1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 I think game killed my wheel!

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by iwanchek, Sep 3, 2016.

1. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

It worked now think is again ON damn it

Pedal to the metal

2. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Just an honest question. Why is it that you blame the game? Any real facts to back your OP headline?
    Earlier this year I got a TM T300 I was playing AC and the wheel failed sent it back only to fail again and since then it has been working like a dream. I never thought it was the game.

Skemekos123 likes this.
  3. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I was playing this particular game so game have something with this problem not your grandma!! Manual said that I've only to connect the when to PS4 and that's it I never read about installing driver got this wheel..after I did that now it seem to be working, I don't try it but after I connected to the console the calibration begun etc.

Pedal to the metal

4. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Sorry but my grandma died a long time ago, around when Atari was THE CONSOLE.
    So you are telling us you are the kind of guy that will blame your car for a crash when you forget to stop at a red light!

5. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

Nice! But now you know it was just a coincidence that you just so happened to be playing AC when your wheel stopped working for whatever reason.
    You more than likely could have been playing any other racing game and it would've done the same thing.

6. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

As I say I didn't see nothing about updating the damn wheel m8, just suddenly thing dropped dead I hope it wound happens again bcoz I was in a middle of a damn epic race :)

Pedal to the metal

7. Stevesixty7

Stevesixty7 Racer

It's not the game, Thrustmaster don't produce wheels and pedals that Logitech do, but Sony in their wisdom went with them. Logitech are far better.

8. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

I much prefer my thrusmaster to my Logitech. Never had a problem with either if them, but the thrusmaster is far better in feel of the FFB, and the shifter and pedals etc. It's just all round higher quality.

Maxx69 and eSEA One like this.
  9. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

It tells you in the manual mate. :)
    And also in their website. Glad you got it working again though. Hopefully it won't happen again during intense race.

10. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I've read the manual and I didn't find such "important note"! But anyway now it's working and am happy Bcoz I don't have to bring that wheel back etc.

But that event with the Ferrari ohhhh my goooood , I didn't have such feelings, intensity and pure/sheer excitement since my first sex!!!
    Ferrari with TC Off, only you and your machine. Monza, middle Sector, hard brake first left turn then shift to third early on power, flying like a rocket out of the corner (be4 the first lesmo) ohhh and then SPA, oooohhhhhhh my...!!!!

Pedal to the metal

Skemekos123 likes this.
  11. Stevesixty7

Stevesixty7 Racer

The cheap Logitech wheels are way better than the cheap Thrustmaster ones. I have a Driving Force Pro that is redundant, but is perfectly usable. I had to buy a T100 to use with Project Cars and Assetto Corsa, which turned out to be really poor in quality and price.

12. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Its the wheel overheating i had the exat same problem when i had t150,, i took the top case off and saw there was a temperature cut of wire thing attached next to the motor (dont know wat its called) so i unplugged it from the main circuit board, it was cutting off way to quick. then i removed the top half of the power suply (the plastic that surrounds it) because i found that it was getting really hot due to not enough holes in the plastc, After that it was fine. i recon thats thrustmasters way of scaming us, most people will probably end up sending there wheel back and being charged for it.

13. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Tbh my main suspect was overheating bcoz I touched the plastic part and it was really hit I mean not that u gonna burn your hand off but it was definitely hot.

So you remove the top plastic part and remove one part or?!
    Since then you've never issues?!

Pedal to the metal

14. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

15. Stevesixty7

Stevesixty7 Racer

My T100 is not quality. The accelerator pedal has failed. Something has given way, lifting off still gives a bit of throttle, not what you want going into a braking zone. It pushes the car on.

16. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Never had any issues after that,,yrs the top half of the power supply i removed the plastic that surround it with sharp tool

17. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I'd like to see that particular part that you removed. If you can/have time these days to make a picture/two so I can see what's up.

I mean, first day of a release I played 5h straight. Today it was like a hour and a half be4 this happened. Strange.

Pedal to the metal

18. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Yes i will post a picture shortly, also you remember that wire thing i was talking about the needs to be unplugged from the board coz i found it was still cutting off with it plugged in

19. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Pedal to the metal

20. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

this is the power supply part you can see i take the top half off i think it also un screws from the base par but as long as you have removed most of the plastic it shouldn't matter

Attached Files: