1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

F40....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PulpQuango, Dec 21, 2013.

1. PulpQuango

PulpQuango Racer

Anyone else finding the handling is almost like the suspension is broken ? Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but on the default settings I'm finding it doesn't stop or turn. Once boost is up, fine, it's quick in a straight line, but it's horrible on the brakes and wont carry any speed through the turns. It seems to have a mind of its own......

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos F40 Stage 3 on Nürburgring WITH CONTROLLER Nov 18, 2020
    Screens & Videos Tribute to Ferrari F40 Dec 19, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Ferrari F40 VS. F50 a little tribute between two legends Feb 9, 2018
    Console Lounge The Ferrari F40 Dec 24, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues F40 exhaust flames Oct 15, 2017
    General modding discussion F40 S3 slicks (visual)? Oct 11, 2017
    Screens & Videos Fair match - Ferrari F40 versus RUF CTR Yellowbird Aug 27, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Ferrari F40 - Tyre wear of Street 90s Aug 16, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues F40 s3 - adjustable turbo missing.?? Jun 20, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues I cannot choose Ferrari F40 normal(AI car) Jun 17, 2017
    Screens & Videos "Rare footage", Ferrari F40 Showreel at Imola Racetrack -1987 May 27, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues [Launcher] #Vintage GT tag shows Ferrari F40 which is #Vintage Supercars May 23, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues F40 street tyres temps May 17, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Has something drastically changed in the F40 recently Apr 27, 2017
    Screens & Videos Ferrari f40 vs Lamborghini Countach Apr 15, 2017

3. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

It's perfect

F40 s3 with semis (not slicks) is officially my favorite car atm. for sheer driving pleasure[​IMG] Second favorite e30m3 s54b32, third 458 or KTM or L49 or e30 dtm, hard to decide[​IMG] they are all good

First car I tested from 0.4 update - stock F40, stock setup, 90 tires @ Imola
    lowered and moved forward the seat a bit (AC default dude must be tall one, hi sits so high, that I can't see the upper par of the dash)

Damn! KS totally nailed the F40, it's better then I expected , weak brakes, no abs, masive turbo lag, heaps of power, poping and banging twinturbo v8, long gear ratios, go kart like handling, and it's totally driftable with 490 degrees of rotation, but be aware of that powerband:D and working pop up headlights :)

F40 s3, is the same thing but turned up to
    [​IMG]
    Harder suspension, semislick or full slick tires, and 610hp+/700nm Italian madness :cool:
    video Interesting F40 story

4. PulpQuango

PulpQuango Racer

Must be me or my wheel..... It's handling like a bent shopping trolley

TheDyingScotsman likes this.
  5. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

It's a supercar from 80' it must be horrible (in a good way) Do you expected to be in pair of 458 in terms of track performance?
    By today's standards - horrible tires (stock setup 90') horrible brakes, horrible power delivery (crazy lag), etc.
    It's spot on

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  6. 3316V

3316V Alien

The only problem I have with the F40 is that the virtual wheel has more rotation degrees than my G27 and because of that the steering doesn't feel completely right. :(

Any thoughts?

AugGust and pigsy like this.
  7. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

lock it

8. Mac

Mac Rookie

Im finding the throttle has no power for the first 50% of pressure, anyone else?

9. 3316V

3316V Alien

What do you mean?

In game I have it configured to have 900º, as in the profiler of course.

EDIT: Hmmm, I just saw that the slider in the game does nothing for me. It doesn't matter if I change it to 40º or 1000º.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  10. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

My settings for f40 - profiler = 490' in game = 490'
    I can drift f40 like Chris Hariss :)

11. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Why do we have to reduce degrees of rotation to drift, it's near impossible with it set to 900 but almost effortless with around 500

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

12. Not sure why in 2013 you would have it set to anything other than 900 degrees rotation. Aris has stated many times to set your wheel at 900 and let the sim do the rest. You are not drifting like Chris Harris because in the real car it actually has a little over 900 degrees of rotation, certainly not an indy car like 490.

Original F40 on 90's tires is absolutely magical to drive.

13. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I like fast rack, I use 900' in euro truck simulator 2
    For racing 900 sucks balls imho

Asilo_Driver and Patrik Marek like this.
  14. 3316V

3316V Alien

What I wanted and I can't do is to put the same amount of rotation in the virtual and the real wheel. This is not possible in the F40, right?

15. I understand that drifting and to a lesser extent racing is harder with 900 degrees but I just can't wrap my head around why you would want the most real to life sim available today and then blow all realism out of the water by having an indy car steering box in it...might as well drive from chase view with tire and fuel wear turned off. I've got a friend that does the same thing because it makes him faster but I just don't understand it...Oh well, to each their own I guess.

16. My wheel matches up perfectly with the one in car...I think, now that I think about it I don't really watch the wheel in the car that closely...I will go check.

17. 3316V

3316V Alien

I have the same problem with the Lotus Elise.

18. The wheel in sim is matched up perfectly with my wheel.....took the f40 to Magione and that was crazy....

19. 3316V

3316V Alien

That's odd. In my case the virtual F40 has more than 900º :S

Do you use the profiler for something? I normally have it closed and only use the global settings of the wheel inside "devices and printers -> G27 racing wheel"

20. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

The F40 is the best sim car I ever since because I ever did. Forever. End.

21. I have wheel set to 900 degrees in profiler and allow game to adjust settings....