1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How do you set ride height ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by gnr_tb, Jan 24, 2014.

1. How did you configure your diff ?

You can download it here: http://www.aimsports.com/software/
    You didn't get your google achievement by the way. Not even bronze... :p

paulieGTR likes this.
  2. gnr_tb

gnr_tb Racer

OH turns out actually this software works with AC without any plugin and such! you just use the NKT file from the AC folder in documents, cool.
    I think it can't draw the track though.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  3. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I learned the ride height stuff from youtube videos (this video here) and intuition/problem solving skills.
    ~Bailey

Remco Tissink likes this.
  4. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

Bailey... are you altering your setup then before you race? only certain cars? Can you give me a specific example so I can try it myself?

5. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I have never altered an AC setup other than putting more fuel in the tank and putting on harder tires.
    I don't quite understand your question. Yes, you would alter the setup before the race. :) If you are willing to take the time to do it you would want every car that you race to be fast and feel comfortable at the same time. I am more of a team multiclass endurance racer so whatever setup that allows our team to finish the most laps in 4 hours (or more) is the one we go for. Even if we are 1 sec off the pace in practice we will be right there challenging the leaders by the end of the race.

~Bailey

6. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Out of curiousity, who are you racing with and where, what multiclass endurance. :)

7. Bailey

Bailey Alien

We shall talk elsewhere...
    ~Bailey

paulieGTR likes this.
  8. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

I assumed you were dropping the front and / or raising the back end somehow...I dunno ... likely the same place where you change tires. I don't even know how that's done. That's why I asked.

9. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Ok. The production cars of AC tend to have very limited setup options. If you are looking for some exposure then look to drive the cars with big rear wings. These tend to be cars designed to race and will have more setup options to do so. Play with the settings to see how each on effects the car. Drive over bumps, take corners too fast, use the brake and throttle at the same time, do whatever you can to feel what that setting you changed actually did to the car.
    ~Bailey

paulieGTR likes this.
  10. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Remco Tissink and alex72 like this.
  11. Is there any reason why the E30 in standard setup has the front lower than the rear? Or at least according to the numbers anyway? I gather normally you'd want the front and rear at the same height and as low as you can get them?

12. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Depends on your rear wing. As someone said earlier, the more rear wing you have the more the rear will be pushed down, so you really want to have the rear higher than the front so it will even itself out at speed.

13. alex72

alex72 Alien

Hehe, thanks.

I actually tested and sure we can see it. :)

Now i just wish they give us more range in the values for each car (also lot of setup areas missing for many cars when others have plenty of setup possibilities). Also, it says about negative toe for wheels to point out and give better turn in. Problem is almost no car have negative values for toe lol. They go from 0 an up. But not negative numbers so we cant make the wheels point outwards. Anyway im sure they fix this later. I just want more range on the setup values. :)

paulieGTR likes this.
  14. The toe numbers that you are referring to, are not the toe-angle but just a linear scale. If you change them from 0 to max, you can read the real angle in the text on the right side of the screen.

paulieGTR likes this.
  15. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Yes... but can be confusing none the less and should be fixed. :)
    It does with me sometimes.

What about "0" being in the centre, negative numbers to the left and positive numbers to the right.

ie.
    -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 <0> 1 2 3 4 5 = real values.

It would be nice to not have to look to other places on the screen, to see what's been changed, or what it means(real values). :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  16. It is a matter of taste. The real angle would be convenient but I think that the way it is in the game resembles the real situation more closely.

paulieGTR likes this.
  17. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Yes i suppose we guys are just needing to get used to the AC UI and it will at some point,
    become second nature. :)

18. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yeah i want realistic values as well, but most cars dont have negative values for toe. They have 0-8 (for example) but no negative numbers. Still the tooltip says to apply negative toe to get faster turn in.

Not applied yet because of early access?

19. Bailey

Bailey Alien

You will have to be careful with the difference in height setting. In race cars you will want the front to be lower than the rear when the car is moving. In the simplest way I can say this: It creates a void under the car which eliminates the drag that would otherwise be there. (Ground Effect Wikipedia).

~Bailey

Remco Tissink likes this.
  20. And I guess you really need telemetry to see the compression of the springs to determine how high the front/rear of the car is at speed?