1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Eyefinity users... Post you performance here.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Porscheman, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Porscheman

Porscheman Rookie

Hello all,

I just purchased AC yesterday and only ran about a 1/2 hour of testing with poor FPS results so far. See my signature below for my PC specs. As you can see I am getting really low frame rates (11 fps at times). I did notice after reading some posts and seeing some videos this morning, that there are some tweeks I can make. I was just enjoying AC as much as I could yesterday for that short 1/2 hour I had.

I did see someone with a triple screen video

He was saying he is getting 100 FPS. Would be great if he posted his setting here.

Please post you Eyefinity settings here. This will help many people with triple screen setup.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds To eyefinity users (preset problem) Mar 13, 2017
    ACC Troubleshooting AMD / Eyefinity / FXAA May 29, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC on 3 screens with eyefinity 2 x R9 280 Sep 19, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Eyefinity with different width LCDs Feb 13, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Eyefinity problem. Nov 8, 2014
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa, Lotus Evora - Silverstone Multi-Display ( Eyefinity POV ) May 7, 2014
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa - Pagani Zonda R - Imola - Eyefinity 5760x1080 HD May 6, 2014
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Car configuration page almost blank on 7680x1440 eyefinity Apr 15, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Wrong monitor used in 3-monitor Eyefinity mode. Dec 29, 2013
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues flickering with eyefinity Nov 11, 2013
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    ACC Hardware Discussions Call to VR PICO headset users Nov 6, 2023
    ACC Audio Audio pops (need confirmation from other users) Jan 1, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Open question to Thrustmaster users Dec 12, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Restrict specific cars to specific users in AC Server Jun 10, 2021

3. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

Hi,
    after messing around with video settings this is the best compromise for me and my system:

GraphicSettings.jpg
    I set CatalystControlCenter to use ingame settings, but if i end the CCC process in taskmanager i canĀ“t notice any difference.
    With the settings in the picture it stays at 60fps and the motion is smooth 99% of the time, red line is flat on Fps-App.
    There are still a few single standstills for ca. 0.5sec every now and then. Shadows and green crash barriers have stairs and are still flickering.

With Vsync enabled + HDR disabled i get 30fps. Image stutters while cornering. Red line is like Zickzack.jpg
    WithVsync enabled + HDR enabled i get 50fps. Image stutters while cornering. Redline is almost flat.
    Without Vsync my system does 60-80fps but it stutters while cornering like you would expect from under 30fps. Red line is flat.

Porscheman likes this.
  4. xrider55

xrider55 Racer

I noticed that when V-sync is on I don't get full GPU usage even that I'm getting 45fps. When I turn off v-sync I get 98% GPU usage and much more fps, so try turning off v-sync and keep default settings in the catalyst control panel...
    I'm using gigabyte R9 280X but this cards is so bad in many games that I think I'm going to buy GTX780 this week.

5. Porscheman

Porscheman Rookie

Has anyone attempted to use RadeonPro yet? I use this for rfactor and GTR2 with great results and better frame rates. Yet, have not been able to get a profile working for AC.

6. Bullus

Bullus Racer

I get about 100fps with the settings in my sig, with sweetfx enable trough Radeonpro.

7. JDuvel

JDuvel Gamer

i get about 80fps with a 3570k at 4.2ghz and a gtx770

5760x1200
    2xAA (could probably use 4 if i wanted)
    2xAF (af kill performance, but 2x does look blurry, i don't like it, but until Kunos resolve the performance hit, i'm staying here)
    medium shadows (no difference to visuals)
    medium reflections (make no noticeable difference to reflection quality to me)
    3 faces (again, no real difference to me)

So some of those are free performance as you lose barely anything, others do cause a blatent hit to image quality (AA and AF mainly).

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  8. Porscheman

Porscheman Rookie

I made some aadjustments last night and looks like these adjusted settings are getting me between 32-38 fps in cockpit view. I am using the Lotus 2 2011 at Silverstone. My settings were adjusted as follows: AA - 4, AF - 8, medium reflections, 3 faces.

I also OC'd my 3570 to 4.2ghz and OC'd my 7950 to 1100 GPU clock and 1200 memory clock. So far it is running stable on OEM cooling.

This is the thing that is frustrating me. When I turn off HDR I get random line shooting out from the popup menu's. I do not like how HDR makes the replays all fuzzy. Does not help with the look of the game. Anyone else have this problem?

9. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Yes, I just disable HDR all together. I can have it on but need to turn down AA, reflections etc to get a decent frame rate. It's a compromise for now but I hear they are working on it.
    You could turn down shadows and reflections too and see if that makes a difference for you. Also just noticed you have Vsync on. Switch that off if you haven't already and cap the frame rate to 60.

10. furiousgibbon

furiousgibbon Rookie

the replays are broken on triple screen setups at the moment, the camera shouldn't be so far away. Once that is fixed the depth of field blur won't be an issue.

I have a 4770k running at stock speeds and an overclocked 7970, and I use:

AF 2x
    AA 8x
    FXAA off
    shadow res High
    world detail Maximum
    HDR on
    cubemap res Medium
    faces per frame 4

Running on 3 x 1680x1050 screens I have no issues with framerate, but I did notice the framerate was noticeably lower on the drift track. I imagine when we have the ability to run packs of cars I'll have to drop the details down.

11. Porscheman

Porscheman Rookie

I also played around with Catalyst CC to see if that made any difference, and unfortunately did not. Over the next few days I will be trying RadeonPro to see if it improves graphics with better frame rates.

So, after getting frustrated with the graphics of AC, I decided to run rfactor DRM mod with my new over clocks and graphics tweeks in RadeonPro. I was getting 60-70 fps and continued running hot laps at Mid Ohio for an hour. After doing that I was really disappointed in how the graphics are in AC, and I hope they work hard to resolve these issues. Right now I am a bit disappointed in AC.

12. furiousgibbon

furiousgibbon Rookie

why don't you turn vsync off? Also worth dropping AF down, I can't see a filtering line or any loss of distance texture detail regardless of whether I have AF at 2x or 16x. Turn AA off and run FXAA, it shimmers but you get some reduction in aliasing without anywhere near the framerate hit. Also I've noticed the reflections are very taxing when set to max, so drop them down until you can notice a significant drop in reflection quality.

13. nandez

nandez Rookie

Best setup for me is limiting fps to 60, and vsync off. No input lag and very smooth!!

14. Porscheman

Porscheman Rookie

What are your PC specs? Put them in your signature. I will have to try doing this.

15. Porscheman

Porscheman Rookie

I will try this as well.

Can you put your PC specs in your sig?

16. nandez

nandez Rookie

Writting from my mobile :)

i5 2500k, r9 280x, 8gb ram, corsair 600gs, win7 64bit