1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

grip , slide , drift comparison with new rF NSX mod

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Qusso, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Qusso

Qusso Racer

I went back to rF to check newest Niels NSX mod :

I got to say im stunned how good it is . Dont get me wrong I love AC and I see huge potential in AC . I would like to just give me feedback . I dont know if Aris have tryed NSX mod but I highly recommand it .
    I think in AC there is small issue with front wheels grip when you doing some speed slides/drift with low lean degree . I think cars lack a bit of kinetic energy /mass while drifting on high speed and wheels catch grip too easly on such situations . I think drifting in 458 and E92 for example ( stock + street tyres) should be bit "smooother" , also I found in AC missing tail sliding while heavy breaking , tail should want to go in front of me . For example look at this movie from F12 Barlinetta ;

Start from 7th minute .
    Alot of BHP also insane quick throttle response but in AC in 458 is too hard to do so and it shouldnt be like that imho .

Edit : I know making slide in AC is very easy(maybe even too much ) but its not my point , my point is it lacks abit of smoothess and kinetic energy .

Good example here :

15:37 - 15:49 t
    this is what I meant by smooth drift feel and kinetic energy .

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres steering wheel alignment, tyre grip and car slides ( SOLVED ) Nov 6, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Track grip settings Mar 4, 2024
    ACC Physics Maserati MC20 GT2 loss of (rear) grip Feb 28, 2024
    Chit Chat Room How do I adjust tire [tyre] grip? Nov 5, 2023
    ACC Physics v1.9 Tyre grip falls off a cliff May 1, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Green Grip Level Apr 21, 2023
    General modding discussion Tell me about grip level in mods Nov 7, 2022
    ACC Gameplay brands hatch grip level Sep 3, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Turn in grip and alignment Jun 29, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Track is too grippy. How do I adjust? May 24, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting British Pack Patch - Front wheels sporadically lose all grip for about 500~1000ms Feb 11, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Problem with grip levels in Race Weekend Dec 29, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Grip level in Trainings Sessions Oct 16, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Less grip on console Jul 13, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Drifting grip? Apr 2, 2020

3. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

I have a problem with your post, I'll be honest.
    It's not that you're comparing two different sims, with different cars.
    It's not that your real life vs AC car comparison is again totally different, comparing a front engine car with 730bhp against a mid engine car with 570bhp (I'm not getting into the technical variations of suspension geometries, inertia of a mid engine car vs a transaxle car, etc etc)

Now, don't get me wrong. I have maximum respect for Niels work as I think, he has for me, but that doesn't mean we think completely the same. We share the same vision of things, especially in tyres modelling, but that doesn't mean we do the exactly same things or we think cars should react on the exact same way. You're talking about smoothness, I believe that you need to drive properly to make a car slide smoothly. My belief is that the tyres always try to snap a bit between grip and "non grip" situations, and it is up to the driver to make the transition smooth. IMHO there is always a distinction between "sticking" and "sliding"

Still I could post you videos like this

and tell you on minute X the drift is totally smooth.

or I could post videos like this

and tell you, see, the 458 is very easy to do as the video in your post too..

But my problem regarding your post is none of all this. The problem I don't get is why you put an "ISSUE" in your post?

Sims are not perfect (yet), everyone is trying to get as close to reality as possible, but still, you've miss lot's of factors from reality that are also impossible to simulate because it depends on how those factors are wired in your brain. Forces, smells, movements... for every single person the driving experience is different, that's why we everybody has it's own personal FFB settings that swears are better than his friend.

So you like rF1 Niels NSX car better? Fantastic! Why this must be an "ISSUE" for AC? That I don't understand. Enjoy your racing. :)

McNappa, bondyboy, Zentiusd and 29 others like this.
  4. 110% correct Aristotelis.

5. Qusso

Qusso Racer

Well sorry Aris you took it offesive which wasnt intended from my side at all. I think you doing awesome job (as rest of Kunos Guys )and from what I have seen so far AC is going to be my primary sim sooner or later .
    I will try to record a movie and upload it to explain it more . You are right that it might not be an issue but in Physics section I couldnt find anything more "suitable"

Best Regards

6. vektro

vektro Racer

As you already posted a Chris Harris video, let's do it again. This time with him explaining drifting. He also mentions the biggest mistakes while drifting and even mentions your "issue": the snappy comeback when you want to regain grip and overdo it.

Great video anyway.

7. Qusso

Qusso Racer

I was owner of E39 M5 for couple of years and I did 120k kms with fair amount of having fun in it and trust me I know that front wheels on error with not enough "slide speed" will catch grip and spin you other way .
    I was saying that front wheels catch grip too early (in my opinion ofcourse ) and powersliding on small degrees isnt smooth as much as I think it should .

Robilon likes this.
  8. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Qusso you misunderstood me I think. I'm by no means offended, not at all. I'm not discussing your preference, or not even what is wrong or right. I don't have problems that one sim/car/mod might be better than the other, hey we're all trying to improve the genre :)

What I'm saying is that since we're talking details, I wouldn't have put the prefix "ISSUE". That's all :)

Zentiusd, UOPshadow and o0thx11380o like this.
  9. There is a chitchat forum for posts that arent addressing a bug or an actual ISSUE. Being different isnt a bug or issue.

I agree with Aris when it comes to the topic at hand.

10. Qusso

Qusso Racer

As I promised I made a short video to show what I meant:

I never drove 458 but I did 599 and many other cars on track . I also seen enormous amount of videos how car bahave , Im not such expert as Aris and I have no idea about programming physics in simulator . I just spent my time and gave my feedback , I hope now I made things more "clear".

(cant wait for another AC update )

smokeybandit27 and Robilon like this.
  11. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ok, this is a thread for chit chat room.

12. Jaimy

Jaimy Gamer

When i encountered this problem i simply solved it by giving full throttle when exiting the slide to make sure the back wheels keep spinning. If you don`t give enough throttle the car just snaps back and throws you off line or out of the slide.
    Now i drift however and whenever i want in perfectly smooth transitions 90% of the time...

McNappa likes this.
  13. Robilon

Robilon Racer

I have to agree with Qusso. I noticed this the first day playing the game. The steering wheel might of had some input lag, or the screen.. It's still unclear to me, but I've got used to it by now.

My friend just bought assetto and seems to also agree on this case, and has far more experience on this type of driving. I think assetto just has too much grip generally..

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    smokeybandit27 likes this.
  14. Robilon

Robilon Racer

That rFactor seems a lot worse thought, not good to point out this matter with that :confused:

15. Qusso

Qusso Racer

rFactor overall - I agree its not best point to follow , but have you tryed this NSX mod ?

overall grip level is very good in my opinion , but in some cases its not understadable for me thats it . I expect from Kunos much more than from other studios since I think they are the best in this branch , all they need is to gether enough money from this project to expand , hire 15-20 more people and then we all be in Simheaven :) Maybe in couple of years they will have enough resources to make European version of iRacing :)

16. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Racer

Niels also built a Lotus to test if he could make it like the tech preview. Pretty cool to watch. Half way through the vid is the replay cam views.

smokeybandit27 and Queequeg like this.
  17. petesky

petesky Simracer

Maybe the AC team should invite Chris Harris or Tiff Needell for a test drive? I remember Tiff did a racing game segment on 5th gear and he rubbished all of them lol, I was very surprised he thought Forza4 isn't very good at all because I thought the tyre model is quite realistic.

UOPshadow likes this.
  18. Robilon

Robilon Racer

It's obvious it was all for marketing.. "GT5 best so far" and he went through iracing etc? yeaaah...

19. petesky

petesky Simracer

haha yeah probably marketing.. I just watched it again, 2 codemasters game got in the top 3 what the hell!? interesting what he had to say about the 458 in Forza 4 though.

20. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

What I like the most about rFactor is that all relevant physics files are open for modding.
    I tested 5 minutes the Nsx and immediatly have felt the tire curves way too forgiving at big attitude angles (same as the Supra, while the C06 is better) .
    Than I changed the lateral slip table to more realistic values and incorporated my own tires as a vehicle modification inside the mod: now I really can't stop hotlapping in AutumnRing with one of the best sim-car ever made.

I hope in the near future we will able to do the same with AC tires... really can't wait!

smokeybandit27 and o0thx11380o like this.
  21. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

So what you have actually proven, beyond doubt if I may add, is that no two people will ever agree on whats realistic and whats not!