1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Horizon 3 , best arcade racer ever ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShimonART, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Theobris

Theobris Racer

Well I just drove through a shipwreck in water on the beach and also drove through a river under a bridge to get some XP points, so you probably wouldnt like that, but I do. It's a computer dreamworld, you can even fly around in drone mode, whats not to love.

2. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I feel like an idiot spending $100 on it, game has no sense whatsoever, mindless driving around when you get XPs for driving clean/winning races or smashing your car and surrounding into bits, all the same "great job, you did very well", but my 7 year old loves it.
    Guess they could skip flaky wheels support altogether, they are just as useful as in Star Wars dogfight.
    Observations:
    - Runs fairly stable on higher end system, very demanding, while the graphics are about the level of Dirt 3. What is wrong with modern games, they look only marginally better but system requirements get sky high.
    - On low end system, Low preset, 30 fps look quite decent, but stability is awful, game crashes to the desktop almost at the beginning of every event
    - Physics, what physics, there is no point to use roads at all, you can just take a shortcut through the jungles, cutting some trees in the process, in the Lambo or Ferarri at 100+mph w/o even missing a beat as if it was a tank.

LeDude83 likes this.
  3. Theobris

Theobris Racer

Thats funny I have Dirt 3 and they look nothing alike, Dirt Rally maybe. I dont know where you're getting that crashing from, Ive only had one in many hours of playing and that was when I had to leave the game to go to Microsoft.

Its a game, nobody has pretended that its anything else, a very good game, maybe not to everyone's taste, but to me its the future of gaming in an almost real world.

Actually what would make it even better if you could drive to Mount Panorama and then join a more sim race, or even jump on a plane and go to France for a race at Spa. This is why I like the game so much, the future possibilities are endless.

I paid $90 for Doom 3 I think, and that was a long time ago.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  4. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

The Wheel support has to be sorted and I cant see why. I had FH2 on the BOX breifly and it felt good with the Thrustmaster TX.
    I actually prefered the handling off Horizon over Forza 6. Horizon feels like forza did a couple off years ago with a touch off
    arcade. Theres a lot off problems at the moment with this game probably becouse
    its their first PC launch. I hope T10 understand that its wery importent to fix the
    game or many PC users wont buy another racing game from T10 ever wich
    would be sad.

5. Theobris

Theobris Racer

I think T10 will be working hard to resolve this, its important for them and for Microsoft for this cross platform flagship game. I know a lot of people are having problems, but there's also a lot more who aren't including me. I've been on many many forums, this really isnt all that unusual, even Apple has major problems with updates and such, unfortunately there are a huge number of computer configurations to contend with and problems will occur no matter how dilligent the developers are.

Bo-Göran Larsson likes this.
  6. blueshark747

blueshark747 Gamer

Not buying the game because like Forza Apex you can't load 3D Vision or Occulus/VorpX because Microsoft games are control freaks.

Why the hell do I care about Forza series coming to PC if I cant play it in 3D or VR?

Mike1304 likes this.
  7. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

well vip and dlc is fixed
    add me if you playing :p
    TUNANOCRUST02

8. plaid

plaid Alien

Just a touch of arcade? I read some reviews and comments about the physics and usually people wrote that its far easier to handle the cars to the point its basicly impossible to screw up compared to Forza Motorsport. The tires seem to have a amount of grip that makes it even for beginners hard to spin etc.

However, I hope the demo for the PC will come soon. For me personally the experience of more realistic physics also make it kinda hard to enjoy cars with arcade physics, not so much for the sake of realism, but the chance to screw up makes it more rewarding.
    But also AA(A) games ruined bareboned indie games that offer not much more than the core gameplay, so Im starving for a fleshed out singleplayer experience.

9. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Demo will be on the 27th

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

plaid likes this.
  10. blueshark747

blueshark747 Gamer

Honestly if they had a Forza 6 pyhysics/sim game mode option in Forza Horizon 3 I would buy it.
    I like Forza 6 handling

11. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

It has SIM option and SIM damage tire wear are you can turn off all the assists off , honestly it feels kinda like forza apex pysics

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

12. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

I've been thoroughly addicted to the early access of this game.

Is it worth getting? Seeing as it's 2 days from official release NO don't. Maybe in 2 days, but even so, I would be weary.

What's good?
    The physics are realistic enough to enjoy the feeling of fear as you go 150 mph through small streets. It's difficult. I'd almost say difficult NOT in the sense of realism, but just difficult to drive. Reactively and physically. There's a bad side to this too, further down. FWD feels like FWD, you can drift, but you can't go sideways at 200 mph like it's nothing, you'll spin out or crash....arguable. High speeds can get scary with the steering, especially when weaving through traffic.
    Cars and numbers: Tons of cars, huge areas, lots to do. LOTS to do.
    Graphics
    Music is pretty decently selected
    tuning and sense of speed is very fun
    AI is extremely tough and won't back down. They seem to learn the more you drive with the same drivatars.
    Endless amounts of features related to both online and offline.
    Multiplayer actually worked for me.
    PAINT
    Drivatars match your car to a point
    Custom championships and events.
    Rain and post rain.
    My favorite part of the game right now is the fact that you can get beside a drivatar in free roam and match their speed for a sec. After about 2 or 4 seconds they gun it. I love that you can just pull drag any of them at any time.
    SOUND!!!

What's bad?
    Well, where to start?! Wheel support? G29's are "supported" but many can't even get it to recognized. I'm running T500RS and G27 with Basher boards adapter. Shifter won't work at all. T500 FFB is......eh.....it feels like generic windows FFB honestly, with a slight hint of vibration feedback. In all honesty, THIS is what console gamers have been raving about????? If so, I can see why PC players get all elitist, because this is pathetic. It's still usable, but wow.
    Controller options in general are utter garbage. A T500 cannot have a custom profile because there's not enough buttons on the wheel to map all the functions (something the game requires you to do in order to save the profile)
    T500 wheel linearity felt completely off and FFB was useless unless I moved rotation from thrustmaster profile to at least 600 degrees. It then becomes much more playable.
    Opposite lock FFB on PC isn't right at all. Based on videos of Xbox players, the FFB is completely different.
    Performance is very unstable.
    No triple screen support. I can see this not being the worst thing ever. I'm still playing in single screen and having fun, but this is so long in the tooth....
    No FOV or seat position setting. LAME. Cockpit view is completely useless.
    The constant barrage of overglorified cutscenes, and personally, how happy your "secretary" is to make you a millionaire.
    It seems a little too easy to unlock pretty everything overall. I don't feel like I'm having to try very hard (except for races).
    VIP doesn't work for me. In fact everything from "Ultimate Edition" doesn't work. I've seen it's been fixed for some, but not all.
    Random crashes.
    60 fps limit doesn't work well for me. Unlocked was a travesty. 30fps works for me, but I feel major input lag.
    This might just be me thinking too far, but it feels like STEERING LOCK on PC is halved compared to xbox. Watching drift videos from The SLAP train, I can see him getting much more lock out of the car than what I have.$
    Cannot map individual gears >:|

Everything that PC players have feared about a console game coming to PC are pretty much true. It's still a great game overall. I really hope they can fix the glaring issues.

13. Theobris

Theobris Racer

If the physics were too real most of the game would be virtually unplayable because a lot is offroad and I mean offroad, driving through rivers, into fallen trees and fences etc, I wouldnt mind better physics, but with a lot of fiddling you can make it feel pretty good, especially cruising along the highway.
    This game is not for sim perfectionists, its an enjoyable open world driving game with fabulous scenery and feeling.

14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Even off roading could be done properly. Look at Dirt Rally. Of course cutting the road through the forest in the Hypercar cannot be based on real world physics.
    Fps is rollercoaster, hickups during race events are the worst. I seem to lessen it by removing FH3 process Affinity from Core 0 same trick that worked with NFS HP.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=372777922

15. Theobris

Theobris Racer

I've got Dirt Rally, you don't drive through banana plantations, through the ocean and rivers, I agree the physics could be a bit better, but how much better. I'm having virtually no hiccups, but I know a lot of people are, no idea why.
    I've been building my own computers for years and I never seem to have the problems other people do. I was an insider on Windows 8 and 10 and only ever had a couple of problems while other people were having huge problems.
    There are people on Forza forums that have already discovered all the roads and numerous barn finds etc, while others can3t even get started, go figure.

16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

My point exactly, why they let you do that. There are some great off roads and you should be using off road cars to explore them, not go off road to explore the wilderness in Ferrari FXX, making shortcut through banana plantation w/o slowing down :). At least Forza is is not pretending to be a sim anymore, but even arcade can be done with the taste.
    Graphics are awesome, time of the day and weather change during the race is in particular awesome. AC should definitely have it, may be one day. ;)

manuelecelestiale likes this.
  17. blueshark747

blueshark747 Gamer

Assetto Corsa needs a polished open city map mod.
    I would be a happy camper!

18. Theobris

Theobris Racer

Some things might have been done better, but hey it's still fun, I didnt think I'd be able to drive through the banana plantation but thought why not and it was fun, maybe they could have used better off road vehicles for the job but it is what is.
    I've got to keep talking myself out of going back for more and discovering and racing more, and if it can do that to me it can't be all bad, because I get bored pretty easily.

19. Theobris

Theobris Racer

Or Forza could have a F1 car in a barn find and you get to go to Spa or Monza for a real race, virtual that is. I think this game is going to open up a lot of possibilities. The only problem I think is its going to take huge studios to develop these games and computers are going to hzve to keep on getting more powerfull.

One thing i really love is the paint jobs, and the painters are going crazy over this game, Ive got to stop talking about it or Ill jump back on again.

Oh, and dont worry Kunos I still love driving AC, the physics are definitely better, and better than Pcars.

20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Admittedly, the game is a masterpiece in its genre. And is surprisingly polished and stable for the first full title release on UWP.
    RIP NFS.

Psit likes this.