1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I want to buy a steering wheel, need suggestions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by strelokstk, Dec 18, 2013.

1. strelokstk

strelokstk Rookie

hi, i've never had a steering wheel and there are too many models out there. I need one with force feedback and shift paddles and don't really need the clutch. thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Buy DLC for PS4 today Oct 25, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues an error occurred - please buy another game Jul 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Seeking opinions for buying the best Jan 22, 2023
    Console Lounge To buy again. Sep 11, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Buying a physical copy of ACC for PC? Feb 24, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality What VR should I buy? Feb 8, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting no need to buy gt4s to play them Jul 17, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is there any crossbuy between Steam and Standalone? Jul 13, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is the intercontinental DLC available to buy? Jul 5, 2020
    ACC General Discussions No Mustang No Buy Jun 27, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Track Competency (TR) goes down after buying DLC???? May 20, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Which version to buy on Steam Dec 24, 2019
    ACC General Discussions How can Epic buying out Quixel help ACC? Nov 20, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Buy a Rift-successor Nov 1, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Buying the reverb maybe Oct 9, 2019

3. laurinsdad

laurinsdad Rookie

Would be useful to know how much money you want to spend. From 150 € - 5000 € there are some options for wheel and pedals ;)

4. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

I simply love my Fanatec GT2 in all it's glory.
    Smooth alcantara on the rim, belt drives for silent FFB, two motors, great looking, aluminium paddles, great price. Lots of love.

3igen likes this.
  5. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

From the wheels ive owned..

Logitech driving force pro:

Was ok, felt decent, just 2 pedals but you have the added gearstick on the side should you wish to go sequential. Pedals did feel a little light.

Logitech G25/27:

Arguably the best entry level package which supports clutch and shifter all in the package, great pedals, good ffb perfectly decent for a newbie.

Thrustmaster t500rs:

My current wheel, much better feel than the g25/27 but pedals i dont think are as nice.. Ffb is far the best ive felt on a wheel.

Id reccomend to you a g27, they are decent priced and you get a lot for your money.

barclay123 and F1lover like this.
  6. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I would probably recommend a G27 too. I have used one and its far better than my Driving Force Pro. I believe the Fanatec wheels are better though overall, but they cost a bit more.

I would personally love just a generic looking racing steering wheel without any logos (or maybe a wheel where I can put my own logo on it). Most of the wheels sold have either the manufacturer of the wheel or a licenced car maker logo (Porsche, Ferrari, BMW etc) I just want a plain racing wheel.

7. Enzo Martin

Enzo Martin Racer

Logitech G25 or G27 may be the right choice...., good construction materials and not much money ;)

8. Logitech DFGT is the absolute best starter wheel for the money IMO. $150 or less brand new, 900 degrees rotation, FFB, and built like a tank. Once you decide to get serious about simracing you can buy Fanatic pedals for a couple hundred dollars and have spent about the same money as a G27. I've been abusing mine for over three years now and it still works as good as when it was brand new.

9. laurinsdad

laurinsdad Rookie

As said if you dont want to spend much money perhaps G27 or Fanatec GT3RS Package with pedals which is for 250 € right now I think.
    If you want to spend more, T500 RS or Fanatec CSW with pedals of choice. There low money CSP, high money perhaps the new HE pedals when they are in stock again. More money ? Frex or Leo Bodnar Wheel or now CSW than wait for Accuforce from Simexperience.

10. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Logitech G27 would be my recommendation. The Driving Force GT would be, as it's cheap and closer to what you want feature-wise, but I can't recommend it for serious sim racing because of its pedals.

11. Sm1ggs

Sm1ggs Racer

Also you can mod the g27 add a bigger wheel of your choice and paddles and reverse mount the pedels

12. check craigslist. got a g27 for $150 (brand new) and it should serve me well until i am better driver.

13. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I was thinking of upgrading from a G25 to T500RS but I am torn. Is it really worth it? Also you think the G25 pedals are nicer? Do you mean aesthetically? I have a cheap brake mod (piece of rubber) and think it's excellent. I was under the impression the T500 pedals were adjustable therefore better than the G25/27.
    For me it's a lot of money which could be spent on bigger screen(s) or better GFX card, I just don't know for sure...

14. TechAde

TechAde Rookie

I have both a G27 and a T500RS and I think the T500RS pedals are miles better than the G27 pedals. They look better, feel better, work better, can be mounted either way up, are adjustable... it's no contest!

15. Manorba

Manorba Gamer

g25/g27 pedals are ideal if you are into some diy. just take them off the plastic case, mount them upside down on a wooden board, replace the brake pot with a load cell (50$/€) and use a bodnar controller/cable (a few 10s of $/€) to decouple them form the wheel and you have a kickass pedals set with very little expense.

16. TechAde

TechAde Rookie

Or just buy a T500RS and get twice the torque and pedals you don't have to go all DIY on to get them half decent. [No, I don't work for Thrustmaster! :D]

17. Qusso

Qusso Racer

So how much money you plant to spend ?
    From wheels I had G25/G27/Fanatec CSR and my good Buddy had Fanatec GT2 we both think without a doubt that Fanatec CSR is the best , and this is what Im using now .

18. Manorba

Manorba Gamer

of course. but how much is the t500rs? afaik is more than double the g27. that's the point ;) if you have money you go with t500 or something even better. if you're on a budget the g27, together with some diy lets you have a good setup with a lot less pocket-bleeding.

19. TechAde

TechAde Rookie

A quick check on google shopping search puts the G27 at £222 and the T500RS at £340. Take away the cost of the load cell mod & Bodnar cable and they're not _that_ far apart.

To me the extra torque of the T500RS is worth the extra cash.

20. Manorba

Manorba Gamer

yep i see. but you can find g27s under 200 euros on the net with little research. if the t500 has similar price fluctuations then you're right.

21. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

I have a G25 too. Yesterday I was lucky (or unlucky?) enough to test a T500RS with LFS and AC. I can't describe you how better the force feedback on the Thrustmaster is... Especially at drifting. The wheel rotates at the speed that the sim physics dicate it to.. G25 rotates much slower, making it hard to catch drifts etc...

I don't have the money for the T500RS, so I will stick to my G25. It is still good enough, even for drifting if you lower the rotation degrees to 600.