1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How much money have you spend on simracing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kofotsjanne, Dec 1, 2016.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I looked ISRTV's previous stream and their last weeks poll was "how much money have you spent in total sim racing". Thought it could be pretty interesting so see the numbers from here. :)
    I made the poll with the amount they used. Here it is:
    https://strawpoll.de/c6c81aa

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions (BUG/Glitch) Feels like having too much horsepower/no backwing ! Jul 5, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much revenue do console sales generate and why is console so badly supported? Jul 3, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Why I don't play ACC as much as others.. Jun 12, 2023
    ACC Physics Anyone else finding the Alpine being much faster than any other GT4 cars since 1.9? May 30, 2023
    ACC User Interface Suggestion for much better replay- overview Dec 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How Much Longer ? May 3, 2022
    ACC Gameplay next lap invalidated too much exit speed? Mar 3, 2021
    ACC Gameplay How do I know how much time do I lose with damage? Jan 1, 2021
    ACC Physics 1.6.3 - 2018 porsche on 2020 track: wet tires pick up too much heat from brakes Dec 2, 2020
    ACC Physics Why does the Ferrari have so much caster effect? Nov 20, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Too much rain in cp servers Nov 16, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer To much rain on CP Servers? Oct 27, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much would you recommend the game to a newbie? Oct 26, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions How much bandwidth does an ACC server use on average? Sep 7, 2020
    General modding discussion [help] Trying to build first track. Much appreciated? Aug 12, 2020

3. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

So far only a g27 and software.

Next year it's gonna be a full rig, fanatec setup and a dedicated pc, so ask me this question again in aprox 6 months :)

vegaguy 5555, Horus and mister dog like this.
  4. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

Too much if you ask my wife. ;-)
    Now, on a more serious note though:
    ca. 350 EUR (without the G27; it was a gift from my father)

vegaguy 5555 and AmorFati like this.
  5. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Already 5 of us that spend more than 1000 bucks :D

Well fancy gear accumulates over the years, and it's my nr 1 hobby so i have an excuse! I spend a thousand on Fanatec gear so far and a capable gaming PC set me back 700 bucks on top of it. But it has been worth it as i clock in enough hours sim racing on a yearly base.

Horus and AmorFati like this.
  6. GeraArg

GeraArg Simracer

I spend much less than a set of R888 every two/three month, is a cheap hobby. :D:D:D:D
    And I don't want to count the engines I broke. :eek:

LeDude83 likes this.
  7. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Current rig or everything from the day one? And how tight is the definiton of sim? Is Gran Turismo 1 for example a sim in this picture?

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Its hard to say, I think its up the the person answering. I only included equipment but its up to you what you want to include, if its a part of your sim racing, lets count it. Its not a poll for science but more for fun. :) No rules in the OP so I guess some people will count games, some will count entire PC's and so on.

Jebus likes this.
  9. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Cool idea

10. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Actually with those options in the poll no matter how I count it the vote is 1001-5000. Closer to 5000 if all PCs I've used for simracing are counted in.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Looking back over the past 30 years, I ended up with a number around 1600 Euro, maybe 100 more, maybe 50 less. That includes three wheels, the rest were game titles.

Most expensive wheel was 250 (G27), cheapest one was 150 (Microsoft Sidewinder). Most expensive game was RR with around 200 bucks for all content, best value for money was AC with all DLCs released so far but at early buyer discount price.

Most influential for my "player career" were Grand Prix Amiga, Gran Turismo 1, Colin McRae Rally 1, Nascar 2003, GTR-2, Richard Burns Rally, Assetto Corsa, Raceroom.

First racing game I ever played was Ferrari Formula One Grand Prix for Amiga, I think 1987 (not to be mistaken with the Geoff Crammond Grand Prix game). That was when EA still was called EOA. :D

Wowh. Tough racing school I went through :D.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    mister dog likes this.
  12. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

TH8A - £10 (+ Amazon vouchers)
    TX - £210
    CSP V2 - £220ish
    Addon rim - £150
    Games - at least £180
    Let's say £200 lost by upgrading to that stuff
    Computer - £2500 inc upgrade losses (but I'd have this even if I didn't do sim racing)
    Total £970 ($1221) not including computer or £3470 ($4369) including. Probably a lot less than some people!

13. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

Revs + (C64)
    Indy 500 (Amiga)
    F1GP (Amiga)
    GPL (PC)
    LFS (PC)
    RBR (PC)
    GTL (PC)
    GTR2 (PC)
    rF1 (PC)
    AC (PC)

Logitech G25 - Bought shortly after it was released. I`ve been hammering it almost daily since then, and apart from repairing one wire under the shifter, it`s still in perfect shape.
    Logitech Precision gamepad, a plastic project box, and 14 gold phono sockets (logi torn apart, wired to the phonos, and mounted in the box to make a handy button box base).

A tin of black paint, and one bottle of wood glue (to slap together a handy under-table cockpit).

Not counting any computer upgrades, since that`s a general thing. I`ve never once updated anything specifically for simracing.

So roughly £450 over the last 31 years. Not bad value for all that entertainment :)

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  14. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I sold 5 Vegas for my gaming PC. Built two cockpits and starting a third one.
    Lots of drawings. Lots of time and research invested.

15. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

I started with NASCAR Racing in 1994 with a Joystick, since then, i bought too much wheels, pedals and other hardware...as i only do sim racing, i think it is more the 10k including all hard and software...

16. s2173

s2173 Gamer

60 euro for DFGT, used
    about 120 for AC+DLC and GSCE (AMS for free)
    about 15 euro for bushings and springs for my homemade pedals (we have tons of aluminium plates around the house from old hi-fi systems)
    pc, used, premade acer: 75 euro
    videocard: 50 euro

total 320 euro

My pc definetly needs total upgrade, I would need about 150 for that when I can spare such sum... (i3-2100/3200, mobo, 4/8 gb ddr3)

17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

e.g. if you bought a wheel because you bought GT, I wouldn't count it.
    If however you were using that wheel with a sim (like GTR2) and if you would've have bought it for that anyway even if GT wasn't there, then I would.

18. Horus

Horus Alien

£1.50, I'm a skint as a Rat. (Said in a gravely old deep Welsh accent) :D

P.S. Please remove the first 'Have' from the title. ;)

19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Gran Turismo 1 was ze sim back then, so Id count GT too. :)

@Horus
    I couldnt edit the title anymore but its reported so it will be changed later.

Jebus and Horus like this.
  20. Horus

Horus Alien

There is an option for OPs to edit title or similar. Has that gone now?

21. Used G27, can't remember how much it was but its well outlived my expectations and the price I payed. I remember I just couldn't justify getting a new one in case I didn't like using a wheel, and for the first week or so I thought it was awful. It soon became clear though that I would never go back to a controller.

Should it ever die (it's sounded like its about to for the past 12 months, still going), I think I'll have no issues purchasing a more expensive wheel, given the time I spend on it.

Other than that, just a wheel stand, load cell mod.

For software, just AC and all the DLC. Rf2 (for karting, and old Spa, otherwise it stays fairly redundant).

Horus likes this.