1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gearbox damage / clutch / sequentiell shift stick

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by dermonty, Sep 21, 2015.

1. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Hey guys, especially Stefano, cause i think, its his part of development :)
    I use the Logitech Driving Force GT (with integrated Semishiftstick) + Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals. Im not able to use clutch and the shifter the way it should be, like damaging your gearbox while engaging a gear without clutch [in Manual Transmission cars]. I can shift witout clutch like in semishift mode. Is it possible to add that, so im getting gearbox damage while using the semishift stick and select Manual gearbox in the Settings?

I hope anyone can understand my Problem (Problem wouldnt exist with an H-Shifter, but i unfortunately do not have)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room A damaged gearbox can be repaired during pit stop? Nov 26, 2017
    Console Lounge Gearbox damage on console Aug 23, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV - no gearbox damage Mar 3, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Muira missing gearbox damage Dec 16, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Gearbox damage too harsh coming to neutral Dec 26, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Gearbox damage? Sep 30, 2014
    ACC Gameplay Slow downshifts with automatic gearbox Dec 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions manual gearbox to h Oct 16, 2020
    ACC Physics Bentley Continental GT3 2018 - weird Gearbox Issue Feb 19, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals multiple add on for upgrade your wheel, gearbox and pedal Feb 15, 2020
    ACC Gameplay automatic gearbox not working Oct 11, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals GAMEPAD MANUAL GEARBOX SHIFTING Aug 9, 2019
    ACC Audio Gearbox compressor sound Jul 16, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer CP Server: Automatic gearbox not working Jun 3, 2019
    ACC Audio Gearbox compressor sound Dec 15, 2018

3. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

Well, to be honest they can't just toss in a simple "if shift without clutch = damage" logic. Because it's perfectly possible to shift without clutching and not damaging your gearbox. Infact, some racecars were driven whole seasons like that; no clutch on upshift.

case in point:
    https://www.facebook.com/petrolicious/videos/824985874287966/

4. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

mmmh, yes i know and it seems you didn't understand what i mean, if i change Settings to use H-shifter i have that effect damaging the gearbox but i cant use the stick for h-shifting obviously. So the Code is in the game, but cant be used for a semistick. Its working in Project Cars by the way..

5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Do you want to receive gearbox/engine damage for not using a clutch in semiautomatic cars? (paddles/sequential shifters). These cars don't require clutch, that part is done automatically. You only need a clutch for manual transmission cars, which use a manual shifter and a clutch pedal to operate the gears.

6. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

oh man :) no, i know that difference, in semiautomatic cars i use my paddle shifters, but i want to receive gearbox damage by driving a Manual car like the Miura.

7. Robbiexsstar

Robbiexsstar Hardcore Simmer

It's not possible because it is not realistic mode.
    Gearbox damage is designed to penalize who use H shifter without clutch.
    Did you try to enable "autoclutch"?

8. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

why autoclutch? i dont want to use autoclutch. i just want to drive a Manual Transmission Car with Manual shifting and clutching, and recieve gearbox damage when i dont shift properly ^^

9. Quffy

Quffy Alien

You picked a bad example :) The Miura seems to not have gearbox damage implemented. Is the only exception. But try any other manual car in the game and you'll receive transmission damage.

10. Robbiexsstar

Do you like metal scrap's sound?:D

Synchronize your feet and you will haven't problem with transmission.

11. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Ok, I try to explain it again in Detail. I tested it right away. If i choose a Manual Transmission car like the EVO II or the Miura and go to the Settings and choose H-Shifter and map the 1st and 2nd gear to my semi shift stick, i recieve the gearbox damage and damage Sound. But i obviously cannot use the semistick for all 5 or 6 gears. So i Need to choose the shift up and shift down Setting in the controls menu. Then i can shift through all gears but dont receive the gearbox damage and dont really need to clutch to engage the gears (Revs doesnt matter)

how can i learn to synchronize my feet if i dont get the realistic Feedback from the car if i missed?

12. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Yes is this way so people who don't own the correct equipment for these cars, can still drive them. Meaning if you don't have a separate shifter enabled then you'll need to operate manual cars with sequential shifting. And in that case a clutch doesn't make sense. And besides that, the game also applies a balanced penalty for who isn't using manual shifter+clutch to operate a manual car, to make it more fair for people who need to operate 3 pedals and a manual stick, vs people who can only operate manual cars with sequential shifting, thus they have easier handling of the equipment because they can be with both feet on gas and brake, and two hands on the wheel, and in manual cars normally you need to use 3 pedals and a manual stick.

13. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Yeah These people use autoclutch, i use my 3 Pedals and have autoclutch disabled :( All I Want is the proper and realistic Car behavior.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  14. Really? You mean that all of the hardcore crunching I've been enjoying in that car was for nothing?? :(

dermonty likes this.
  15. Quffy

Quffy Alien

The game was designed that when you untick the separate shifter, means you don't have one, and a clutch pedal is no longer required to change gears. Like it would be in a real car.
    Maybe you could buy a usb manual shifter, then you can give your clutch pedal a better use, and then you'll drive manual cars the proper way, with manual stick and clutch. But for now, you only have a sequential stick or paddles.
    Look into this: http://www.shiftershh.es/en.html (usb 3d printed manual shifter, which I think also has a switch for sequential stick operation). If not, you should also have options for Fanatec or Thrustmaster manual shifters. But be sure they are compatible with your wheel, or if they are usb connection, I think that is universally compatible.

16. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

It seems i'm the only one who dont own a H-Shifter :( I know that one solution is to buy one. But it would bring the Assetto Corsa Software a big Step forward if People who dont have one could also recieve a realistic behaviour with shifting and clutch if they dont use autoclutch.

17. There are plenty of AC users who don't own a H shifter. Some of them even use gamepads, keyboards and/or Mouse to drive the cars.

18. Robbiexsstar

This is no sense.
    If you want a "realistic behaviour with shifting and clutch" you have buy a H shifter.
    It's the only way to increase your driving feeling.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  19. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Mhh, makes also no sense to me, cause then i could bye me a real race car for the "realistic feel"

20. Dermonty,

I understand that you would like to simulate the driving of these cars as realistically as possible, but the only way to do it is to get yourself a proper H shifter. The software makes certain assumptions based on the controllers that you have available, and in your case you have a sequential shifter (which presumably does not require a manual clutch). It may not be perfect, but that's life. I used autogears and autoclutch in GT Legends with my first ever wheel (a Saitek R220) because it didn't have a shifter at all (and I hated using buttons for gear shifting at the time). I only started using manual gears and clutch after I purchased a Logitech G25.

21. Quffy

Quffy Alien

In a sense yes, getting a real car in a race track would make your whole body and mind experience better/different. What we have here in these software and hardware, is something created to simulate realistically the experience from real life.
    Don't forget that our pedals and our wheels and our shifters are just static pieces of hardware. They are different than in a real car, which they are attached to the car, and you also get feedback through this hardware (pedals, shifter, seat). Our steering wheel is on a desk that operates through a software. In the car the steering wheel is directly connected to the car mechanical parts. There you don't have clipping forces problems like we do with ffb in our pretend toys ;)
    But either way, I'm not saying any news here. We can all deduct the same.