1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic I'll just leave this here.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Bibbles, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #165 Ok, I'll Alfa another go... Feb 8, 2020
    Chit Chat Room I'll be on the nordschleife 4-5th of july Jun 19, 2015
    Liveries I'll give you an idea for a new skins Sep 11, 2014
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards CP server in SA cannot leave pit box Apr 7, 2023
    ACC User Interface LEAVE ME ALONE IN MY SETUP SCREEN! Jun 7, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Unable to leave garage to start race or even practice May 2, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Stuck in pitbox and no matter what I try to leave it I cant [Clutch binding] Jan 22, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Cannot leave competition server after race Oct 14, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting player joins or leaves, i got a stutter Mar 15, 2020
    ACC Gameplay v1.2.3: Some AI consistently have clipping freakout trying to leave the pits. Dec 30, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer People leave races Sep 17, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer No Proper Race Start After Qualifying Leader Leaves Aug 5, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Can't leave the pit lane May 29, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting How to leave the sound with this echo? Feb 18, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI leaves weird tires marks on track Jan 11, 2019

3. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Swap FM6 with AC, and it's not a bad list.

Bibbles likes this.
  4. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Yes think Id agree with that, trouble is what F6 loses out on in the area of physics it more than makes up for in terms of being a full package game.

5. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

It's a good game, but a pretty terrible sim.

Skemekos123, bradleyland and Bibbles like this.
  6. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Been reading a lot of these best sim best driving game reviews and Assetto Corsa doesn't do that well in to many which I sort of am and not surprised about if you get me , but thought this one was about right.

7. Keith Quinn

Keith Quinn Racer

The fact that forza was rated higher than GT6, rFactor , and Assetto was enough for me to stop reading the article. Forza is far from a sim as it claims to be. Yes the game is beautiful and car selection is great the handling model in no way reflects sim racing! F1 2015 was riddled with bugs and the handling model was terrible F1 2016 is a different story. Dirt rally is a different animal and very hard probably the best rally game out right now. Project cars is still a great game and yes looks better than assetto on console, but again there are flaws with their handling model as well but in terms of best sim on console or out right now. The forefront should be iRacing, rFactor, Assetto, Project Cars, Gt6 and Gt sport, dirt rally, F1 2016, forza 6

LOW-LOWS, Maxx69, Skemekos123 and 3 others like this.
  8. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

I do believe the article refers to the PC version (beautiful graphics) so not really representative of the console version - so to compare AC for console to Forza 6 is nonsense - two different things anyway. Personally, after the drawn out and fruitless fiasco of project cars I have serious worries, but, the moment I started playing this I got a feeling of satisfaction even though the content is limited,that didn't happen with P Cars. I hope the same mistakes will not be made by Kunos and we will get a phenomenal sim racer - we know its good now, better after the patch and then... who knows. Good Luck to Kunos and thanks for the continued hard work ..
    sorry to disagree bibbles

Bibbles likes this.
  9. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

No its cool buddy ( thumbs up )

We all have our own personal opinions and views for me Assetto and pcars are like Mercedes-Benz and bmw both top line only one Mercedes-Benz ( Assetto) is more laid back more of a pleasing drive where as the other is more in your face more grit neither is better or worse than the other and it would be a sad world if we all liked the same things.

Forza is a full on game but a lame motorsport title imho , dirt rally well thats a tough one as im more a track guy but man thats hardcore .

I prefer Pcar to Assetto for many different reasons inc the physics yes I feel there both sims they just interpret things a little different as we all do , pcars reminds me more of my track days Assetto reminds me more of my driving feel on my way to the track .

Funny thing is I have all the games I have chatted about yet the only two I play are Assetto and Pcars Im just happy we are lucky enough to have such games on the console.

Maxx69, paul_wev and EMW SMILER like this.
  10. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

PCars is great with cars with slicks, their road tyre physics are awful.

AC blows everything away in terms of road feel, grip transition etc, and it's probably the only sim I've played that gets longitudinal grip right, even PCars longitudinal grip is out of whack.

The Moose and paul_wev like this.
  11. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

In fairness though, the physics in Dirt Rally are spectacular.

12. To article: lol

13. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

See id have to disagree lol but that's what makes us human.

Its just cool to be able to have a conversation without ripping each other to bits .

I think we all have our own interpretation of what is sim like and what isn't but the bottom line is we have choice and we play what better suits our style.

paul_wev likes this.
  14. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Many sims lose grip under acceleration way too easy, and once that grip has gone in many sims, they seem to think that a tyre losses all grip completely, and is akin to driving on ice.

Real life isn't like that, AC is the only one I have played that just feels right, to me of course, I do have a fair bit of real life track time.

Cote Dazur and paul_wev like this.
  15. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Classical case of

[​IMG]

16. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Always nice to have a conversation where people can share opinions, but yeah, they are all subjective.

paul_wev and Bibbles like this.
  17. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

Negativity breeds more negativity, your idea of a "conversation" is nothing more than an opportunity for those who enjoy AC to defend it and those who feel it doesn't please them to argue (conversation:confused:) This thread is meant to invoke conflict and is nothing more than an exercise in futility.

paul_wev likes this.
  18. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Now that's negativity!

19. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

The fact that iracing, AC & rfactor aren't sharing top 1 spot or aren't in the top 3 says enough. Hell, putting codemasters F1 above gran turismo should already ring a bell...

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  20. Assetto corsa never get a higher rating than fm6. You can't rate a game not only for one aspect.
    The physics in forza are for sure not on that level like there in Assetto. That have many reasons. To explain that would cost to many times.
    To start here a childlish simcade vs sim discussion is fruitless. That turn 10 says it's a sim is pure marketing.
    It's the same when you drive a Mercedes or a Ferrari. Both cars are great but both have different people who like it.
    Turn 10 is not payed that they make a simulation. There payed to mske a game to sell xbox one and xbox live. That's there job first. No sim would ever get that budget.
    There are not an independent studio. It's 100 % Microsoft.
    Forza celebrate the cars and not motorsport. That the most a petrolheads and love motorsport is out of question. But there have to make compromises that the forza Franchise stays alive and there get enough budget for upcoming projects. For that you must keep the casual players happy.
    The most forza player have no that deep interest in motorsport. They don't care if a Porsche 911 gt1 98 drives against gt3 cars in forza. Turn 10 never can reach the high sim standards for 600 cars.
    Greenawalt said a few times that there got no problem when people play IRacing or assetto.
    In general I must say that they made a better job than polyphony. This to studios you can compare.
    Assetto would ever get a lower ranking because they have not that much content. And not many of the reviewers have the knowledge about physics, so they feel not the details. Specifically for the faster cars.

21. Odbball

Odbball Racer

Bibbles - it will be interesting to hear you opinion on the games once you have your wheel. With a controller I'd choose forza, with a wheel AC!

Bibbles likes this.