1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GT3 -cars speculation: Anything coming?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by RobertLidstroem, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

I enjoy driving almost every car in AC more or less (minus the fwd's). However, the cold fact is that at the moment majority of the actual league racing uses GT3 cars because they're easily approachable and easy to drive but hard to master.
    While I agree it would be nice to have another potential serie in AC, I also welcome all the GT3 additions.

2. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

link please? I cant find it myself lol

3. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

4. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Due to the way online is setup (car count is limited by pitboxes) it's already difficult to get enough of all the current GT3's on a grid. I hosted a GT3 race a couple months ago and I could only allow 2-3 of each model because that's all that would fit on the track. So if you have a large grid some people aren't going to be able to get the car they want because 2-3 people showed up early and already got them. Adding more GT3 models would exacerbate this problem and on some tracks you'd only be able to have 1-2 models of each available, which would lead to whinging.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  5. That is something that has puzzled me about Assetto Corsa. In GT Legends and GTR2, the player could select the car that they wanted to drive from the choices available. If there were six car types available, the entire grid could still be a single car type if that's what everyone wanted to drive. Why is that not possible in Assetto Corsa?

6. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

Kunos has to and imo will keep up with the times and introduce the new era gt cars. It will be the biggest benefit their for their income. The GT class is the most popular by a country mile

7. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Arent they the most up to date guys in racing right now. I imagine they still have licenses for race cars that we dont know yet or are already modelled. The new R8 is coming, ferrari loves them so the 488GTB is 100% coming. that leaves bmw, bentley, aston, dacia and porsche. thanks to AGU a full 2016 line up should be possible before the year is out.

beiacos_gr and TERRA21 like this.
  8. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

Easily! Kunos is the leader of the pack. Even the rich franchises of racing games wish they had the licenses or support kunos is able to bring

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  9. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

you seriously have to wonder how a behemoth like Forza didnt get some of the cars before kunos could. I'm gonna assume that it has to do with the AC PRO being used as a bargaining chip.

10. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

@Brownninja97 Yes agu is great but hey the cars they are flashing are probably a long way out i would think. kunos is more than likely to beat them to the punch on those but we shall see especially that 911 :p

11. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

What i can say is the pack that comes after this japanese pack is gonna be a behemoth of a pack. they have stacked the deck up high with licenses so its gonna be very interesting to see how it all pans out. This is the italian house of cars right here

12. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

Yes love the pepperoni but the m6 the successor to the very outdated z4 is some bavarian goodness that has to be a priority must be included as dessert in upcoming content . And i know one certain dev is very fond of the bmw's haha

13. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

I do love GT3s, they're my favourite category of modern racing and I definitely agree it is great to have a variety of competitive cars as part of a complete/almost complete series. But we do kind of already have that with the GT3s; there already is a variety to choose from. Therefore, I feel A Jaguar XJR9 and a Porsche 962 would be preferable to compete with the Sauber C9; build up another series to have a competitive variety online. If we do have more GT3s... Bentley!

aphidgod likes this.
  14. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

yes but its a thing of keeping up with the times instead of living in the past i know myself i love oldschool but kunos must stay on top of the game not behind it. especially in this case

15. Turk

Turk Alien

I'm not a huge fan of the GT cars but they are the bread and butter of AC racing, and for the most part they come in a pack with other cars so it's no big loss even if I hated them, which I don't, I just prefer roads cars, they have more character.

I Kunos should keep putting GT cars in whenever they can, they'll only improve the GT experience.

16. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

And their income if they are on to it. Which they obviously are

17. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

idd, participated in a gt3league as well
    everyon ehad to post his car of choice in advance
    huge designflaw imo
    the old race07 didn't suffer from this

18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Watching Blancpain this year the 488, Bentley and M6 are the obvious choices. Hopefully the 488 GT3 doesn't have the licence issues the 458 seems to have had...

Then there are the new beefy GT2/GTE cars :)

19. iVG

iVG Alien

M6 looks interesting, kinda not keen on the 488, looks almost exactly the same as the 458 in race trim, hopefully it drives a bit differently at least. I'm a fan of the M3 GT2 so the M6 would be a great addition for me, big car, powerful turbo powa engine, great speed, moar fun. Wouldn't mind the Big Bentley to be honest tho.

Mogster likes this.
  20. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

Unfortunately, it makes sense the modern GT series cars would be the best option for marketing. However, I agree with most about historic cars. I have the most fun trying to wrestle the Sauber on nords, compared to the GT3 lineup on Mugello. The racing itself works best in street cars and GT3/2 so far. The rest....are my favorites, but have no competition. The F1 GTR being probably the biggest lonesome gem of them all. I mean seriously, I absolutely LOVE driving that thing. Sadly, there's really nothing to run with it. Nissan R390 GT1 would be an amazing addition for that class.
    I still drive the GT3 cars, but overall, they don't hold much excitement for me. The main excitement is in the competition, and not the car itself.
    Personally, I just don't drive the GT2 cars. Don't really like them. I love the prestige the BMW GT2 has, but as far as driving, it doesn't feel very "car" to me anymore. More-so, just sanctioned machine. Automated. To each their own.

I guess I like the feeling of the appreciation of those older drivers who crapped their pants at Flugplatz in a Group C. Only to realize it's only their first lap.

BrandonW77, BigBoss and fbiehne like this.