in the control screen.

Thanks for any help in advance

Andy

8. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

I'll have a look through my setup on Sunday night when I finish my weekend shift and catch up with it and let you know if I find anything. Haven't run it for a while myself so I guess I need to see if there are any issues.

You shouldn't need to do anything once Opentrack and the EDtracker UI are running. I just got in the car and once there I could look around. It will take over the Look Left/Right buttons so if you have anything mapped to them maybe try clearing them.

I'll get back to you with more on Sunday evening if that's OK

WillyMcFlapper likes this.
  9. Ah man, I'm an idiot. Works just fine when view is in helmet mode :D. Shame I cant use it in any other mode, as I don't like helmet view :(.

10. Sleeper Service

:D

Shame though, after all you're simulating driving a car so sat in the drivers seat is where you ought to be. No disrespect :)

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  11. Yeah you're right of course, I'll have to try and get used it :). At least it's working. Need to work on setting up the curves in opentrack though for more centre deadzone.

12. Sleeper Service

I run on triple screen so the EDtracker is set up so that I just look at each screen. If I want to know what's on my right I look at the right screen etc.. with a single screen it's a little more difficult as you can't move your head too much without having to move your eyes in the opposite direction which isn't all that natural. You'll probably have to spend some time setting some curves up but you'll get there and it will become quite natural after a while. GL with it ;)

13. Sleeper Service

Wireless version of EDTracker is still in the works but is a reality.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  14. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

i have some ED Trackers for sale if anyone wants one?

15. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

I have Edtracker and I can get it to work fine in AC, but for some reason it stops my assigned buttons on wheel from working, anyone got a clue how to cure this?

16. Rostovic

Rostovic Rookie

Hi Gopher04 ,
    I wondered if you ever found a solution for this issue , recently bought one and have this issue in ac , works fine in acc .
    With me it seems that its only looking bakwards and i am not able to change pitch in the onboard settings .
    Greetings

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/527980583?filter=archives&sort=time

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/527982255