1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

F1 by Kunos(discussion)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by romandevision, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tristan Cliffe

Tristan Cliffe Simracer

I've driven "a few" racing cars and the amazing thing is that they're all easy to drive. They're designed to be easy to drive. That's all they're for. Even 'over the limit'. They're not trying to comfortable or quiet or convenient or have radios that are easy to operate or light brake pedals to avoid commuting fatigue.

The hard part is getting the last bit of laptime and consistency (and physical stamina in real life, like core, legs, arms and neck) whilst managing tyres, using the radio, racing and running ones race, but the actual driving of any race car isn't difficult per se.

Any sim that makes the cars hard to drive or purpose is a poor sim, generally speaking.

Jebus, Slowbloke and romandevision like this.
  2. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I never said sim should be hard on purpose (although on i would prefer it that way) but what i meant was when i see some onboard videos the car shows some characteristics that are not present or slightly dull compared in sim just my observations could be wrong.

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Couldn't "Assetto Corsa Competizione" also be used for other racing series, or is it legally some how tied to ONLY Blancpain GT ?

If its not, then use the extensive knowledge gained in ACC, don't create a whole new title, and then just offer DLC's for each other additional series.

I really do appreciate the work that has gone into ACC Gt3 to simulate RL, but for me, racing is also just as important for my enjoyment, in others words, modeling F1 cars from a decade or two back, doesn't have to be accurate to 99%, I don't think anybody here, or potential buyers, has ever driven one to recognize ANY modeling deficiencies.

I keep on with the past F1 series, because I would like an ACC upgraded version of open wheel, prefer the older cars, plus actually shifting gears without buttons.

4. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

Honestly, I doubt it will be

5. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

How can you know that?

6. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

mate wrc is arcade game. it is just bad. Maybe good for casuals

7. I cannot imagine f1 made by kunos.
    I will explain why:
    Kunos claims to build super realistic games.
    More than good accuracy and a great amount of things simulated.
    In formula one there are a lot of things to be simulated, and that's OK.
    But in just one season there are a lot of things changing just in one car, so how could they develop their sim? with the performance gp by gp? will the manufacturers allow kunos to know about their development through the year?
    In the end I think any f1 game will always lack in accuracy.
    And any attempt to make it acceptable will be an expensive failure.
    the only solution is to make a game for a past year, in which teams collected and stored data.

8. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Modern F1... meh...

My dream will remain a GTL type sim from Kunos. 1960's Endurance Racing. 1000km of Spa, 1000km of Monza, that sort of thing.

Or a full F1 season from that period. AC was going towards being the new GPL (including mods).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.