1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Endurance race with possible rain: what setup?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Zenzenzic, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Zenzenzic

Zenzenzic Gamer

I'm 3 hours into a 6 hour race at Bathurst with random weather enabled (60% variability). P1 was overcast, P2 saw light rain, Q was overcast. During the race it has started raining twice. Both showers lasted about 10 min and in total I'd say about 45 min out of the 3 hours so far warranted wet tyres.

I went for the wet preset setup at the start of the race. Perfectly fine during and right after the showers, but I'm losing time to the AI (99% skill, 100% aggr) as soon as the track gets dry.

Should I have done anything different here? Should I have toned down the wet preset somehow? Or was the safe preset the way to go? How does one prepare a setup for an endurance race with conditions that might tip over into rain?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Gold medal endurance races Mar 25, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Endurance Race Entry List, please fix! May 7, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashes in MP endurance race UE4 & Physics (12h) Mar 12, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Declassification on endurance races Jan 6, 2022
    ACC Gameplay AI weirdness on endurance races Nov 2, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Endurance race: one team joined as '888' instead of their entrylist # Apr 24, 2021
    ACC Gameplay scaling of driver stinttime in endurance races Mar 10, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room sirsebi.de Rookie Team Endurance Race Mar 7, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos "ENDURANCE: The Documentary about Porsche at the Two Toughest GT Races in the World." Jan 20, 2021
    XBox One Discussions Game crashes at finish line in Endurance Races Jan 17, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Warnings in endurance races Dec 17, 2020
    ACC Gameplay not all Cars in Championchip Endurance Race Dec 6, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Endurance races and weather forecast. Oct 1, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Rating osbervation in endurance races. Aug 31, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Xbox Series, Hot Laps, Fun Races, Endurance Events and More.. Aug 11, 2020

3. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

I would go with safe setup, and adjust TC/ABS as needed during the race.

4. If its mostly dry conditions > dry set up with rain tyre pitstrat and added TC.
    Drive at X% of usual cornerspeed while wet and adjust brake markers if needed.

If its mostly wet conditions > wet set up with dry tyre pit strat. Maybe adjust brake vents in order to keep your rain tyres cooler while the track is drying.

Not sure if this is META, but it works for me.
    Its always a guessing game tho, much as it is in real life.

5. Zenzenzic

Zenzenzic Gamer

Thanks for the input, everyone. Did some more testing yesterday and you are right. For a mostly dry race with intermittent rain (up to and including medium rain), the wet setup is definitely not the right choice. The aggressive preset with a bit less camber, a bit softer rear ARB and +2 mm ride height in front seemed to be the best suited overall, combined with the usual adjustments to TC, ABS and brake bias when it actually starts raining.

6. Creegz

Creegz Racer

Typically +2mm ride height front and back is the most critical thing to change if rain is in the cards. The ARB change is really helpful but if you're uncertain of the car in dry conditions with that then you can get away without it. When I make a race setup I have a few pit strategies with wet tires/pressures to match the conditions I set up for - usually pit stop 30-35.

The_Bad_Fasterd likes this.