1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ferrari DLC & 1.15 - Discuss Away

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Just a question. Because with my t300 or g27 (this one with lut) I have very light steering wheel at low speed. Then when running on track is fine, but it's annoying when starting.
    For example you start from pit, and when you leave the pitlane by increasing speed the wheel comes alive. What't the problem? Other value has not ebee changed.

2. Is the kerb of death back in 2004 Ferrari F1? Were racing online at Silverstone and touching some of the kerbs have quite strange results..

David Dominguez likes this.
  3. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

And damn, it goes to 11, must be damn good! 1 Stronger than all the other sims which only go to 10.

And a tough choice, Tagliatelle Bolognese is good, but Lasagna is allways solid as well. Can you add the Tiramisu to the Lasagna?

It must be a weird season for simracers, they´re going nuts everywhere. (I mean even more than usual)

4. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

No, the car hide height is very slow, it is just that.

5. So when you're running straight line past old pitlane and try to use the kerb to maximize your corner entry the FFB will rip your arms of and the car pulls heavily into left.

6. If possible please add a AI strenght of 250%.
    Like you said it makes absolute no sense but I feel so much better and greater to beat them at a level above 150% :D

BTW: I'll take the flavour SALSICCE_E_FRIARIELLI without any clue what it is exaclty ;)

7. Juha Mikkola

Juha Mikkola Gamer

8. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

@Lord Kunos Why the 250 GTO doesn't have a license plate? Isn't it a road cars?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  9. Vel

Vel Simracer

While a number of things in this thread have been said which i agree/disagree with... matters of taste and preference i suppose... - I'd like to note that i truly love the visceral sound of the f1 2004. Experiencing it hit like an old song from another place & time. Almost, like the screaming banshees of the 80's.

Thank you Kunos.

Most emotional, chord striking, sim experience ever :)

sissydriver and Schnipp like this.
  10. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

Back then it wasn't uncommon for GT cars to be legal for road use but despite that the 250 GTO was built with nothing but racing in mind.

Kristaps and Andy-R like this.
  11. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

I lost it completely at "Surround FFB" lol....C'mon, we need omni forces downloaded to our headsets, to increase the wheel torque! I'll take it in Vinyl.

EDIT: On topic, the sounds of pretty much all these cars is......10/10. Do this for all the previous cars, maybe save for the Porsche packs. Those are good, too. But this...yeah. More of that.

12. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

After going through the whole thread, I havent seen any discussion or comments about the silent updates that happened in 1.15. Although I may have missed some comments.

There were a lot of cars that were updated, but werent mentioned in the changelog. If you go to your: assettocorsa/content/cars folder and sort by date modified, there were a lot that were updated. If you go to each of them, you can see the data.acd file was changed. Cars like the F40 are rather drastically different than pre-patch imo. The F40 is quite a thrilling drive now, whereas it was always too tricky for me to enjoy to the fullest pre-1.15. To sum it up briefly, it feels like a more lethal 288 GTO. And that is quite a good thing. Faster around any track, noticeable turbo lag, and easy to kick out in corners while still maintaining control. Something I cant say I could do before.

Others like the 488 gt3 and R8 lms 2016 seemed to be BoP'd to death and for me on a given track are a solid 1.5s slower than before. Anything else is more or less hearsay as it is impossible to know what was actually changed in the cars that have a new 'date modified' listing that coincides with 1.15. Didnt really drive enough of the others pre-update to be able to notice if they are much different than before.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Ace Pumpkin and Trezoitao38 like this.
  13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Probably because it's an open wheel car and it's suspension parts are fully visible and animated. Animating the suspension for camber or toe changes would be a massive amount of work. There's the full range of motion but only for the default setup.

You can see camber and toe changes visibly in the cars with covered and so not 3D modelled suspension.

14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Didn't know the 288 GTO had rear wheel steering. ^^
    Screenshot_ks_ferrari_288_gto_glencoe_23-9-117-8-25-56.jpg

I love the car, but I have to admit that I'm still disappointed by the sound. From the videos of the car I've seen I expected more.
    Sounds a bit too high pitched IMO, the turbo noise is very subtle, you can hear it clearer on most of the onboard videos.
    But well, can't have everything. :)

15. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

How does it work? I cant really feel it on my dfgt.

16. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I'd opt politically correct as I am for:
    Nicole Minetti
    Mara Carfagna
    Pina Picierno
    being implemented in the next AC build.;)

Cheers
    Robin

17. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

FYI, these silent updates to data files are most often related to cameras, instruments, exposure, placebo etc. :)

18. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Indeed, about half the files in the data folder (and thus the .acd file) are related to physics and half are related to the model.

19. Surprised nobody has mentioned the new file that makes the gloves look so much better.

20. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Hardcore Simmer

DON'T TRUST LORD KUNOS HE PUT SPAGHETTI IN THE FFB CODE WHICH IS WHAT GIVES MORE FEEL , THE EARTH IS FLAT , SIMCADE

sissydriver likes this.