1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Has something changed in AC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Stains, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stains

Stains Simracer

After being away from Assetto Corsa for a few months playing every other racing Sim/Game out there Today i came back for some laps in AC .

Well i was so pleasantly surprised at the way the road cars (RX7 / 458 / AE82) drove and turned at all speeds , previously it felt like they slip too much in the front end but now they seem to turn as i would think they should .
    That is the main reason that i left AC in the first place .

So now i'm hear to tell people about my surprise and pleasure at driving AC again only to find threads about people saying the exact opposite ??
    What is going on ? Are we playing the same game ?
    Could this be something so personal that the cars feel so different from one person to the next ? It cant be because the cars are actually turning corners without any adjustment (completely stock setups) , i even went back and tried the 458 road and AE82 specifically because people where saying they had issues with them .

Thank You Kunos for the way the cars handle (to me).

But now for me to get in trouble ,(I hope not ).
    Is there a way of getting the Ai to pass slower cars ? This is really my only issue with this Sim (not expecting night or rain) . After playing a certain recently free to play online Sim (not mentioning names) and the way the Ai actively attacks and blocks and passes is outstanding and then to come here and have a snake of cars touring around behind the slowest car is really off putting .

I really don't want AC to be only a hot lapper because the physics and sounds and car selection and graphics make this one the Sim i really want to play the most but with Directx 11 coming to my other favorite Sim that could end up with all my money because of the performance increases that DX11 brings along come all sorts of graphical improvements , which is all that really needs to take a lot of the attention away from everything else.

Please, can the Ai get more aggressive and attack more . Maybe a slider with aggression would be a option .

Thanks again .

Tony74 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Has something changed Nov 16, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Has something drastically changed in the F40 recently Apr 27, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Something that has bugged me for a while.... Dec 26, 2015
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Apr 13, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Access violation on game startup . The UE4-AC2 game has crashed Apr 11, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! on version 1.9.8 (the UE4 AC2 Game has crashed...) Mar 9, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Line 95 [SOLVED] Feb 26, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Dec 2, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close - Fatal Error Oct 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Game has crashed.. Oct 8, 2023
    ACC Physics Why the Ferrari 296 has no suspension? Aug 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close - Fatal error! Jul 22, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions IXR has League Nights on Friday's 7:30pm BST Jun 18, 2023

3. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

The things change constantly, because the game is still in development (thanks DEVS), so I never pay attetion to how the cars handle, if I like it I drive it, if no, I just skip it.
    I think mainly you experience a placebo, I had the same feeling when I went back to iRacing for some competetive racing, and not because I felt AC bad or somethimg, just wanted some organized racing, and when I come back to AC it felt that the cars are totaly different, like better or something, but after a while it was the same AC as before.

Seria17hri11er and TDS like this.
  4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

No, since the release of AC and version 1.0, nothing in AC changed, nothing at all … :p

AC shows very well the learning curve both of the users and the devs. ;)

5. The 458 is brilliant at the moment. Can't wait how it will evolve with the upcoming v10 tyres! Yesterday I drove some laps with the RX7 and couldn't feel myself comfortable at all. The car rotates like the mid-engined Ferrari but doesn't have the balance of 458. It sounds amazing thou..

6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Might be more a case of getting use to something different/worse then coming back to AC and seeing the vast improvement :)

Tony74 and Seria17hri11er like this.
  7. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

Dunno what's changed or when, but I went back and drove the approx 10 cars I didn't really enjoy in AC and they're now driving really nicely.

When I drove the Alfa 155 last year sometime it seemed really wonky, but now it's brilliant.

Some developers release content and if it's not quite right they just shrug and move on to the next one, it seems like Kunos keep tweaking and adjusting until it's right... no matter how long it takes :)

Tony74, LeDude83 and TDS like this.
  8. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

If you haven't play for months, you were perhaps still used to the V6 tires model.

Some cars are now in V7 and others even in V10 (for your information, there are no V8 / V9) ;)

9. Most likely he's talking about the inertia tweak that came with the v1.11.

10. Stains

Stains Simracer

But what's with all the negative feedback in a certain thread ? saying how the tyres and driving feels like no front grip .
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...s-and-how-they-behave-partially-solved.41183/
    This was what i felt some 2-3 months ago but today the cars front end has plenty of grip and are actually a blast to drive . So much so i'm heading back in for some more laps !!

Any one got any ideas about the Ai ?

11. Stefano has said that improving the AI is at the top of his list of priorities, but that he is currently out of ideas for how to do so.

12. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Perhaps it has to do with changes in ffb settings in the wheel profile, namingly spring and dumper.

For instance, put spring at 0% and go for a drive. Most likely you’ll notice the car very much disconnected from the track. Then put it at 100% and repeat. The driving feel surely will be quite different.
    Changes to damper also are noticeable.
    Although many suggest using it 0%, damper also affects wheel weight. The stronger the wheels motor, the stronger the ffb and most likely to use 0% damper. But for several wheels, with weaker motors and strength, might not be a bad idea to use damper, enough at least to have some weight on the wheel.

Also in AC controller settings, both road and slip effects affect the feeling of the car on track. Again, if the wheel as a strong enough motor and produce strong enough ffb, both road and slip can be set at a very low percentage, or even at 0. However for several wheels it might not be a bad idea also to have road and slip effects with some percentage applied (read some percentage as the percentage necessary, it can be 10% or 50%, its up to own feeling and liking).

Surely ffb feeling it’s above all a matter of preference and, also, how much each one is used to driving, but evidently changing these 4 settings, spring and damper on wheel profile and/or road and slip effects on AC controller settings does influence the driving feel in AC.

Buggi likes this.
  13. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

It's not wrong or right, it's a possibility to change the settings and influence how the wheel feels in the hands.

14. Using spring in AC (or pretty much any game that features FFB) is wrong.
    AC only uses damper to add resistance to the wheel at speeds >5 kph, the percentage that is set in the wheel driver doesn't change this.

The effects sliders that someone chooses to use should be based on what info they want transferred to them through their wheel, not because of what brand that wheel is.

Anyways, the OP doesn't state how long it has been since he last played AC so it could be any number of things that feel different to him.

The Moose and Horus like this.
  15. tabis

tabis Simracer

We got Porsche now ;)

16. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

That would improve any game, maybe even PCars2 :D:p;)

17. Stains

Stains Simracer

2.5 months since last played . I put in over 200hrs into 2 other Sims in that time .

I use fanatec GT2 0 damper and spring but dri@3 .

Surely if Stefano needs some inspiration for Ai tweaks he could play rF2 @ 110% difficulty and set agression @ 40-55% and Ai limiter @ 20 . Pretty much perfect .
    ( I'm ducking for cover) .

18. There have only been very minor changes in the last three months that would affect the cars you named.

19. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, and again there was no changes in the cars mentioned by OP, so we got another placebo victim.
    What about others complain, well humans are made to complain so no wonder.
    Also don't forget that we have a learning curve, what was hard yesterday can be different today also when we switch from one sim to other there's also muscle memory for the previous behaviour and because AC is more natural you can find it easier after some mess like iRacing...

Tony74 likes this.
  20. Oh boy. Tweaks with the tyres and inertia did affect every single car and is not very minor thing with some cars..

aphidgod and Stains like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.