1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Gearbox damage on console

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by MARCOITA20, Aug 23, 2017.

1. MARCOITA20

MARCOITA20 Rookie

Hello,

I have played Assetto Corsa on Xbox One a lot, driving modern and old cars but I never menage to damage gearbox.
    My question is: this is a bug of my version, a feature not implemented in the game or what else?
    I play with Thrustmaster TMX PRO Force Feedback (so a steering wheel with a 3 pedals set and only paddle shifters) always without assists (automatic gearbox off, automatic clutch off, automatic blip off) and 100 % damage rate.

Thank you in advance for the answers.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room A damaged gearbox can be repaired during pit stop? Nov 26, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV - no gearbox damage Mar 3, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Muira missing gearbox damage Dec 16, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Gearbox damage / clutch / sequentiell shift stick Sep 21, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Gearbox damage too harsh coming to neutral Dec 26, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Gearbox damage? Sep 30, 2014
    ACC Gameplay Slow downshifts with automatic gearbox Dec 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions manual gearbox to h Oct 16, 2020
    ACC Physics Bentley Continental GT3 2018 - weird Gearbox Issue Feb 19, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals multiple add on for upgrade your wheel, gearbox and pedal Feb 15, 2020
    ACC Gameplay automatic gearbox not working Oct 11, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals GAMEPAD MANUAL GEARBOX SHIFTING Aug 9, 2019
    ACC Audio Gearbox compressor sound Jul 16, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer CP Server: Automatic gearbox not working Jun 3, 2019
    ACC Audio Gearbox compressor sound Dec 15, 2018

3. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

I think that it may be impossible to damage the gearbox when using paddle shifters, because the shifts are "scripted". I've seen plenty of online videos where people damage their gearbox when using an H-pattern shifter.

4. Auto-clutch is enabled whenever paddles are used with an H-pattern car.

5. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

Yes there is gearbox damage, you'll only get it using a shifter I think.

6. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

Yes, th8a here and gearbox can be damaged with H manual gear only.

7. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

I just love going from 5th/6th gear straight down to 1st when I'm mad!

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  8. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

when i started racing the lamborghini mura i couldnt complete a lap with out blowing the gearbox :D
    only with the shifter

9. I have a H gear on Logitech G29. And I damage gears a lot of times, especially with old cars. The worst is with Miura I think.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

10. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

yes take alot of skill to finish a 10 lap race with miura
    i love it :)

11. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

It seems like it's something different than auto-clutch. When you set auto clutch to "ON" prior to starting a session, you can see the clutch pedal actuation in the HUD on downshifts. If you set auto-clutch to "OFF", you won't see the clutch being actuated, even if you're using paddles. If it's auto-clutch, it's a different type than what you get through the auto-clutch feature in the setup menu.

My setup: T300 RS, Fanatec CSPv3, CPX Adapter.

12. Oh Yeah. Win the special event in Zandvoort with Miura and manual shifting gives to me much satisfatcion;)