1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

From Sim racer to Pro Racing Driver

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Sim Racing Girl, Aug 15, 2017.

1. AC is no worse than RF for data matching (besides in some rather specific situations). People that say RF is significantly better either haven't tried AC or don't know how to use the capabilities of its physics engine.

Tim Meuris and mms like this.
  2. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Now with AC working better I think they (rF2 and AC) feel close at times.

The only real difference I notice now is the tire flex physics in the older cars.

I suppose it depends on what it is you want out of a sim?

1) go as fast as you can and win at any cost. Lets face it, its just an image on a screen. How hard could it be to cheat?

2) get the most real feel as possible so you can drive a real race car some day.

99% of my experience comes from real cars throughout my life. There are times I have a 100% connection and my reactions are in sync with the software.
    Its a beautiful thing!:)
    But the second something is off I lose interest.

I can understand some of these aliens doing these crazy times without any FFB.
    Memorize the track and the right gear for each corner, but I would think these guys would have a hard time keeping up with Wolfgang in a real car?

I agree with Wolfgang's assessment.

3. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

I believe aliens are fast on any rig whatever ffb settings.
    Real car would be a bit different story because there you need courage, physical endurance and experience but reaction time and technique they already have

Sim Racing Girl and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  4. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

Someone somewhere said that on every genius (think of Federer, Kasparov, M. Jordan...) there are thousand others who are equal or more talented but never had a real chance.

Maybe in racing sims we can see some of those "would be" Vettels and Schumachers if for instance they started karting carreer at local club at the age of 6

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  5. Alpinefd

Alpinefd Racer

I finally got a chance to do a data correlation exercise between an AC car and real car on the same track !
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-real-life-tire-to-ac-tire.49592/#post-972935

results are pretty good !

6. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Is it stupid to compare which racing simulator is the best? Yes, from the technical driving method... None of them are very accurate. Although trying all of them will decrease the chance of bad respond of the placebo. Yes... Sim racing is basically placebo racing.

Anyone who disagree while inserting an opinion to backup, will provide a source of entertainment for sure.

7. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

First person in my ignore list since 2014. You are not entertaining any longer.

chksix and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

He’s hopping on and off mine for some time now, cannot stand reading all the comments without seeing the source of the uproar. :D

9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Really is a special level of stupid isn’t he

10. Its not fair to call someone stupid. I would say misleaded is the better description in this case :p

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

True, but there’s just been a lot of posts like this before and nothing has been learnt

After_Midnight likes this.
  12. Using the adjective 'stupid' towards him is being polite.

martcerv likes this.
  13. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

No, just human.
    Define "very accurate".

chksix likes this.
  14. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I'm from planet earth & I don't believe you. :D

15. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Are you sure? :D