1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hybrid KERS management

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Tberg, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Hi guys,

I desided to get into these hybrid cars, while still high on the Le Mans event.
    I apparently have no idea how to gain 5-10sec alone by Kers and MGU-K management.
    Driving the 919 2015 at the mod circuit de la sarthe, I could get into the 3:31-32 ish, and the kers would run out somewhere before the Porche curves.
    I saw Paolo Muia driving with full kers way past 300km/h on each straight, even before braking at the cartwheel just before the finish, and the acceleration was at all times with kers. Laptime down at 3:25 ish.
    Though he wouldn't say how he did, because apparently I assumed he cheated by asking "boost hack?", not calling cheater out, I tried all MGU settings first, driving around the track. Zero available kers before the Porsche curves. Then I tried switching between charging/low preserve on accelerations, then go high aggressive or hotlap to get kers going at 7th gear to be able to even reach 320km/h at the longer straights. No matter how I tried, even tried manually at certain points, available kers would run out and I could go 250km/h tops through the last curves.
    So, how did he manage to gain 300+km/h on every single straight where possible all around the track?

Cheers!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    esox71 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Online Leagues / Championships room ACF1 - Season 2 - RSS Formula Hybrid 2022 s (ver2) Sep 16, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Formula Hybrid 2022 sim racing league starting soon! Sep 1, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Formula Hybrid 2022 sim racing league starting soon! Sep 1, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Assetto Corsa Formula Hybrid 2022 League Feb 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Super slow in Formula Hybrid cars and setups don't do anything Feb 1, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Hyperion and Formula Hybrid Championship Dec 20, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room (PC)ACF1 by BF1EL [RSS Formula Hybrid 2021] Oct 21, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room WW Formula Series, Season 2 Recruiting / RSS Formula Hybrid 2021 Sep 29, 2021
    Screens & Videos F1 Setup & Hotlap: Red Bull Ring - 1:04.237 - RSS Formula Hybrid Jul 1, 2021
    Screens & Videos F1 Hotlap at Paul Ricard (France) RSS Formula Hybrid (F1) 2021 Jun 16, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Hotlap and Setup with Formula Hybrid 2021 @ Barcelona May 6, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room Formula Hybrid 2020 League for relative noobs? Mar 7, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room Formula Trout League - RSS Formula Hybrid 2020 - New Season Jan 4, 2021
    Screens & Videos Rss formula hybrid 2020-Monaco 2017 Jan 3, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room OWSR x F1C FH19 Series (RSS Formula Hybrid 2019) | OWSR Feb 6, 2020

3. esox71

esox71 Alien

Was observing the same thing last night I'm 35's @ best.
    I don't know where the 10+ seconds are?

4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

@Paolo Muià

Just found you're here, so if you care to elaborate :)
    Sorry for giving the idea that I assumed you cheated, I was merely amazed how the kers lasted all lap. "Boost hack?" was ment as "how the hell do you keep boost going all lap??!" ArgH!".

I can go pretty fast in GTE cars, 4:00:xxx in the C7R f.i., so I know the track. I'm sure the kers thing is the key.

Any thoughts from anybody would be cool though :)

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers!

esox71 likes this.
  5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

The last seconds is having kers taking you to >300km/h all around where straight lengths allow it. I couldn't make the kers last whatsoever...

:confused:

6. esox71

esox71 Alien

There is a setup on setup market, I tried it and was getting 320+kph I'm sure.

7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Not without Kers you did

8. esox71

esox71 Alien

Yeah with kers that is.

9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

That's the problem. Paolo did easily get past 300 all around track, because he had kers going. If I even remotely tried that, I would run out of kers regardless of how I tried managing it. If I preserved it using f.i. Charging, Kers is still used through the first 3-4 gears, then you have to switch MGU or apply manually. Both would drain available kers, if I tried reaching the same topspeeds all around track as Paolo did. Nothing setup- or drivingwise, just pure kers.

esox71 likes this.
  10. esox71

esox71 Alien

Couldn't swap MGU on the fly as far as I remember?

11. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Yes u can in the 919

esox71 likes this.
  12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

One thing I could imagine is that he set the car to charging and only manually used KERS, but not by just pressing the KERS button and maybe having a script running that only uses KERS in intervals.
    i.e. if you press the button on the wheel the macro activates and which activates KERS in-game for like 50ms and then have it off for 50ms (or other rate) so the KERS last longer but not at full power.

I hope you understand what I mean.

13. roadrunner_gs

roadrunner_gs Rookie

But that would be bollocks. They don't drive that way IRL.
    Was surpised, too, seeing how they hit 300 before the kink after Tertre Rrouge on the first part of Mulsanne, only about 10% of allowable KERS deployed and going to 335 before the first chicane.

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

In these cars your normally best to use charge mode and manual kers on exits. Finding where best to use most is tricky and no need to waste too much later into the straight. All the other modes are going to waste battery in spots you dont really need it.

Keeping some kers for the last sector will help your laptime. I havent driven the Porsche at le mans only the audi and it has way less kers to ise per lap but was able to get that to 3:30 porsches should be considerably quicker there.

I will try the porsche there later but think 3:25 should be possible.

Coanda, Tomcul and Tberg like this.
  15. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Aero setup.

Did a quick test, front aero to 1, rear to 2 (Diff. power + coast to 25%, otherwise default setup)
    KERS is set to 'Charging' with no manual usage.

And here for a comparison the lap I did before, also 'Charging' setting but with manual use, but as said using a rapid fire setting to strech the available energy.

Do we know for sure that the manual KERS usage is always full electric power? I don't know, but it might be possible that this can be adjusted so 50% or 70% (or whatever) of the max. electric power is deployed on the manual use.

16. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

No no no no. Deploy the energy as fast and as soon as possible to achieve highest possible straight line speed. There's absolutely no reason to limit energy output unless the car is traction limited in which case you shouldn't be pushing kers button at all. The ideal case would be instant release of the energy available for the straight if that was possible.

17. Tberg

Tberg Alien

What was the laptimes then?

Yes, manual kers is full power when pressing it. Open the gear app to see it.

18. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Also, I'm in for more testing today as I later found out my throttle was stuck at 95%. Happens suddently sometimes, pulling the usb plug and reinsert fixes it, such an annoying bug. Not sure it was stuck when I drove the 919 though.

19. Tberg

Tberg Alien

@Schnipp
    After watching your first video, which I skipped before, it´s very clear that my problem has to be missing throttle input. I could barely get it up to 300 on charging, unless I used manual kers.
    I'm actually impressed I was able to go just as fast as many others in hybrids (3:30-34), so now I'm pretty sure that was my problem.Maybe I wasn't the only one with stuck throttle, lol. Should be easy to go 3:25 tonite.

@Paolo Muià, sorry for whatever, it was all my bad :)

As I matched almost everybody else in the hybrids, I didn't even think of the possibility of throttletrouble.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

What aero setting where you running?

And I don't know what lap time I could do, not used to push these cars, especially with low DF setup.
    I just made a comparison for the acceleration and speeds.

21. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I think I set them 2 clicks down on each wing, but that didn´t help much on the topspeed without kers. Yesterday when I was trying the 911 RSR, I was still faster in corners then other RSR drivers, but on the straights they slowly pulled away. Opened the pedal app and there it was, green bar but a few tiny pixels and a red marker on top that usually goes green.
    Thanks for doing the tests anyway, appreciate the effort. See what times can be clocked tonite.

Schnipp likes this.