1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I miss schumi (and manu was too late) - f1 spoiler!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Guidofoc, Mar 29, 2015.

1. esox71

esox71 Alien

Hope you's didnt also go onto Racedepartment as they had it plastered all over home page, put news channel on, turn radio on...etc etc
    Dry your eyes guys!

2. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

Great race and a slice of humble pie for Rosberg. Hopefully the season will get a little more interesting. I still don't like the sound of these new F1 cars though.

3. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

They sound bad, but at least they look better than last year when a lot of them looked like they were wearing dildos on their front.

snyperal likes this.
  4. This result was a big plus for Formula One. Last year's championship was as dull as a seriously dull day in Dullsville. We need mechanical equality throughout the grid in F1. That doesn't mean that I think they should all use exactly the same car, but having one car vastly superior to the rest just kills the drama.

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

At least we had 2 guys fighting for the championship last year and more than 1 manufacturer winning races. I can remember lots of seasons that were far more dull than 2014. Crowning the WDC 4 races from the end of the season used to be common.

Some of the races were very good, others less so. That's always going to happen unless you go for a close to spec series like DTM, Indy Car or Nascar, use reverse grids, use weight penalties. I don't think most people want to see that, DRS is enough imo. What is needed are more cars on the grid but that's harder to fix.

Boris Lozac likes this.
  6. Turk

Turk Alien

If you haven't watched it how do you know it's dying a slow death? the race at the weekend was a cracking race with battles up and down the field. If Ferrari can keep up this competitiveness this could be one of the most epic seasons of F1 we've seen in a long time. Vettel/Ferrari Vs Hamilton/Mercedes. I've got goosebumps just thinking about it.

That's just nonsense. I got rid of my TV a long time ago, I have no way of watching a live race anywhere else other than paying for an overpriced Sky service, I live out in the arse end of nowhere Ireland so it's not like I can go to the local sports bar/hotel to watch it. There's also these job things to consider.

If you don't know the result watching it live or a day later is exactly the same thing. Saying you have to watch it live is just snobbery.

Radiantm3 likes this.
  7. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

So you are saying the world revolves around your kind of lifestyle and schedule? What a shallow view of the world.

Live for me was 2am and I have 2 young kids that wake up at 7am and I need to be up. No way am I watching a race until 3-4am only to wake up at 7am for my kids. Modern technology allows people to watch "live tv" when we have the time to. Not spoiling live events for others is pretty common sense these days. I wasn't affected personally since I stay off the internet until I watch events like this, but it's still ridiculous to think everyone who cares should be watching it live.

mangal likes this.
  8. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

There is something as: livestream. Enough livestreams around on the net to watch things live ;)
    And yeah you can blame him for spoiling but it isn't like it hasn't been all over the news, online, facebook, ... I mean come on. Some people here are really overreacting. Grow up.

9. Turk

Turk Alien

Live streams are horrible. I just wait a few hours, which for an early morning race isn't a big inconvenience at all. Then I download it in HD at 50fps. I don't have a TV, so I don't see news, I don't read newspapers, leave the radio off and avoid websites or posts that are sure to talk about the race.

All it takes to appease me is a simple spoiler note, then I can avoid the thread until after I've watched the race.

10. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Aight, fair enough.
    I do agree that titles like this thread should be [ SPOILER ] F1 "insert race name" Results/Discussion.
    But some people are really overreacting here. Just saying :)

11. Turk

Turk Alien

It's not like I'm hopping mad or anything. It wasn't even this thread that caught me out. It was the other one with the title "Ferrari are back" or something to that effect. I clicked on it expecting to read about a new Ferrari car.

I stopped reading as soon as I realised what it was about and all I got out of it that one Ferrari had a victory but it still ruined the excitement of the last few laps knowing that Vettel wasn't going to be caught.

I would have overreacted at the time, if I could have jumped through the screen and slapped someone I would have but 2 seconds later I was calm again and all I could say is "**** happens". It's a risk you take watching the race later than everyone but in most other forums I'm a part of it's standard practice to spoiler posts for people that wouldn't have seen the race/movie yet.

12. It's just common courtesy to give it.......ooh, maybe half an hour after the race has finished before blurting the result out all over the interwibble :D

13. Nao

Nao Alien

Wanted to check for a mod there, opened front page by accident ... yeah :( Still it was fun race to watch regardless ~~~~~~

F1 racing may be not of that good quality atm, but im really enjoying the recent driver "drama", like how emotional Vettel was, Rosberg being lost on track and vs Vettel after the "come and get us comments", Button having so much positivity... etc.
    Also, watched it on BBC this time, and gawd, overall quality of the program was quite a downgrade after getting used to SKY... and it used to be the other way around when sky started. (still miles ahead of what we get here in Poland,and its pay to view too haha)
    It was good to hear good o'l Eddie thou :)... which coverage you guys prefer, sky or bbc?

14. esox71

esox71 Alien

The one with no adverts ;)

snyperal likes this.
  15. Tom 00

Tom 00 Simracer

BBC Every time. Suzi Perry is the difference.... Her *** is mighty fine! Far bettter than Damon Hill's! :) the deciding factor for me!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  16. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

I haven't watch a live sports event on TV in a decade or so. I watch everything when I want to, period. That said, you have to take the steps necessary to avoid the spoiler. I try to watch the race with breakfast; so it minimizes exposure.

Local sports (big college) are much harder to avoid the spoiler. You can't go anywhere. You have to avoid news and media sites that have even the slightest chance to reveal the results. In the US I can go to almost any news site and avoid F1 results, with Suzuka '14 being the exception. I probably don't actively avoid AC forum on race weekend, but I know now to keep a watchful eye out. Especially, now that there is competition for Mercedes. Hallelujah!!

I really have to get the DVR's capacity up when 24hr of Le Mans is on. I can fit the whole thing, but not much more IIRC.

17. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

It's just not the same for me, and i'm really bummed when i miss something when it's live, same with Champions League etc. Doesn't really matter if i avoid spoilers, just in back of my mind it's not the same as watching it live.

18. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

Trust me; I am a rarity amongst the people I know as well. They don't like to miss out on the live event. I don't really care; I want my time. I would get angry at US west coast Red Wings games that didn't seem to start until 2200. The triple OT games got a little late, but I was watching. A GP in many cases starts in the early AM. I am not messing with my sleep for that. Not in a world with HD DVRs.