1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Free and simple video capturing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Jebus, May 16, 2017.

1. Jebus

Jebus Alien

I'm reinstalling an OS (win7) to the laptop of my cousin's kid. He likes to capture vids real time while playing, Minecraft and CS:GO seems to be his favourites. Since I don't capture anything I have no clue about programs for it.
    The kid is some under 10 years old so something relatively simple would be nice. Laptop has gf 920m in it,
    Suggestions for free and simple programs would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC League Management Website - Simple, Easy to use and Free! May 19, 2021
    General modding discussion Super simple, easy and free way to totally 100% prevent all online content mismatches Nov 7, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting Freezing only in windowed / borderless mode Apr 8, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Hange/freeze on selecting Drive after update 1.10.1 Apr 5, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Frame drop or freeze on Xbox series X Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Major Lag/Freeze, Causing Hud and Cars to disappear and reappear Feb 24, 2024
    ACC Virtual Reality Dev's: Add Quad Views rendering to ACC for a free massive fps gain Sep 3, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ai car freezeson track, then cant control car. Multi player own car freezing on track. Jul 1, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Change freecam view May 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.9.1 - Game freeze and crash in CP race Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game freezes/locks when i access "controls" menu with Logitech G29 Apr 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 to PS5 free upgrade? Mar 31, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC freeze when click continue after the first career race Mar 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC instantly crashes/ freezes after starting Feb 28, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game briefly freezes and shows the setup screen during driving Feb 13, 2023

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Check out OBS ;) also a few other threads here with other suggestions..

sacredaardvark likes this.
  4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I use Nvidia Shadowplay, you need to install Geforce Experience to get that feature. (not sure if it works with mobile gpu's though, but I don't see why not)

Sadly the recent V3 version require to create and use an Nvidia Account. I have installed an older V2 version, but on start (and every few weeks) it wants to update to a new version without option to skip.
    The work-around is to rename 'setup.exe' to anything else in 'C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\GeForce Experience\Update'.

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Sorry, but OBS is the opposite of simple. But it is free, that's true.

I think the closest to simple and free are the tools that AMD and nVidia provide with their drivers.

6. Robbiexsstar

Robbiexsstar Hardcore Simmer

Bandicam: easy to use, light but not free

7. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Thanks for the answers. Since money is not an option I'll check that Shadowplay, I don't thing creating an account will be a problem.

8. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

Shadowplay is now Nvidia Share and would be a good place to start as you should already have it if your Nvidia driver is up to date. It should be enabled by default otherwise enable share in Geforce experience under settings.

Otherwise OBS is worth a try. Just set up game capture as a source and assign a key to start/end recording.

Remember that all video capture software takes resources so you may have to play around with settings to avoid a performance hit.

Jebus likes this.
  9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

BTW: Shadowplay/Share only records in fullscreen mode, so if for some reason AC is in borderless windowed mode it won't start to record, then press Alt+Enter to set AC to fullscreen mode again.

10. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

OBS is great, and really simple to set up for recording gameplay footage. It can get a little annoying and fiddly if you have multiple sound sources though, taking a bit of trial and error before all the streams work just as you want them. Once it`s all sorted though, it`s a simple one-button record/stop that works perfectly every time.

11. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

msi afterburner and obs have good recording software for free

12. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

this isn't the case anymore and hasn't been for a while, windowed games work the same now

Schnipp likes this.
  13. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I've used OBS on two computer and I find it incredibly simple. Watch a five minute YouTube video on how to initially set it up (and the initial setup is pretty easy) and after that all you do is press a button to start recording and press another one to stop recording, couldn't be much simpler and the output quality is plenty good. Plus you can use it for streaming to Twitch just as easily.

sacredaardvark and Cote Dazur like this.
  14. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

I spent quite a bit of time configuring OBS to capture the middle screen. It was anything but intuitive and I usually don't need tutorials for things like that. But at least it works with triple screen setups, while Shadow Play does not with nVidia Surround enabled.

15. Jebus

Jebus Alien

I heard that the kid reads english fairly well so I'm gonna install OBS aswell, I assume it doesn't have a finnish language version. Kids are pretty smart computer wise these days so who knows he might find OBS easy to learn.

16. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

I was quite surprised to find out that Win 10 has it's own video capture software - https://www.howtogeek.com/219947/how-to-record-pc-gameplay-with-windows-10’s-game-dvr-and-game-bar/
    Yep - he shouldn't have a problem as OBS is the favoured application for game streamers on twitch, so there are lots of guides available. Here is a good place to start - https://www.howtogeek.com/183231/how-to-record-your-desktop-and-create-a-screencast-on-windows/

Jebus likes this.
  17. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Shouldn't take any time at all, just click on the screen and drag it left or right so only the center screen is showing, takes two seconds.

18. I'm playing in 3d vision 2 and want to record some gameplay in 2d. My recorded file plays back as side by side. I've played about with resolution but still no good. Anyone help? Using shadowplay.
    Thanks

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You can upload to yt in 3d so it would actually be something different, you can edit out one side in an editor or just record a replay instead of live gameplay in 2D. I dont think you can capture 2d when rendering in SBS 3d in shadowplay or likely many other video capture software programs.

20. Thanks Marty, I found that fraps let's you select 3d or non 3d. Looks like it will do nicely, pity it wasn't just as simple in Shadow play.....bloody Nvidia.